Gold ornaments price in USA vs India

manamthoupule

I went to malabar gold and diamonds at Oak tree rd, NJ last week. Noticed prices are almost 35-40% higher on gold ornaments in USA compared to India. Why is that ? Gold price is actually less here compared to India. Is it making charges/import changes that are higher here ?

2 minutes ago, manamthoupule said:

But still prices are 30-40% lower in India compared to USA.

30 to 40% difference raadu unless you know someone selling without any taxes… 

ikkada  $10-$20 per gram untundi for ornaments… if gold price is $60/gm, you will end up paying $70 to $80 per gram depending on the size of the ornament.. 

below 10 grams aithe chala ekkuva untayi 

1 hour ago, manamthoupule said:

I went to malabar gold and diamonds at Oak tree rd, NJ last week. Noticed prices are almost 35-40% higher on gold ornaments in USA compared to India. Why is that ? Gold price is actually less here compared to India. Is it making charges/import changes that are higher here ?

Inthaki konnava Ledha?

1 hour ago, manamthoupule said:

Can you give example? 

12 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

Can you give example? 

If you compare a 10gm gold pendant in USA its around 900$ with taxes, in India it's around 54000Rs. I know both designs are not same but you can see the difference. If you check 4-5gm pendants price difference is more.

2 hours ago, manamthoupule said:

Last week brought some necklace . I did not find  much difference ( might be 10% more) not 40 % as you said .

Check in Joy alukkas 

28 minutes ago, jaathiratnalu said:

Last week brought some necklace . I did not find  much difference ( might be 10% more) not 40 % as you said .

Check in Joy alukkas 

Which store and where bro

30 minutes ago, SwamyRaRa said:

Which store and where bro

Bro .. Bargain in Joyalukkas also as much as you can .. he can come to 10% down . Which is worked out for me and top of it I feel that I paid 10% more 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jaathiratnalu said:

Bro .. Bargain in Joyalukkas also as much as you can .. he can come to 10% down . Which is worked out for me and top of it I feel that I paid 10% more 

Ok

11 hours ago, jaathiratnalu said:

Check in Joy alukkas 

@jaathiratnalu I found Joy alukkas is pricier than malabar at Oak tree road.