Do veggie eaters in India still throw up if they see/smell meat?

Raven_Rayes

I don't eat meat, but I used to when I was a kid, occasionally

and many of my cousins haven't ever eaten meat since they were born. They used to throw up when meat was around, and mom never cooked meat when they came. fine.

but after they grew up, they were fine with sharing dinners with meat eaters. the same cousins. And one cousin actually cooks meat for his kid, even though he doesn't eat it.

are there people who still throw up at the thought of sharing a microwave or an utensil in which meat is cooked?

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

@Amrita do you throw up if a friend of yours invited you to dinner and had meat on her plate? but not on yours.

would you consider it disrespectful?

Nope . All my friends are non vegetarians . They don’t even eat vegetarian by mistake . I often don’t have people to even share starters . I am fine as long as they don’t serve on my plate and force me to eat . 

Just now, Amrita said:

Nope . All my friends are non vegetarians . They don’t even eat vegetarian by mistake . I often don’t have people to even share starters . I am fine as long as they don’t serve on my plate and force me to eat . 

cool. that's what I was wondering. I haven't met anyone who objected to meat being served in a group.

except one time in a kid's b'day party, when a parent enquired if meat would be served. she didn't want her kid to consume meat. which is fine.

but India is weird.  people go out of their way to please veggie eaters. even justifying segregation based on eating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

cool. that's what I was wondering. I haven't met anyone who objected to meat being served in a group.

except one time in a kid's b'day party, when a parent enquired if meat would be served. she didn't want her kid to consume meat. which is fine.

but India is weird.  people go out of their way to please veggie eaters. even justifying segregation based on eating.

My parents are uncomfortable eating in veg / non vegetarian restaurants . They adjust though with their colleagues . Family to velthe big no no . Social circle undali ante konni light tesukovali and need to respect others preferences. No big deal actually .

23 minutes ago, pisinari said:

arei intha hatred entra asala? endhuku ra ee erri poo threads?

arei nee brain entra intha khaali undhi ?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I remember a controversy that happened a few years ago at the Hindu news paper canteen regarding this issue. 

11 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

I remember a controversy that happened a few years ago at the Hindu news paper canteen regarding this issue. 

Yes. this country cannot even stand others food but wants to be seen as modern super power.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yes. this country cannot even stand others food but wants to be seen as modern super power.

Adi country ani generalize cheyyakarledu le it's perhaps something to do with that particular newspaper organization. Anyway enough controversy had been created which then made them re-evaluate that stance of theirs. 

24 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

yep.

I don't throw up but I am not comfortable with certain smells. Like when my roomie used to fry eggs early morning, nak unpleasant anipichedi. Adi okate nak asal alavatu kaaledu.  Also strong fish market smell unpleasant anipistadi. But sharing table with someone who eats meat, I never had an issue.

But I hate strong north indian masalas/curry smell, frying oil smells etc...like roadside bandi meeda frying oil smells give me nausea.  Irrespective of veg or non vegetarian. Gastric juices stir up and I feel like killing myself. So I don't usually eat a lot of Indian food from outside.  Home cooked aite ok somewhat. 

There is a huge list of smells that make me throw up. I'm very sensitive to smells. So I think I have a problem with my nose more like...lol