Philosophy Thread....

dasari4kntr

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

ok..i will read about Albert Camus...

thanks...

Yeah read about his The Stranger which details his philosophy of Absurdism and The Plague which is very apt for this covid filled world today

I also love a podcast where they discuss Camus vs Sartre on Philosophize this

1 minute ago, zarathustra said:

Yeah read about his The Stranger which details his philosophy of Absurdism and The Plague which is very apt for this covid filled world today

I also love a podcast where they discuss Camus vs Sartre on Philosophize this

podcast link vunte post cheyyi...

last time ... you mentioned... "Philosophize this"...but in overcast podcast player i got plenty of results... cant identify which one it is....

20 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

podcast link vunte post cheyyi...

last time ... you mentioned... "Philosophize this"...but in overcast podcast player i got plenty of results... cant identify which one it is....

https://thepanpsycast.com/panpsycast2

Check this one out too bro, the latest one talks about Hinduism from a Western perspective. 

• Upvote 1

since yesterday...its bugging me...

as per the SHIP OF THESEUS philosophy... if we substitute any religion in the place of ship...

and the original planks or parts (as essence and meaning of religion) of the ship...with the new replaced parts (like rituals, customs..)

then..every religion also end up to find its own identity...

On 2/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, Somedude said:

Modern times lo - the best

The Conspiracy against the Human Race - Thomas Ligotti

Better Never To Have Been - David Benatar

Alex O'connor podcasts - He is young chap running channel in the name of CosmicSkeptic. He is vegan. I was blown away by his in-depth analysis. He will be definitely recoginized as world's best philosopher in modern times. In my opinion, he is  Newton/Einstein of philosophy.

Old timers -

Writings of Arthur Schopenhauer, Friedrich Nietzsche and Buddha.

i saw one youtube video yesterday...about this book...

definitely going read or listen it...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dasari4kntr said:

i saw one youtube video yesterday...about this book...

definitely going read or listen it...

Enter into the world of philosophy of pessimism. I wouldn't reccomend philosophy of nihilism or pessimism to people who are married and have kids. Its difficult to unlearn these things once you learn. One will be left with depression and existential crisis after learning.

58 minutes ago, Somedude said:

Enter into the world of philosophy of pessimism. I wouldn't reccomend philosophy of nihilism or pessimism to people who are married and have kids. Its difficult to unlearn these things once you learn. One will be left with depression and existential crisis after learning.

agree..not for everybody...

but this knowledge is needed to understand the reality, existence, conscious...etc and most importantly...blind faith...

• Like 1