How many of you can even imagine Financial Freedom

Kootami

6 minutes ago, Kootami said:

1C property gurinchi spot on @3$% . I have been Doing all this from last year, Thanks Dave Ramsey . But H1b contracting lo 401k antey employer istada ?

You can do ira if not 401k

7 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

Contracting lo 401 K IRA and Roth IRA how to do. any idea

As in contracting employer doesnt add to 401k

5 minutes ago, Kootami said:

1C property gurinchi spot on @3$% . I have been Doing all this from last year, Thanks Dave Ramsey . But H1b contracting lo 401k antey employer istada ?

IRA - individual gaa open cheyyachu. Employer tho dependancy ledu. 

Traditional 401K - employer ivvali. 

Individual gaa kooda options untayi ani chadiva but research cheyyaledu.

7 minutes ago, Kootami said:

1C property is a diff kind of investment. Your investment is speculating in appreciation, not day to day cashflow. You buy, feed, take the risk and wait for appreciation. You realize the gain ONLY if you sell it. Except for one friend I havent seen anyone sell to realize and re invest. It is not at all a means to FI in my books. 

Just now, Rushabhi said:

You can do ira if not 401k

Just now, phatposts said:

IRA - individual gaa open cheyyachu. Employer tho dependancy ledu. 

Traditional 401K - employer ivvali. 

Individual gaa kooda options untayi ani chadiva but research cheyyaledu.

yup roth IRA we can do roth IRA  they are with after tax dollars and withdrawals are tax free. But 401k ni roth ira ki convert cheskovachu , there are many steps in between but we can do

3 minutes ago, phatposts said:

1C property is a diff kind of investment. Your investment is speculating in appreciation, not day to day cashflow. You buy, feed, take the risk and wait for appreciation. You realize the gain ONLY if you sell it. Except for one friend I havent seen anyone sell to realize and re invest. It is not at all a means to FI in my books. 

+1 we  cannot get it back to US

7 minutes ago, Kootami said:

yup roth IRA we can do roth IRA  they are with after tax dollars and withdrawals are tax free. But 401k ni roth ira ki convert cheskovachu , there are many steps in between but we can do

You can do just ira tax free now taxed when you take

20 minutes ago, Kootami said:

traditional IRA . I think roth IRA is best

It depends on a lot of factors. There is no such thing as "the best". Depending on your age, income levels, market exposure comfort level, stocks vs etf belief ala chala factors batti IRA vs Roth factor cheyyali.

Just now, phatposts said:

It depends on a lot of factors. There is no such thing as "the best". Depending on your age, income levels, market exposure comfort level, stocks vs etf belief ala chala factors batti IRA vs Roth factor cheyyali.

if younger poeple investing then first 401k or traditional IRA then Roth IRA then slowly convert it to roth .

3 minutes ago, Kootami said:

if younger poeple investing then first 401k or traditional IRA then Roth IRA then slowly convert it to roth .

Assuming the younger people earn less than 75k, the sequence should be 

Roth IRA

Traditional IRA

and then 401K

Reason is - when you make less money your taxes are low. When you are naturally eligible for lower taxes it  makes sense to suck up less % taxes - move to Roth and invest there. The returns are not capital gained till 60y age. 

Once your income increases, tables turn - save $$ on taxes to avoid "donating" to uncle sam and keep that money with yourself in 401K. The gains grow tax free, but upon cashout you are liable for taxes.