Day trading for a living - is it sustainable?

zarathustra

13 minutes ago, siru said:

Most youtube traders will sj=how u penny stocks for day trading. dont even get in penny stocks that are up 200% in a day..next day it will loose all and then some

this is the time to take risk atleast 20% of portfolio.. once everyone goes to office.. intha volume/volatility undadu..

1 minute ago, hydusguy said:

this is the time to take atleast 20% of portfolio.. once everyone goes to office.. intha volume/volatility undadu..

true..many like me are trading purely out of boredom

Depends on how much ur investing and how much loss u can tolerate. 
U need to control ur emotions in day trading which is tough. 
and u cannot make money every day. Konni rojulu loss kooda vuntadhi. 
Always have stop loss but sometimes even stop loss cannot protect(stock trading hault ayyi re-open thakkuva price ki open avuthey).

Biggest issue with day trading endi antey stop loss execute ayyaka price peragadam and then we act foolish and expect it to happen every time and may stop putting stop loss

4 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Better trade under professional guidance. In that way you will have stop loss. Statistics say that  approx 78% of  traders loose money in day trades.

It will be close 90% as few ppl don’t disclose 

On 2/27/2021 at 2:26 PM, chittiR said:

start small.. Invest like 2k into your robinhood and get your feet wet before day trading..

I have been day trading over 2 years now, and one thing you need is discipline and keep your emotions in control..

And remember one important thing in day trading.. risk reward, it should always be >= 2:1.. i.e. lets say you are trading $AAPL for a 2% return for a $10000 trade which is around $200. Your stop loss should be 1% i.e. $100. Once stop loss is hit, get away from trade, don't stick to the trade thinking the stock would reverse, it will force you to be a swing trader.. And this messes up your mind. And not every trade will fetch 2:1 risk reward.

You have 3 day trades in 5 days.. So write a journal about what your strategies are and what your max loss in a trade can be.. This will help you a lot..

And always trade blue chip or mid cap size stocks.. (I would strongly recommend you to trade $SPY for couple of weeks, since this is less volatile, the range on any day should be ~1%) Stay away from penny stocks and options trading.

I would say start with paper money with Ameritrade.. don’t even try with 2k.. 

12 hours ago, TechAdvice said:

I would say start with paper money with Ameritrade.. don’t even try with 2k.. 

definitely worth trying, but you wont be serious as you are with real money..

11 hours ago, mettastar said:

Swing trading best .. day trading ante fischal chethulo pattukoni kusovali

with current volatile market, I wouldn't do swing trading.. Day trading with proper discipline is better imho..

11 hours ago, mettastar said:

Swing trading best .. day trading ante fischal chethulo pattukoni kusovali

Swing trading is way more riskier then regular trading...