Topics comparing Hindu gurus to christian pastors, preachers

Prasadgeek33

Just now, NiranjanGaaru said:

Rey panodu (pujari) bapan aithe entahe 

Owner (god) pedda caste kadha

gaadidhi guddule - panodanta. Nee needa padithene edho apacharam anattu feel avuthaadu. All this is your justifications without reflecting reality. it is best to end the whole caste system. you can keep gods - i never said stop worshipping gods.

but end caste system - whats your plan on that.

41 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

nuvvu koodha adhe chesthav. caste antene hinduism. except you are not going one step deeper.

46 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

nobody is recommending here to convert. So first you need to reduce your panic. If christianity is being falsely marketed - what about hinduism with its bhajans, political support form bjp/rss/ etc ? is it also not being marketed as something which it clearly is not.

It is not about conversions. It is about your efforts to constantly show Christianity as better than Hinduism.

Who markets hinduism, except a few babas. That too they dont convert just spread yoga, spirituality etc. Christianity has a huge network and infrastructure unparalleled across any religion. Church officially has conversion goals etc. 

How many churches were built in AP and TS in last 25 years. Thousands. 

Even christians are split by caste. Our telugu christians dont even understand christianity or what kind of Christianity they are following. 

This about you comparing hindu babas with Teresa. Teresa was a soul vulture and a even used dictators to spread christianity.

11 minutes ago, Prasadgeek33 said:

It is not about conversions. It is about your efforts to constantly show Christianity as better than Hinduism.

Who markets hinduism, except a few babas. That too they dont convert just spread yoga, spirituality etc. Christianity has a huge network and infrastructure unparalleled across any religion. Church officially has conversion goals etc. 

How many churches were built in AP and TS in last 25 years. Thousands. 

Even christians are split by caste. Our telugu christians dont even understand christianity or what kind of Christianity they are following. 

This about you comparing hindu babas with Teresa. Teresa was a soul vulture and a even used dictators to spread christianity.

Your problem is you are too terrified of conversion. In reality it is not happening at any big scale and even if it happens its impact on culture is minimal. Jagga is christian - but no hindu reddy disowns him. Jagga still speaks telugu and he is just like any hindu telugu person.

Once you cure yourself of  that paronia then you can see things for what they actually are.

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Your problem is you are too terrified of conversion. In reality it is not happening at any big scale and even if it happens its impact on culture is minimal. Jagga is christian - but no hindu reddy disowns him. Jagga still speaks telugu and he is just like any hindu telugu person.

Once you cure yourself of  that paronia then you can see things for what they actually are.

"Conversions are not happening"  what q joke. at least 30% of AP population has been converted. 

Cultural impact will come slowly. For ex: Mexican populace was converted to catholicism long time back. But still local customs endure. Now they have catholic customs mixed with local customs. They will slowly imbibe christian values.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Prasadgeek33 said:

"Conversions are not happening"  what q joke. at least 30% of AP population has been converted. 

Cultural impact will come slowly. For ex: Mexican populace was converted to catholicism long time back. But still local customs endure. Now they have catholic customs mixed with local customs. They will slowly imbibe christian values.

kompelemi munigipov. Mexicans are still mexicans like germans are still germans, french are stil french even after converting to christianity.

Focus on so called hinduism and the disrespect it has shown to its followers. Most bahujans in Telugu land never even were allowed to have a religion. Just put at an arms length and taken cash from them in temples. Never allowed to be priests.

9 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

kompelemi munigipov. Mexicans are still mexicans like germans are still germans, french are stil french even after converting to christianity.

Focus on so called hinduism and the disrespect it has shown to its followers. Most bahujans in Telugu land never even were allowed to have a religion. Just put at an arms length and taken cash from them in temples. Never allowed to be priests.

Mexicans are Mexicans … only that being a Mexican has now changed to being a cheap version of a Spainard where no one dares to live in a crime infested country and run to other countries. 

2 minutes ago, anna_gari_maata said:

Mexicans are Mexicans … only that being a Mexican has now changed to being a cheap version of a Spainard where no one dares to live in a crime infested country and run to other countries. 

Mexico per capita income $8500, india per capita income less than $2000. 

An indian saying others want to run away from their countries @3$%

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Mexico per capita income $8500, india per capita income less than $2000. 

An indian saying others want to run away from their countries @3$%

Gotta accept probably reservations changed some things too..

Just now, anna_gari_maata said:

Gotta accept probably reservations changed some things too..

yes - 100 percent reservations to brahmins in priests gatra screwed the society. Time to end caste.

