Half nikker niranjan idhar avvo

SirRavindraJadeja

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Absolute numbers mean Jackshit when they have much bigger population . 

Look at the state of urban infrastructure , Chennai barely has water 3 hrs a day . While overall development is good compared to many states but they still don't have focus on urban infra 

what else matters then? handwaving about 'welfare policies'?

TN has only about 50lakhs more people than Guj. and has close to 60,000crores more revenue for the govt.  But strangely when it comes to per capita gdp or some such sh1t, suddenly Guj becomes the top state. how come annayya.

Chennai's lack of water is an issue of its geographic location (among others), with no water source nearby. Do Guj cities have running water 24/7? 

which city in India has 24/7 running water from the corporation.. please tell.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

what else matters then? handwaving about 'welfare policies'?

TN has only about 50lakhs more people than Guj. and has close to 60,000crores more revenue for the govt.  But strangely when it comes to per capita gdp or some such sh1t, suddenly Guj becomes the top state. how come annayya.

Chennai's lack of water is an issue of its geographic location (among others), with no water source nearby. Do Guj cities have running water 24/7? 

which city in India has 24/7 running water from the corporation.. please tell.

I doy necessarily disagree with you but don't quote the budget numbers for TN because most of the states over inflate their numbers unlike maharastra , gujarat who keep a realistic number .

Mumbai has 24/7 water supply in many areas 

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I doy necessarily disagree with you but don't quote the budget numbers for TN because most of the states over inflate their numbers unlike maharastra , gujarat who keep a realistic number .

Its not inflated. the actuals are pretty similar to the expected numbers. Guj still collects way lower revenue than TN.

4 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I don't think Chennai can ever provide 24/7 water to its residents. more than 50% people of what is considered Chennai lives outside the bounds of the corporation itself. The corporation cannot guarantee water even to half of Chennai.

I agree its a serious problem. AIADMK, especially Jayalalitha wasted too much time sucking up to people to build up an image. But there are no easy answers. Govt cannot magically provide the infra (especially limited in supply like water). 

TN is not concentrating its development only around Chennai. Karnataka, Telangana for instance has close to 50% of GDP emanating from its capital. TN has less than 25%.

Chennai does need creative solutions for its problems. but its true for all cities in India. Chennai lagging behind Hyd and Bengaluru is purely incidental. Both Hyd and Bengaluru were in the right place (real estate wise) at the right time. And Chennai was making other bets, like in the automobile sector. Chennai can turn it around anytime it wants to. Plus its not a competition anyway.

Just wanna say that Chennai lagging has nothing to do with welfare schemes (even in Jayalalitha regime), but due to centralizing administration. DMK will not make that silly mistake.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

is surat really that good? 

I mean looking at Human Indices of Gujarat makes me wanna puke. Its almost at Bihar UP level for malnutrition and child mortality etc. 

but looks like they build better cities than the south. hmm...

ps. Chennai can never compete with Hyd and Bengaluru... obviously never Mumbai, Delhi.

because that's not what its rulers envision for the city. 

It may change under DMK regime. But lets not pretend there's a perfect city in India. If there was, everyone would copy that model. What one corner of India can do, the rest easily can too.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Its not inflated. the actuals are pretty similar to the expected numbers. Guj still collects way lower revenue than TN.

Remove alcohol and you will see the numbers 😉

10 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

is surat really that good? 

I mean looking at Human Indices of Gujarat makes me wanna puke. Its almost at Bihar UP level for malnutrition and child mortality etc. 

but looks like they build better cities than the south. hmm...

It's good for capitalists and young people willing to work . Almost negligible welfare spending  , it has its downsides . 

For example AP spends 9000 crores per year to subsidize current but Gujarat barely spends 1000 cr per year and thus industries  have cheap power  since there is no cross subsidising .

That money is spent elsewhere by Gujarat govt

9 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

ps. Chennai can never compete with Hyd and Bengaluru... obviously never Mumbai, Delhi.

because that's not what its rulers envision for the city. 

It may change under DMK regime. But lets not pretend there's a perfect city in India. If there was, everyone would copy that model. What one corner of India can do, the rest easily can too.

How many cities in India had their encroachments removed from main roads ?  municipal codes are enforced ? How many cities got rid of illegal temples , churches , mosques ? 

Ahmedabad , surat , vadodara were successful in that regard , now tell me which other Indian cities were successful in that ? 

15 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Remove alcohol and you will see the numbers 😉

that's 33k crores. which includes excise duty of about 8000cr. 

without tasmac revenue,

TN - 8% more populated than Guj

TN - 12% more state govt revenue than Guj (even excluding alcohol excise duty, because Guj is a piece of sh1t state govt that pretends to have banned alcohol) 

But comparison with Karnataka will show up TamilNadu as much poorer than KA. sure.

but Karnataka has worse indices for human development than TamilNadu

8 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

It's good for capitalists and young people willing to work . Almost negligible welfare spending  , it has its downsides . 

For example AP spends 9000 crores per year to subsidize current but Gujarat barely spends 1000 cr per year and thus industries  have cheap power  since there is no cross subsidising .

That money is spent elsewhere by Gujarat govt

the 'downsides' you so casually mention is way more children dying before reaching the age 5... and those who manage to survive, survive on very less.

Its good to aim for these indices as a govt (at a min) than to provide red carpet for young people and capitalists at the expense of the poor.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

the 'downsides' you so casually mention is way more children dying before reaching the age 5... and those who manage to survive, survive on very less.

Its good to aim for these indices as a govt (at a min) than to provide red carpet for young people and capitalists at the expense of the poor.

Thats mostly due to their disregard for the low caste people not because of lack of funds . They don't have the political will 

6 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

How many cities in India had their encroachments removed from main roads ?  municipal codes are enforced ? How many cities got rid of illegal temples , churches , mosques ? 

Ahmedabad , surat , vadodara were successful in that regard , now tell me which other Indian cities were successful in that ? 

I've not been to Hyd. But what are those 'encroachments' on main roads in Chennai? There are a few random small temples that spring up in streets of vadapalani or kodambakkam etc, but most times these temples existed before the residential area came around it and people didn't destroy.

anyway you are more interested in bureaucratic solutions to problems in cities.. Chennai conducted clearing of platform shops in Parrys and T Nagar as far as I know. I don't agree with these kinds of stupid drives that hurt the smalest vendors.

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Thats mostly due to their disregard for the low caste people not because of lack of funds . They don't have the political will 

I think you and I are coming at this from a different place.

but I always love people from Chennai. good luck to you too.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I've not been to Hyd. But what are those 'encroachments' on main roads in Chennai? There are a few random small temples that spring up in streets of vadapalani or kodambakkam etc, but most times these temples existed before the residential area came around it and people didn't destroy.

anyway you are more interested in bureaucratic solutions to problems in cities.. Chennai conducted clearing of platform shops in Parrys and T Nagar as far as I know. I don't agree with these kinds of stupid drives that hurt the smalest vendors.

Ever been to north Chennai ? 🙄 . So Chennai is not the only city in TN. 

Except Coimbatore all other cities are encroached upon particularly madurai .  govt itself is encoraching lakes