Newborn hearing test

m0nster

On 1/21/2022 at 7:17 PM, chingchang said:

no worries at al .. happened to my friends baby .. it happens for some babies due to water in ears ... It clears after few days 

Thanks for sharing 

On 1/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, m0nster said:

Thanks for sharing 

My new new born even failed twice initially, we were worried but pediatrician consoled that it would be fine as we don't have any family history and kid was startling for door bang sounds. We had ABR after 1 month and it is the worst day of our lives audiologist concluded that our kid has permanent hearing loss (SNHL) and no treatment for it other than hearing aids or cochlear implants. We are still in grieving phase and aided kid with hearing aids, kid is 3 months old now.

Hope your friends case is different, but ask him not to ignore audiologist appointments until they conclude she is fine.

Fyi, for hearing loss early intervention is the key for babies development. 

1 hour ago, killbillpandey123 said:

My new new born even failed twice initially, we were worried but pediatrician consoled that it would be fine as we don't have any family history and kid was startling for door bang sounds. We had ABR after 1 month and it is the worst day of our lives audiologist concluded that our kid has permanent hearing loss (SNHL) and no treatment for it other than hearing aids or cochlear implants. We are still in grieving phase and aided kid with hearing aids, kid is 3 months old now.

Hope your friends case is different, but ask him not to ignore audiologist appointments until they conclude she is fine.

Sorry to hear bro.hearing aids and implants to hearing 100% restore avutunda?Speech development ki emaina issues untaya?One of my friend's kid was also recently diagnosed with same issue

1 hour ago, killbillpandey123 said:

Sorry to hear bro ..  is it mild or medium ?  

6 hours ago, killbillpandey123 said:

Sorry to know, am sure the kid will be better soon . 

On 1/20/2022 at 5:51 PM, m0nster said:

Friend ki few weeks bag baby girl puttindhi. But before discharge  they did hearing screening 2 times but both of them failed anta. They referred her to audiologist and they god appointment after 2 months. He was so worrying about his daughter future. Avarikina ela jarigindha? What are the chances of possible hearing loss?

In laws should worry why frd

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, killbillpandey123 said:

Sorry to hear that bro. When did your kid failed hearing test? Right after birth or after few days? Also, I’m surprised how come your kid has hearing loss because you mentioned he is starting to sounds. Try testing one more time some where else and see.

Sure, I will ask my friend to go for audiologist appointment 

21 hours ago, m0nster said:

Sorry to hear that bro. When did your kid failed hearing test? Right after birth or after few days? Also, I’m surprised how come your kid has hearing loss because you mentioned he is starting to sounds. Try testing one more time some where else and see.

Sure, I will ask my friend to go for audiologist appointment 

They tested 2nd, 3rd day and after 30 days (ABR test it is 2 to 3hrs test), we did again twice for second opinion.

Hearing loss is complex, sound ranges from 100 hz to 20000 hz frequencies and normal hearing is 0 to 20 decibels in all those frequencies, any thing above 20 decibels in any frequencies is considered hearing loss, hearing loss ranges from mild to profound.

On 1/28/2022 at 4:22 PM, terminator_desi said:

Sorry to hear bro.hearing aids and implants to hearing 100% restore avutunda?Speech development ki emaina issues untaya?One of my friend's kid was also recently diagnosed with same issue

100% restore anta not sure. speech development is our concern too, not sure bro, no one gives straight answer for that question. How old is yours friends kid? what is the hearing loss range? did they enroll in early intervention, is kid aided? 

49 minutes ago, killbillpandey123 said:

They tested 2nd, 3rd day and after 30 days (ABR test it is 2 to 3hrs test), we did again twice for second opinion.

Hearing loss is complex, sound ranges from 100 hz to 20000 hz frequencies and normal hearing is 0 to 20 decibels in all those frequencies, any thing above 20 decibels in any frequencies is considered hearing loss, hearing loss ranges from mild to profound.

Oh got it. Don’t worry bro, everything will be alright and be strong.

My friends daughter failed 2 ABR tests (2nd & 3rd day) at hospital so referred to audiologist. But test chesina nurses told she was close to pass where she got 2.5 score out of 4 where they consider 3 as pass. Not sure how these scores work.

Also, friends daughter is startling to loud sounds ( cough, big laughs, bottle crush, big voices etc…) also opening ice if called gently while sleeping. So he was confident that his daughter is hearing. Is this something same with your kid too bro? I mean Hearing all these but failed test? Sorry to ask but trying to compare situations to see if my friend need to be concerned or not. Pediatrician told that most of the kids fail at hospital but they will be fine at audiologist ani so he is thinking to get more tests or not.

1 hour ago, m0nster said:

Oh got it. Don’t worry bro, everything will be alright and be strong.

My friends daughter failed 2 ABR tests (2nd & 3rd day) at hospital so referred to audiologist. But test chesina nurses told she was close to pass where she got 2.5 score out of 4 where they consider 3 as pass. Not sure how these scores work.

Also, friends daughter is startling to loud sounds ( cough, big laughs, bottle crush, big voices etc…) also opening ice if called gently while sleeping. So he was confident that his daughter is hearing. Is this something same with your kid too bro? I mean Hearing all these but failed test? Sorry to ask but trying to compare situations to see if my friend need to be concerned or not. Pediatrician told that most of the kids fail at hospital but they will be fine at audiologist ani so he is thinking to get more tests or not.

she should be fine I think but better check with audiologist, my kid used to wake up for cough and door bang sounds.

38 minutes ago, killbillpandey123 said:

she should be fine I think but better check with audiologist, my kid used to wake up for cough and door bang sounds.

Ok. Thanks for sharing.