H1b Location change - Amendment needed?

BabuDEVUDU

I moved to a new place, within the same state but 60 miles away from my old house. Not sure if I need to apply for amendment or not. Also in how many days can we apply for amendment? As it's been already 40 days since I moved and only today I came to know about this whole amendment thing. DB peddalu please help. Thanks in advance.

B. When Are Amended H1B Petitions Required To Be Filed?

Employers are required to file an amended or new H-1B petition if any H1B employee is going to be moved to a new work location outside of the metropolitan statistical area (MSA) or the ‘area of intended employment’ covered by the existing approved H1B petition.

1. If the H1B work location change occurs on or after August 19, 2015, the H1B amendment petition or new petition must be filed before the H1B change of address occurs.
  2. If the work location change occurred after April 9, 2015 and before August 19, 2015, an H1B amendment petition or new petition must be filed by January 15, 2016, otherwise, the employer and employee will be out of compliance.
  3. If the work location change occurred on or before April 9, 2015, the petitioner may decide whether or not an amendment should be filed by January 15, 2016. Any such petition will be timely, however, failure to file will not be a reason for USCIS to pursue revocation or a denial.

In all instances of H1B change of address after April 9, 2015, the H1B amendment petition is required even if a new LCA has already been certified and posted at the new work location in accordance with Department of Labor rules.

• Upvote 1

Bro.. you need to file for an amendment if the new place which is 60 miles away , is your work location.

Talk to your employer/attorney and get it filed ( if you need to , based on your MSA ) before it is too late 

• Upvote 1

It’s needed if your work location is old home address 

if you are working from a office and if you just moved to a new home then you don’t need to file amendment - you just need to inform uscis that you moved to a different address that’s it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BabuDEVUDU said:

I moved to a new place, within the same state but 60 miles away from my old house. Not sure if I need to apply for amendment or not. Also in how many days can we apply for amendment? As it's been already 40 days since I moved and only today I came to know about this whole amendment thing. DB peddalu please help. Thanks in advance.

iss i in msa?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It’s needed if your work location is old home address 

if you are working from a office and if you just moved to a new home then you don’t need to file amendment - you just need to inform uscis that you moved to a different address that’s it 

are you sure you need one if it is in same msa?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mirchi_bajji said:

are you sure you need one if it is in same msa?

It’s not needed if it’s under same MSA 

attonery will check and tell us 

• Upvote 1