what is the best book to introduce hinduism for a teenager (born and raised in america)

hunkyfunky2

Asking for my niece - 

Please suggest book that I can give as a gift - it should give unbiased intro to hinduism. I think asking her to read ramayana/ mahabharata / bhagvad gita is not the right idea. What you think?

Also needed for a school project....

<hinduism hates stay away>

@dasari4kntr 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Asking for my niece - 

Please suggest book that I can give as a gift - it should give unbiased intro to hinduism. I think asking her to read ramayana/ mahabharata / bhagvad gita is not the right idea. What you think? 

@dasari4kntr 

Manu smriti is a good place to start. Direct ga burka type viel veskovachu chakkaga

22 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Asking for my niece - 

@dasari4kntr 

They need to learn an objective version of Hinduism… not the old style do as I say version or the one that preaches customs and traditions that are ok at that time and no longer relevant.. 

41 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

They need to learn an objective version of Hinduism… not the old style do as I say version or the one that preaches customs and traditions that are ok at that time and no longer relevant.. 

👍

43 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

there is difference between actual Hinduism and current day Hinduism(politically motivated)…let him know the actual Hindu philosophy (eastern philosophy)

Let him know…following Hinduism means…not spitting venom on other religions…and never ever suggest vedas related books ( but upanishdas are must recommended)

book suggestions…below..

విశ్వదర్శనం భారతీయ చింతన - నండూరి రాంమోహన్‌రావు

A search in secret India - Paul brunton

వివేక చూడామణి - ఆది శంకరాచార్య

Ramana Maharishi books

jiddu krishnamoorthy books

Buddha/Jain books as well..to understand non Vedic philosophy…

Thanks bro.

She can't read Telugu,  a search in secret India wont ship before Jan 1st on Amazon. 

I want Hinduism books, not Buddha - encouraging her to do a project and want to use books as basis. 

Which upanishad books you recommend?

3 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Asking for my niece - 

@dasari4kntr 

No book first.

Take him on a 'temple run' for a couple of weeks and get him introduced. Once he sees enough, give him some vivekananda book or autobiography of a yogi.

good luck

38 minutes ago, Vallavan said:

No book first.

Take him on a 'temple run' for a couple of weeks and get him introduced. Once he sees enough, give him some vivekananda book or autobiography of a yogi.

good luck

asking for my niece ani first line lone rasaadu.. take him, get him, give him antaventi mama.. *her. 

There's no need to introduce hinduism. Are you crazy or what? Makes no sense.

If tou can't teach her your way of life, just stop pushing it through books. Let her discover it herself 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, huma said:

Consult @Telugodura456 and do exactly opposite of what he suggest then you become nice hindu.

If you can't even teach kids hinduism through stories orally, are you even Hindu? Lol. 

Malli hindu haters stay away anta. 

Meerantha enti pointless bragging batch. Atleast I don't care about religion and open about it. You care and you don't know how to pass it on. Lol

1 hour ago, Jatka Bandi said:

asking for my niece ani first line lone rasaadu.. take him, get him, give him antaventi mama.. *her. 

american born ane point ki connect ayya, replace him with her.

36 minutes ago, Forgive_Me said:

First nuvvu follow avvu bhayya, mee niece ku automatic ga ochesthesthadhi idea.

We can only tell so many stories.... They are book lovers, so I thought introducing good books is good idea.

@Raven_Rayes your comment shows your ignorance and zero lack of understanding about Hinduism or buddism. Yes, India is full of Hindus who don't know what it stands for. It doesn't mean everyone is like that