Colorado Living

heypilla

15 minutes ago, filterKaapi said:

I lived there for 8 years baa.. racist place be careful 

12 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Any experiences? 

I too heard this 

Went to office , restaurants, tourist places, bought car, cigar lounge and bogum melam at least not faced anything this is 7 years back

21 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Any experiences? 

I too heard this 

bars la, supermarkets la bochudu sarlu middle finger soopincharu.. some people also said go back to india.. some made fun of accent.. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Went to office , restaurants, tourist places, bought car, cigar lounge and bogum melam at least not faced anything this is 7 years back

which part of colorado bro..also did you socialize mostly with desis outside of work?

2 hours ago, filterKaapi said:

which part of colorado bro..also did you socialize mostly with desis outside of work?

Centennial near Denver tech center bro, yes two non desis where at work for playing ping pong at local center apart from that not much , never faced racism as such one day friend took me to broncos tail gate party even though I did not understand much  mine was lucky I used to work for small vendor near tech cnetef so small office and small group of friends

15 minutes ago, csrcsr said:

Centennial near Denver tech center bro, yes two non desis where at work for playing ping pong at local center apart from that not much , never faced racism as such one day friend took me to broncos tail gate party even though I did not understand much  mine was lucky I used to work for small vendor near tech cnetef so small office and small group of friends

yea so it appears you mostly hung out with desi people.. i tried to socialize more with non desi (mostly white) people.. i met with a lot of racist behavior bro..

btw, i lived for 3 years in aurora and 4 near DTC

6 minutes ago, filterKaapi said:

yea so it appears you mostly hung out with desi people.. i tried to socialize more with non desi (mostly white) people.. i met with a lot of racist behavior bro..

btw, i lived for 3 years in aurora and 4 near DTC

Now you move out of colorado?? 

9 hours ago, csrcsr said:

i found ppl are generally nice and courteous. liberal culture.  one guy in my neighborhood sent his kid to rake leaves infront of my house during fall. 

i found great company on trekking and mountain climbing trips too. so i dont agree either.

12 hours ago, heypilla said:

Colorado anagane everyone is saying full snow full cold- Is it that bad ? I have been to Colorado just for visiting Aspen and other long weekend spots ..visited in fall- It was beautiful for me!!

not at all. People overestimate how cold it is here. It snows but everything melts away within a day or two because of the sunlight. The best decision i've made is to move here.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, heypilla said:

Colorado anagane everyone is saying full snow full cold- Is it that bad ? I have been to Colorado just for visiting Aspen and other long weekend spots ..visited in fall- It was beautiful for me!!

It’s definitely not as bad as Midwest or east coast ... 

Most of the times you will not even notice there was a snow last night ... it’s gone by next day 

2 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

not at all. People overestimate how cold it is here. It snows but everything melts away within a day or two because of the sunlight. The best decision i've made is to move here.

Bro.. ekkaduntav Aurora lo na ? Message cheyy 

13 hours ago, heypilla said:

Hello Guys,

Moving from California to Colorado.. pros and cons emuntayo konchem throw some torch light!!

Good luck! I'm in the Highlands ranch area and let me know if you need any help. 

Don't even try to buy a house anytime soon. It's one of the hottest markets in the country. I've been trying since three months and it was just a waste of time and energy. I can't compete with people bidding atleast 50k over asking price. Not saying it will not workout, but you'll be overpaying.