My personal experience with this year stock market

Lorry_Driver

1 hour ago, jalsa01 said:

Invest remaining 20% in etf's when there is a dip but not in stocks... unless its for short term to catch boom like Tesla.. 

I feel ur cousin is correct abt Tesla feels its a bubble gg to blast...

Thanks bro will do

1 hour ago, Vaampire said:

Ee bull market lo 9% ey up antey.. ur approach failed big time.

blind gaa apple lo pettina 30% increase undedhi..

this is the best year for me in terms of trading.. its multiple times greater than my previous best.

Nenu cheppindi ade kada bro, any ETF lo pettina 30% vachedi, plus peace of mind.

As experienced people say, you can never time the market. Couple of my big mistakes: bad entry point to PYPL, not selling ROKU at the peak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lorry_Driver said:

To take advantage of any big dips (only mega cap stocks). On a second thought going 100% ETF seems a better idea. If there is a big dip I can buy with cash if available or even margin.

Never try to time the market. How would you know that’s a dip and market/stock wouldn’t fall further? Just invest consistently and that will do. Time in market is important than timing the market. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just checked my portfolio  growth this year is 10% and I agree etf’s are safer bet for novice investors like me. 

my overall portfolio growth is 160% from the inception. 

however I’m hopeful the growth stocks I took position in will climb up in coming years.

8 hours ago, pichallah said:

Never try to time the market. How would you know that’s a dip and market/stock wouldn’t fall further? Just invest consistently and that will do. Time in market is important than timing the market. 

WhT is the stock keeps on falling? Aren’t you trying to catch a falling knife in that case?

3 minutes ago, nokia123 said:

WhT is the stock keeps on falling? Aren’t you trying to catch a falling knife in that case?

Yes, it could be either a value trap or a multi-bagger. It all depends on individuals risk appetite and asset allocation. 

• Upvote 1

Stock picking is an art - it is not easy. Irrepective of market behavior,picking is tough. 

Ivanni naa valla kaake nenu 75% ETF 25% picking. Picking kooda slim pickings. 

Recent kaalam lo my best pick ante SIMON mall. Worst pick BIIB. Edo atu itu tannukuntoo undi ante EXEL. 

9 hours ago, pichallah said:

Golden words. Never time the market!