Do veggie eaters in India still throw up if they see/smell meat?

Raven_Rayes

32 minutes ago, Ellen said:

There is a huge list of smells that make me throw up. I'm very sensitive to smells. So I think I have a problem with my nose more like...lol 

good job 

99.9999 percent of world population generally have no problems with non-veg smells and vast majority actually enjoy it. If people in india are  having problem then the cause is their caste not their noses.

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

99.9999 percent of world population generally have no problems with non-veg smells and vast majority actually enjoy it. If people in india are  having problem then the cause is their caste not their noses.

Monna epudo two veedhila avtala evado talakamasinodu tyres burn chestunde. Neighbors ni kuda adiga meek smell ostunda ee unpleasant di ani. Vallu maak ravatledu emi annaru. Nak Chala unpleasant anipichi I drove around to check ... Turns out one idiot threw some rubber stuff into his barbeque fire and some neighbors also complained as it is illegal and police showed up. 

44 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I don't throw up but I am not comfortable with certain smells. Like when my roomie used to fry eggs early morning, nak unpleasant anipichedi. Adi okate nak asal alavatu kaaledu.  Also strong fish market smell unpleasant anipistadi. But sharing table with someone who eats meat, I never had an issue.

But I hate strong north indian masalas/curry smell, frying oil smells etc...like roadside bandi meeda frying oil smells give me nausea.  Irrespective of veg or non vegetarian. Gastric juices stir up and I feel like killing myself. So I don't usually eat a lot of Indian food from outside.  Home cooked aite ok somewhat. 

my cousins are like this too.

but since I grew up in an area which had a dried fish market, I actually love the smell, but won't eat much. even as a kid, I hardly ate meat. Now, not at all.

but I love the fcukin smell. especially dried fish. lot of people from outside our area throw up when they enter the area.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellen said:

Monna epudo two veedhila avtala evado talakamasinodu tyres burn chestunde. Neighbors ni kuda adiga meek smell ostunda ee unpleasant di ani. Vallu maak ravatledu emi annaru. Nak Chala unpleasant anipichi I drove around to check ... Turns out one idiot threw some rubber stuff into his barbeque fire and some neighbors also complained as it is illegal and police showed up. 

hey, naaku kooda strong sense of smell undhi. I can smell stuff that others often miss.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

my cousins are like this too.

but since I grew up in an area which had a dried fish market, I actually love the smell, but won't eat much. even as a kid, I hardly ate meat. Now, not at all.

but I love the fcukin smell. especially dried fish. lot of people from outside our area throw up when they enter the area.

I think it's just a matter of getting used to. Alavatu leka + my nose is Uber sensitive... 

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

hey, naaku kooda strong sense of smell undhi. I can smell stuff that others often miss.

Omg...nak headaches kuda vastai... especially when they spray insecticide or fertilizer for roadside lawns. Spring starting time is very unpleasant for me with pesticides/ manure everywhere... Ahh smell somehow registers in my nose and I even smell them in sleep. 

2 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I wasn't talking about you . I also have a sensitive nose - When i used to take my mother i used to point out in which street what flowers they are selling from quiet some distance even when street is out of vision. in fact i cant stand any cooking smells in house - i insist and keep it very clean of smells within half an hour of cooking is done.

but i was talking about this exclusive complains only about "non-veg" smells.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellen said:

I think it's just a matter of getting used to. Alavatu leka + my nose is Uber sensitive... 

I should take you to the place I was born. hehe.. its extremely popular in Madras for being the most low class area. It was where the movie 'Madras' was filmed. The market is about 2kms from that exact place.

my cousins didn't even come to visit us, until we moved to central chennai.

ofcourse there are plenty of brahmins in our locality who also love that smell. Its our pride.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I wasn't talking about you . I also have a sensitive nose - When i used to take my mother i used to point out in which street what flowers they are selling from quiet some distance even when street is out of vision. in fact i cant stand any cooking smells in house - i insist and keep it very clean of smells within half an hour of cooking is done.

Cooking smells nakkuda ...I have a very elaborate list..nonveg lo only fried egg smell  + masala cooking....toh problem ani complain chesa nen kani. Honestly anything fried I get nausea.. I'm fry phobic. Oil smell yuckkkkkkk ... My mom said she had developed oil allergy when she was pregnant with me.. probably why I loathe frying oil or butter smells. Ma intlo sankranti ki sakinalu chesinapudu my dad used to drop me in my uncle's house ..for three days ate inka 

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

It takes some getting used to.

like my cousins who couldn't stand eating meat in the same table when they were 10-15yrs old, are now cooking meat in their homes, because their kids want to eat meat. even though they won't eat meat.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

like my cousins who couldn't stand eating meat in the same table when they were 10-15yrs old, are now cooking meat in their homes, because their kids want to eat meat. even though they won't eat meat.

Ya alavatu leka anthe..it's just a different smell from the ones they are used to.... Okati rendu sarlu alavataite u grow immune. 

10 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Tbh this is everywhere. I've seen many white people don't share their homes with indians ..atleast impose a restriction of no cooking in the house as they cannot tolerate the Indian curry smell. It comes of racist etc. But there are some others who absolutely love Indian food and don't have an issue with the cooking and all.

9 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Tbh this is everywhere. I've seen many white people don't share their homes with indians ..atleast impose a restriction of no cooking in the house as they cannot tolerate the Indian curry smell. It comes of racist etc. But there are some others who absolutely love Indian food and don't have an issue with the cooking and all.

But it is racist. not sharing homes is fine, but refusing to rent to Indians because of curry smell is def racist.

It is casteist when brahmins do it back in India too.

It is what encourages segregation of people into their own bubbles.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

But it is racist. not sharing homes is fine, but refusing to rent to Indians because of curry smell is def racist.

It is casteist when brahmins do it back in India too.

It is what encourages segregation of people into their own bubbles.

Absolutely. I'm not justifying that at all. I gave the example to explain the concept of discomfort with unfamiliar smells is not just restricted to one particular caste ani. But in no way they shud deny  something or discriminate someone solely based on their eating habits  period! 

What I find hypocritical though is people eating one living thing discriminate others because they eat a different living thing. For example nonvegetarians  criticizing Chinese eating habits... or indians hating beef eaters .. From a vegan perspective every meat eater appears the same and it doesn't make sense why one is criticizing the others.