Lucid Air Gets EPA Range Rating of 520 Miles

tacobell fan

56 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

fast chargning network undha?

I don't think they can develop their own network at this stage , they will rely on US govt EV infra initiative and join the alliance of American car makers to develop  charging infra 

1 minute ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

I don't think they can develop their own network at this stage , they will rely on US govt EV infra initiative and join the alliance of American car makers to develop  charging infra 

this is why EV will be slow to take off. fast chargers are very expensive to build. pretty sure US and Canada gonna waste billions of dollars on a network that won't be used in a few years.

if the carmakers decide on a standard for fast charging, the cost will come down. doesn't look like that's happening.

19 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

this is why EV will be slow to take off. fast chargers are very expensive to build. pretty sure US and Canada gonna waste billions of dollars on a network that won't be used in a few years.

if the carmakers decide on a standard for fast charging, the cost will come down. doesn't look like that's happening.

China has standardized charging infra . 

US govt is also pushing all manufacturers to get a common standard but Tesla doesn't want to 

3 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

China has standardized charging infra . 

US govt is also pushing all manufacturers to get a common standard but Tesla doesn't want to 

I have no idea about all this. one, I would never drive. two, I think battery tech is wasted on cars (may be because I will never drive). and those ingenious engineered batteries are essentially useless outside a car. I mean they can't be replicated for power tools for eg. which is what I'm more interested in.

I want construction and warehouse robots. hehe. not lame cars that will never achieve full self driving, without completely removing people off the streets, and without street design being made completely car centric. Its urban hell for me.

I hope all electric cars go bust.

26 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I have no idea about all this. one, I would never drive. two, I think battery tech is wasted on cars (may be because I will never drive). and those ingenious engineered batteries are essentially useless outside a car. I mean they can't be replicated for power tools for eg. which is what I'm more interested in.

I want construction and warehouse robots. hehe. not lame cars that will never achieve full self driving, without completely removing people off the streets, and without street design being made completely car centric. Its urban hell for me.

I hope all electric cars go bust.

Some of the tech is making it to home solar storage , load balancing for remote grids , etc 

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Vaporware , I don't see it moving forward . I will be happy to be proven wrong 

enough of bs electric vehicles.

what about that Ola electric? how come they designed such a 3rd rate site for that launch.

I'm betting that Ola scooter will flop. They are doing silly diversity ads about having 10k women workforce in factories. wtf. first get that scooter out. lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

what about that Ola electric? how come they designed such a 3rd rate site for that launch.

I'm betting that Ola scooter will flop. They are doing silly diversity ads about having 10k women workforce in factories. wtf. first get that scooter out. lol

Ola Actually brought a working product and allegedly made improvements to it . They are building a huge plant too , so it's not total BS yet 

There is a lot of demand for electric vehicles because of modi tax on petrol andnhence they got like 300k advance sales first day .

They  have undercut competition by a large margin to drive up sales and create a huge buzz for upcoming IPO

Just now, Ryzen_renoir said:

Ola Actually brought a working product and allegedly made improvements to it . They are building a huge plant too , so it's not total BS yet 

There is a lot of demand for electric vehicles because of modi tax on petrol andnhence they got like 300k advance sales first day .

They  have undercut competition by a large margin to drive up sales and create a huge buzz for upcoming IPO

yeah its cool. I was just being facetious.

I'm impressed that they managed to pivot to this, and even if this flops, it'll create an ecosystem for the next one to repeat the experiment.

cool that India started to work on electric stuff. Tata has a lot of EVs, Hyundai has one.

EV cars are bad, but million times better than petrol/diesel.

2 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Ola Electric Scooters: ఒక్క రోజులోనే రూ.600కోట్ల విలువైన అమ్మకాలు!

నేటితో ముగియనున్న సేల్స్‌ గడువు

Ola Electric Scooters: ఒక్క రోజులోనే రూ.600కోట్ల విలువైన అమ్మకాలు!

దిల్లీ: పర్యావరణ హిత ప్రయాణంలో భాగంగా ఓలా సంస్థ తీసుకువచ్చిన ఎలక్ట్రిక్ స్కూటర్లకు భారత్‌లో భారీ స్పందన లభిస్తోంది. విద్యుత్తు స్కూటర్ల విక్రయాలు ప్రారంభించిన తొలి రోజునే రికార్డు స్థాయి అమ్మకాలు సొంతం చేసుకుంది. అమ్మకాలు మొదలుపెట్టిన బుధవారం ఒక్కనాడే రూ.600 కోట్ల విలువైన స్కూటర్లను అమ్మినట్లు సంస్థ వెల్లడించింది. వీటి అమ్మకాలను గురువారం అర్థరాత్రితో ముగిస్తామని ప్రకటించింది.

‘ఎలక్ట్రిక్‌ వాహనాలకు కట్టుబడిన భారత్‌.. పెట్రోల్‌ను తిరస్కరిస్తోంది! గరిష్ఠంగా సెకనుకు 4 స్కూటర్లను అమ్మాము. ఇలా ఒక్క రోజులోనే రూ.600కోట్ల విలువైన స్కూటర్లను విక్రయించాం. ఈ రోజు అర్థరాత్రితో అమ్మకాల ప్రక్రియ ముగుస్తుంది’ అని ఓలా సహవ్యవస్థాపకుడు భవీష్‌ అగర్వాల్‌ పేర్కొన్నారు. అమ్మకాలు మొదలుపెట్టిన తొలిరోజునే ఊహించని సంఖ్యలో బుకింగ్స్‌ వచ్చాయని అని అన్నారు. 2వీలర్‌ ఇండస్ట్రీలో అమ్మకాలకు ఈ విధమైన స్పందన రావడం గొప్పవిషయమని అభిప్రాయపడ్డారు. ఎస్‌1, ఎస్‌1 ప్రో స్కూటర్ల కోసం ముందస్తు బుకింగ్‌ చేసుకున్న వారికి నేటితో గడువు ముగుస్తుందని భవీష్‌ అగర్వాల్‌ వెల్లడించారు. అయితే, భారీ స్పందన ఉన్నప్పటికీ ఇప్పటివరకు ఎన్ని బుకింగ్స్‌ వచ్చేయనే విషయాన్ని మాత్రం సంస్థ వెల్లడించలేదు.

ఓలా స్కూటర్‌ ఎస్‌1, ఎస్ 1 ప్రో వేరియంట్లలో 10రంగుల్లో అందుబాటులో లభ్యం కానుంది. ఈ స్కూటర్ల కొనుగోలు ప్రక్రియను ఓలా యాప్‌లోనే పూర్తి చేయవచ్చు. ఇప్పటికే రూ. 499 చెల్లించి ముందస్తు బుకింగ్‌ చేసుకున్న వారికి ప్రాధాన్యం క్రమంలో విక్రయాలు చేస్తున్నారు. అయితే, డిమాండ్‌ నేపథ్యంలో ప్రస్తుతం రూ.20వేలు చెల్లించాలని.. మిగతా మొత్తం డెలివరీ సమయంలో చెల్లిస్తే సరిపోతుందని ఓలా సంస్థ వెల్లడించింది. అక్టోబ‌ర్‌ 22 నుంచి ఓలా ఎల‌క్ట్రిక్ స్కూట‌ర్ల డెలివ‌రీలు ప్రారంభ‌మ‌వుతాయి.

4 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Chpt has more percentage of having charging stations 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Yeah, that is a challenge, tesla is better in that regard of super charging network, half hour at the charger would be good for a week

Fyi 300 miles in 20 min charge for Lucid