Work in Startup with good salary and glassdoor reviews or established company with good job security

kiri_kiri

Hi DB peddalu, Need somehelp.

Recently got an offer from Cali based startup (100-200 in strength). H1 transfer Approved  for three years.

I am currently working in a large retail company . I have 7 plus total experience and i am single.

Anyways, I have to decide if i have to give 2 week notice to my current employer by tomm or stick with the same job. Please let me with your inputs.

Pros in startup :

Great pay. 33% > current.

Little bit of stock options included in TC too.

Great learning and problem solving opportunities.

Remote first company. I can go to India and work aswell

Manager was cool from what i spoke so far. Glassdoor reviews are superb. All positive.

Much Senior role as compared to my current role.

Drawbacks:

Job security. Can get fired any time .Had bad experience with a startup  earlier. 

Have to lose some freedom and might work extra hours.

Pros in current role:

work is good and learning is great.

FTE since last 1 yr. Know the system better.

already Asked my current manager for hike (somewhere middle ground istanu anaru)+ promotion. agreed to do in 6 months.

Good job security.

Drawbacks

1) There is some inflated roles in some teams and deflated in our team

I saw ppl with 3-4 yrs exp became senior level engg, But it isn't the case in my team. I am currently still at mid level. 

2) Just that i feel like i am falling a bit short to where i am supposed to be for my experience. Hurting my confidence a bit and it is impacting my work.

If you are young, work with any of the one which pays well.

if you are middle age , work where you find work life balance and which you feel secure.

DONT let these clients or companies to make you overtime and kill prime time of your age in your life if you are young, coz you can invest that time and energy in any of the business or other personal accomplishments outside 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

Recently got an offer from Cali based startup (100-200 in strength). H1 transfer Approved  for three years.

I am currently working in a large retail company . I have 7 plus total experience and i am single.

Anyways, I have to decide if i have to give 2 week notice to my current employer by tomm or stick with the same job. Please let me with your inputs.

Pros in startup :

Manager was cool from what i spoke so far. Glassdoor reviews are superb. All positive.

Drawbacks:

Job security. Can get fired any time .Had bad experience with a startup  earlier. 

Pros in current role:

already Asked my current manager for hike (somewhere middle ground istanu anaru)+ promotion. agreed to do in 2nd half of year.

Good job security.

Drawbacks

I saw ppl with 3-4 yrs exp became senior level engg, But it isn't the case in my team. I am currently still at mid level. 

2) Just that i feel like i am falling a bit short to where i am supposed to be for my experience. Hurting my confidence a bit and it is impacting my work.

Single gaadive ga… go and take a risk and work for startup man… 

7 minutes ago, LadiesTailor said:

Haha few things you can only do it when you are single and working for startup as a newbie is one of them baaa… 

They kill much of ur time when you have all time in the world and when you are most creative at that age

7 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

They kill much of ur time when you have all time in the world and when you are most creative at that age

That’s the point…. If you don’t have that much of time when you are single forget about it….. I’m sure most of our Indian immigrants doesn’t use their free time on anything else… so why not use it for startup and learn something new 

30 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

Pros in startup :

Drawbacks:

Pros in current role:

already Asked my current manager for hike (somewhere middle ground istanu anaru)+ promotion. agreed to do in 2nd half of year.

Good job security.

Drawbacks

do you have GC or H1B ?

10 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

30-35 lo una brothers. Single at the moment.

But status might change anytime soon. ah batch lo una.

Appudu unna job lone comfort ga untadi and manage cheyadam easy.. kotha job kotha lifestyle pelli ante adjust avvadam kastam ani na feeling

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, kiri_kiri said:

30-35 lo una brothers. Single at the moment.

But status might change anytime soon. ah batch lo una.

Stay in your current job. 

Grass is always greener on the other side

Just now, jalsa01 said:

Appudu unna job lone comfort ga untadi and manage cheyadam easy.. kotha job kotha lifestyle pelli ante adjust avvadam kastam ani na feeling

+11111