Ps1- golden age of Tamils anta

DesiPokiri

5 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

They all are different language speakers. i dont think all cholas are tamil. Vengi cholas were telugu speakers. Chola is like a title of king - not tamils necessarily.

These cholas.  .are mostly shaivaites and spread across South...... very long rule and intermarried chalukyas.... 

Mother tongue is Tamil ..,even though they speak different languages in diff parts.....when they ruled

8 hours ago, Shameless said:

Tamils paina oka thread and nowhere in these 3 pages I could find one comment of our very own Tamil bro @Raven_Rayes... thanu ekkada unna ikkadiki raavalsindhe..Brahmi Funny Walking.Gif GIF - Brahmi Funny Walking Funny Telugu GIFs

collective IQ of those in this thread that are claiming this and that about Tamils won't be even close to mine.

no need to engage with such dumbfcuks.

12 hours ago, dasari4kntr said:

not sure..but that book is very famous...mani ratnam is making that book as film...

there is no need of bahubali comparision...

as history lover..i welcome this movie...

if any one intereted in learning that story..in telugu...use this audio book..

https://www.dasubhashitam.com/ab-title/ab-ponniyin-selvan-1

611e98ca36430364a59fde9d_t-PS-1-Book.jpg

It is historical to the extent 'Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown is historical.

the narrative style is similar to Dan Brown's novel.

The writer takes a historical fact - a chola prince dies mysteriously before he's coronated, and spins a tale that hurtles into a potential disaster for the chola kingdom, to be finally saved by the eventual king - Ponniyin Selvan.

By renouncing his right for the throne.

4 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

It is historical to the extent 'Da Vinci Code' by Dan Brown is historical.

the narrative style is similar to Dan Brown's novel.

The writer takes a historical fact - a chola prince dies mysteriously before he's coronated, and spins a tale that hurtles into a potential disaster for the chola kingdom, to be finally saved by the eventual king - Ponniyin Selvan.

By renouncing his right for the throne.

I listened first part last year some time…

overall good..but some how i felt difficult to remember the character names and connections…(may be telugu writer who translated would have done better…)

i will resume the remaining parts…

48 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

overall good..but some how i felt difficult to remember the character names and connections…(may be telugu writer who translated would have done better…)

the novel is well written. but its a pulp novel, not a classic. It's supposed to be read in 4-5hrs.

the writer Kalki is obviously an Indian nationalist, who stumbled into writing this series. Its a 1000page Tamil glorifying novel. There's atleast a couple dozen places where one of the lead women in the story says that she doesn't want to get married to some far away prince coz she'll then miss the great Thanjavur and the Tamil people, and how Tamil people are the most civilized in the whole world. Better than the Kashmir Pandits in the north. lmao.

literal descriptions of the degradations of other societies outside of the chola kingdom, with particular venom saved for the Arabs. lmao.

the novel ended up being carried into the general public through plays and print comics by the dravidian parties, and shored up even more support for Tamil Nationalism. Kalki also wrote a very nationalist novel around the same time - Solamalai Ilavarasi, that no one even heard of.

a lot of Tamils (who didn't even bother to read PS) believe its their history. When its more like 5% fact, rest fiction.

49 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

the writer's Sivagamiyin Sabatham is also a very nice breezy story. But only if you are interested in historical fiction.

Its about the pallava - chalukya rivalry

59 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

The writing has a theatrical feel to it. Kalki must have written expecting it to be adapted to theatre.

No idea if Kalki ever wrote actual Tamil books that are classics. Coz I've never heard his name mentioned along with some of the greats in Tamil literature.

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

The writing has a theatrical feel to it. Kalki must have written expecting it to be adapted to theatre.

No idea if Kalki ever wrote actual Tamil books that are classics. Coz I've never heard his name mentioned along with some of the greats in Tamil literature.

Telugu writer is nagarajan krishnmurthi…not kalki…