33 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Siru, if priests and castes are the only issue. Did converting to christianity remove castes. Kammas and reddy converts dont go to churches where SC/ST's go. Upper caste churches are seperate from lower caste churches

Brahmins in Telugu lands are now one of the poorer sections. They were never that rich or powerful in Telugu lands. 

Rural temples like poleramma, savalamma dont even have brahmin priests. 

I have no great love for brahmins but christianity has no link or roots in our lands. It is a abhrahamic cult. 

What great love did christianity give to any convert whether mexicans or Germans . Religion is about belief. Forcefully converting through deceit, money etc just destroys local religions and customs and makes us Aliens in our own lands. Converting to an Atheist is better than converting to Christianity.

Germans lost all local customs to christianity. Same with French. As i said christianity will destroy local customs slowly and slowly. Older converts like french, Geramns etc are now not even believing in christianity anymore.  Most of western Europeans are moving to Atheism.

@Prasadgeek33 you complain that poor people slowly adopt to christian values.

what do you do ? dont you wear pant/shirt and adopt chrisitian dress ?

dont you adopt english language to get visa from usa ?

dont you drink from cups and eat with spoon/fork ?

then why kolaveri if people poorer than you also decide to adopt what they want ?

I am not sure if I'd make any sense here. But, let me tell u what I heard from my great grandma when I was in 6th grade. One day a man came to our home in our village vachadu from sc colony, kinda koorchunnadu and then my taata asked him how his family was doin. He said that they are fine and all. I thought  might be they used to work for us. Then after he left these musali started creating ruckus at home yelling at my granddad why he let him in and talked to him. Then I realised that even that man's surname was same as ours. tarvaata nenu baaga batimilaadaga tittina tittu tittakundaa slow ga cheppindi. maa musalidi chinnaga vunnapudu vinna story cheppindi. aa man's family ni once upon a time veli vesaru anta, because of some reasons even she doesn't know. Then she said, appatike veli veyabadina vaallu oka 2 families ee oori avatala vunde vaallu. veellu kooda vaallatho join aipoyaru ani

Funny thing is, it wasn't a religious decision. it was just a social justice those days. and what I heard from her, most of these people were once from higher castes infact varnas. So, veli veyabadina conditions aameku kooda sariga gurtu ledu. But, what she said was we are not supposed to even talk to them and not let them into the village ani. Temple kooda village lo ne vundadam valana they were not allowed to. Appudu ardham aindi, atanu vunnanta sepu enduku bayataku raledu ani. lekapote eppudoo karra pattukuni aa kaakulni, ee kollani tarumutaa vundedi vunna chota vundakundaa.

So, this untouchability religious param ga start avvaledu. oka justice system lo start aindi. and intlo ke allow cheyaleni rojullo, temple lo ki ela allow chestaaru.. And I'm not saying it's good. It might have changed over time, but ee lope india lo chaala jarigipoyayi new invasions, new religions etc etc. And once upon a time some sect of people (believing in science) even were not allowed into church. later it slowly changed.

5 minutes ago, Prasadgeek33 said:

Siru, if priests and castes are the only issue. Did converting to christianity remove castes. Kammas and reddy converts dont go to churches where SC/ST's go. Upper caste churches are seperate from lower caste churches

Brahmins in Telugu lands are now one of the poorer sections. They were never that rich or powerful in Telugu lands. 

Rural temples like poleramma, savalamma dont even have brahmin priests. 

I have no great love for brahmins but christianity has no link or roots in our lands. It is a abhrahamic cult. 

What great love did christianity give to any convert whether mexicans or Germans . Religion is about belief. Forcefully converting through deceit, money etc just destroys local religions and customs and makes us Aliens in our own lands. Converting to an Atheist is better than converting to Christianity.

Germans lost all local customs to christianity. Same with French. As i said christianity will destroy local customs slowly and slowly. Older converts like french, Geramns etc are now not even believing in christianity anymore.  Most of western Europeans are moving to Atheism.

I am not saying christiantiy is a solution to problems. But i dont see it as a terrible calamity if someone converts. it really is no big deal. You complain being "alien" in your land forgetting that 90 percent of hindus were always treated as aliens and undesirables in their own temples. CHanging customs is not terrible thing - you yourself have done many like in my past post.

Highly recommend watch this guys. He says sorry for not explaining the underlying meaning of ancient texts all these centuries

2 hours ago, kfrockz said:

Highly recommend watch this guys. He says sorry for not explaining the underlying meaning of ancient texts all these centuries

Anybody can spin things and give whatever meaning they want. what matters is the reality on ground.