what is the best book to introduce hinduism for a teenager (born and raised in america)

hunkyfunky2

2 hours ago, Shameless said:

I would say better to gift a book on humanity than religion bhayya...religious things automatic ga intlo vaalla valla occheysthayi...

just my 2 cents though...

by the way I am a hindu too and will die a hindu...%$#$

religion ana gaane negative connotation is not needed, this was slowly done to make people confused running behind materialism and consumerism

one who cannot be proud of their religious identity cannot be proud of anything worthy

atheism is also a form of practice allowed within Hinduism itself

for the sceptics or anti hindu fundamentalists, they just need to create a sense of self loathing crisis for hindus, else these nothing negative in hinduism

29 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

If he/she want to live happily in the global arena and be a better citizen introduce books related to inclusive growth, philosophy, humanity, service

One cannot learn about hinduism by reading books, you can only learn by practice 

All religion books are based on total assumptions, kids definitely asks questions, if you are confident to clarify those then introduce.

Apart from self satisfaction to parents religious education doesn’t help.

hinduism does not conflict with anything global, Hindus as he most assimilated into any democratic cultures without creating any issues in the adopted land, can you say this as true for islam and christians

4 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

hinduism does not conflict with anything global, Hindus as he most assimilated into any democratic cultures without creating any issues in the adopted land, can you say this as true for islam and christians

Read my comment again … I said all religions and their books …

Ha what about fight between shivites and vaishnav, what about atrocities on upper cassette hindus on lower cassetteee hindus, why there was mass conversions to Buddhism in BC era and all kings adopted buddhism and after independence by ambedkar 

why buddism once flourished in south India vanished ? 

1 hour ago, neethy said:

Never Never refer to wikipedia, most of left pseudo liberals edit it to project negative angles.

Hawaii islands has a great hindu temple, if possible plan a visit with family. They publish great books for children.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/introduction-to-the-monastery.

Its in Kuwaii island. Beautiful scenery and landscape for visit also.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/readlearn/books

Very genuine and made for NRI kids.

Thanks!!! Agree about wiki..

1 minute ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

I've this..I think it's a bit overwhelming for teenager ...

does that guy has interest in these?

if it is yes, Then go with any book?

or he is a toddler go with panchatantram 

55 minutes ago, pakeer_saab said:

religion ana gaane negative connotation is not needed, this was slowly done to make people confused running behind materialism and consumerism

one who cannot be proud of their religious identity cannot be proud of anything worthy

atheism is also a form of practice allowed within Hinduism itself

for the sceptics or anti hindu fundamentalists, they just need to create a sense of self loathing crisis for hindus, else these nothing negative in hinduism

I didn't say anything negative about religion bhayya...I just said to start with humanity first and then religious teachings or whatever...I am not against religion and I am proud that I am a Hindu...but end of the day i prefer humanity over religion...%$#$ 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

This is for a school project also ... That's what started the whole conversation

oh ok...got it bro...oka 2 weeks back maa son ki kuda school lo Social Studies project to pick a country unde...lucky ga maaodu India pick chesindu....I felt proud though and had to do some research along with him learning about India...%$#$

1 hour ago, neethy said:

Never Never refer to wikipedia, most of left pseudo liberals edit it to project negative angles.

Hawaii islands has a great hindu temple, if possible plan a visit with family. They publish great books for children.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/view/introduction-to-the-monastery.

Its in Kuwaii island. Beautiful scenery and landscape for visit also.

https://www.himalayanacademy.com/readlearn/books

Very genuine and made for NRI kids.

Thanks again !!!

Added one more reason to visit Hawaii ! 

I started going to monasteries in USA and usually the experience is blissful...most are on hills and drive itself starts making  difference 

2 minutes ago, Shameless said:

oh ok...got it bro...oka 2 weeks back maa son ki kuda school lo Social Studies project to pick a country unde...lucky ga maaodu India pick chesindu....I felt proud though and had to do some research along with him learning about India...%$#$

Exactly... In general having kids follow some religion is better than nothing... especially for Indian kids in USA - they are confused, sometimes feel inferior and harmones effect - a virtual boundary that they create themselves after reading books/ religion is much needed IMHO.

1 hour ago, shamsher_007 said:

does that guy has interest in these?

if it is yes, Then go with any book?

or he is a toddler go with panchatantram 

Teenager means > 13 😄 

But I get it...I get those books for my son

2 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Thanks again !!!

Added one more reason to visit Hawaii ! 

I started going to monasteries in USA and usually the experience is blissful...most are on hills and drive itself starts making  difference 

I am not sure how many of us know Mount Soma and met Micheal Mama. (https://srisomesvara.org/).

You will not miss tirupathi if you go there, plan a visit and stay in cottages. good experience indeed

11 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

If you can't even teach kids hinduism through stories orally, are you even Hindu? Lol. 

Malli hindu haters stay away anta. 

Meerantha enti pointless bragging batch. Atleast I don't care about religion and open about it. You care and you don't know how to pass it on. Lol

Yes we are proud sanatana dharmis (in your language Hindus). Hinduism is not spread through violence or distribution of money. Hinduism is not a religion with benefits like other missionaries. Its love for the lord and its way of life. Meeku artham kaadu, you people are born to live like pigs and die like dogs.

1 minute ago, huma said:

Yes we are proud sanatana dharmis (in your language Hindus). Hinduism is not spread through violence or distribution of money. Hinduism is not a religion with benefits like other missionaries. Its love for the lord and its way of life. Meeku artham kaadu, you people are born to live like pigs and die like dogs.

Don't use this thread to fight...

I got some good books and websites / monasteries info from replies.

Keep it going