Mee Triglyceride value entha undi ??

JAMBALHOT_RAJA

12 hours ago, JAMBALHOT_RAJA said:

I’ve gone through my annual physical exam, they did my blood work and got my results today and it is very concerning as they are very high 

Cholesterol - 251

Triglyceride - 621

Last year my results were 

Cholesterol - 245

Triglyceride - 370 

I’m an active person, I play tennis twice a week, eat rice only once a day but still my results were shocking to me. 

Doctor says he is seeing more of these cases since pandemic due to wfh and says change my diet and do more exercise. 

Do you guys know your cholesterol levels ?

()>> - >450 is pre-diabetic. consult primary care physician and ask for prescription.. i had about 250+ tri so doctor prescribed { crestor 20mg+CoQ10 50 mg } for 6+ months.. and now the levels are normal <180.. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, k2s said:

()>> - >450 is pre-diabetic. consult primary care physician and ask for prescription.. i had about 250+ tri so doctor prescribed { crestor 20mg+CoQ10 50 mg } for 6+ months.. and now the levels are normal <180.. 

cholesterol tablets prescribe chested physician, those kind of medicines are for 50+, even I was given cholesterol medicines,  I didn't take that. Just by making food changes, it worked.

@JAMBALHOT_RAJA bro max medicines avoid cheyi, make changes in food habits. Tappakunda cholesterol taggipotadi

naadhi high vundhi...last time i changed to olive oil and it helped. migathavi em change cheyyaledu.

looks like oil plays major role. olive oil gap iccha malli it went high. 

Now back to olive oil....have to see if it makes a diff the next time i get tested

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Original Profile said:

naadhi high vundhi...last time i changed to olive oil and it helped. migathavi em change cheyyaledu.

Now back to olive oil....have to see if it makes a diff the next time i get tested

ditto... exercise zero, changed to avocado oil it reduced my  cholesterol

12 hours ago, JAMBALHOT_RAJA said:

I’ve gone through my annual physical exam, they did my blood work and got my results today and it is very concerning as they are very high 

Cholesterol - 251

Triglyceride - 621

Last year my results were 

Cholesterol - 245

Triglyceride - 370 

I’m an active person, I play tennis twice a week, eat rice only once a day but still my results were shocking to me. 

Doctor says he is seeing more of these cases since pandemic due to wfh and says change my diet and do more exercise. 

Do you guys know your cholesterol levels ?

621 antey chaala high number bro ... My Cholesterol is 198 and Triglyceride 125... I used to be have 350 Triglyceride and 290 Cholesterol ....  eat less rice with more curry..  basically a balanced diet. Do you drink coffee ? If yes, switch to black .. cut down on sugars. Try doing treadmill 2-3 times a week, choose healthy fats , change oil to avacado or Peanut oil (make sure it is cold pressed). You can find 24 mantra organic peanut oil in indian stores or avacado oil in Costco .. If you drink alcohol, try limiting that as well ..Do you keep track of steps and active calories everyday ? if not, try getting  a fitbit or something to track and try to add more steps .. Try to at least walk for a minute or two every hour 

PCP usually will give you another appointment after 3 months to recheck .. try those and get blood tested again in few months. Good luck 

2 minutes ago, Original Profile said:

Olive oild high heat ki manchidi kadu bro .. Salad's and low heatings ki perfect adi .. Mana indian cooking and high heat cooking ki Avocado oil is the best. You can also switch to Cold pressed Peanut oil 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chingchang said:

Olive oild high heat ki manchidi kadu bro .. Salad's and low heatings ki perfect adi .. Mana indian cooking and high heat cooking ki Avocado oil is the best. You can also switch to Cold pressed Peanut oil 

ya nenu anthe anukune vadini kani ippudu chala mandhi cheyocchu antunnaru. 405F smoking point. anthakante heat chesthama? olive oil ee konchem over...avocado oil mari too expensive. ofcourse health kante ekkuva kaadu le

5 minutes ago, chingchang said:

Google cheppina maata

Don't use olive oil for frying, it can be used for shallow fry and to make curry where you don't needed to cook at high temperature

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Original Profile said:

ya nenu anthe anukune vadini kani ippudu chala mandhi cheyocchu antunnaru. 405F smoking point. anthakante heat chesthama? olive oil ee konchem over...avocado oil mari too expensive. ofcourse health kante ekkuva kaadu le

yup .. okasari chicken curry vandinappudu use a cooking  thermometer and check temperature inside chicken. It will go beyond 500F .. Avocado oil is expensive but it is worth it .. 

2 hours ago, pakeer_saab said:

not needed to ignore completely, rice is not the culprit, the ratio of rice to vegetables/fat is the key

1 rice : 2-3 portion curry with good fat can easily cut down the glycemic index, eat very less rice, rice is one the best foods to digest in grains without any allergies, one should learn to live with rice as it has been staple food since childhood

wheat comes with little less glycemic index than rice but comes with other potential allergy's due to gluten, so beware, 2-3 times a week is fine but not even meal

Yes bro we need to add more fiber to our diet. Fiber is the only gatekeeper which controls your digestive system. Eat more fiber which will keep you full for long time. This one way body will self heal after a period of time 

1 hour ago, TruthTruth said:

cholesterol tablets prescribe chested physician, those kind of medicines are for 50+, even I was given cholesterol medicines,  I didn't take that. Just by making food changes, it worked.

@JAMBALHOT_RAJA bro max medicines avoid cheyi, make changes in food habits. Tappakunda cholesterol taggipotadi

ya bro changed diet already, I don't want to use medicines for this, hopefully it will go down in next 3 months, thanks for sharing info this is helpful 

12 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

Ila sasthu bathike kante okasari nacchindhi tini saavadam better emo

adi ni istam brotheru healthy ga tinte rojuki okka half hr sastav (in ur language) istam vachinatu tinte after sometime rojuki 24hrs sastavu at home or in hospital spending lot of earned money.