Dog 🐶 bite in usa

toranam

Hello,
Seeking advise on one of my friend's situation. One of my friend bit by two dogs on his both of the legs last week and seeking for advise how to handle the situation.

Incident:
He just stepped out of his home(Apartments) walking towards the Car and suddenly one of the neighbors' two dogs rushed towards him screaming loudly & bit both of his legs.
Both of the dogs were set free without any leash when this incident happened. One of his leg had deep punctured wound and other had severe bruises from the dog's bite.
He went to ER Room , was given immediate medication & doing fine now. This Incident was reported to Apartment leasing office , 
Police and Animal Control authorities and an incident was created on this.
He has following questions and seeking advise on the same. 
 - Who would be responsible for the medical expenses?
 - If dog's owner is responsible , what is the best way to reach out to them? Is it through Attorney or reach them directly(My friend has dog's owner details (name and phone number)?
 - If it is through Attorney , which type of Attorney to reach out & any references?

Please help. Thank you for your time 🙏

23 minutes ago, Katti_Ramdas said:

Sue the owner of dogs make him pay the expenses 

Dog insurance will pay the amount ... 

4 hours ago, DalchanChekka said:

How much expenses are we talking about here?

Yeah , the Dog owner is responsible for medical expenses , emotional distress 

PTSD about getting out of house without fear of animal biting 

3 counts probably around 10 k dollars depending on your medical expense

If your neighbor is your friend , just medical expense 

if not all the above 

I will appoint a lawyer and pay for your mental  trauma ... just google nearby attornies and find how much they can get for dog bites ... dobt bite mark on the bidy will be trophy for his life so he can sue it ...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, toranam said:

Hello,
Seeking advise on one of my friend's situation. One of my friend bit by two dogs on his both of the legs last week and seeking for advise how to handle the situation.

Incident:
He just stepped out of his home(Apartments) walking towards the Car and suddenly one of the neighbors' two dogs rushed towards him screaming loudly & bit both of his legs.
Both of the dogs were set free without any leash when this incident happened. One of his leg had deep punctured wound and other had severe bruises from the dog's bite.
He went to ER Room , was given immediate medication & doing fine now. This Incident was reported to Apartment leasing office , 
Police and Animal Control authorities and an incident was created on this.
He has following questions and seeking advise on the same. 
 - Who would be responsible for the medical expenses?
 - If dog's owner is responsible , what is the best way to reach out to them? Is it through Attorney or reach them directly(My friend has dog's owner details (name and phone number)?
 - If it is through Attorney , which type of Attorney to reach out & any references?

Please help. Thank you for your time 🙏

He can contact a personal injury lawyer bro, initial consultation free untundi so he can hire one based on his needs and what he feels as part of the initial consultation. 

I think the dog owner should be prevented from having any more dogs, these type of aggressive dogs become aggressive not because of their own fault it's the owner's fault. Kukka anedi pedda responsibility it's like raising a kid so they need love, attention and proper discipline training. Both the dogs being aggressive is usually a sign of them being deprived of exercise, proper play time and attention. I know this won't happen but that owner is the one that should be held totally responsible and given some jail time. 

Unfortunately since this happened in such a serious injury to your friend both those dogs will mostly be put down and killed. If you don't mind can you tell me what breed those dogs are. 

13 hours ago, yemdoing said:

if dogs are aggressive  repeatedly then they will be put down... who knows those dogs might kill someone in future

Repeatedly avasaram ledu one incident like this and they will be put down

13 hours ago, argadorn said:

Denama ladies dogs ni chustahy half km andhuke urukutharu manam potu galla laga veltham edaian dog bite chestahy who is responsibke ... na inti kindha two agrresive dogs unayi

anni dogs ala em undavu le vayya most of the dogs in the US are very well behaved. I live in a community where there are plenty of dogs they are all very well behaved. I have also dealt with aggressive dogs in animal shelters and only one has ever bitten me, also because it was afraid of men as it was sexually abused when it was a little puppy. Over time she became very attached to me and has been nothing but loving towards me. 

Dogs aren't aggressive by default it's the fault of the dog owners, not talking about stray dogs. 

47 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

anni dogs ala em undavu le vayya most of the dogs in the US are very well behaved. I live in a community where there are plenty of dogs they are all very well behaved. I have also dealt with aggressive dogs in animal shelters and only one has ever bitten me, also because it was afraid of men as it was sexually abused when it was a little puppy. Over time she became very attached to me and has been nothing but loving towards me. 

Dogs aren't aggressive by default it's the fault of the dog owners, not talking about stray dogs. 

Anam Vivekananda Reddy Talking GIF - Anam Vivekananda Reddy Talking Wait -  Discover & Share GIFs