North indians want to blend in and learn telugu around Hyderabad schools

Telugodura456

2 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

haha and this specimen berates perfectly english speaking indians in america as not being american enough.

For himslef he will ace toefl and gatra to be accepted in america but teaches kids here not to learn local languages or make it optiona.

I don't impose my views on others. Especially on my sister who already finds me intimidating to talk to. 

Anyway it was stopgap and they were in Bangalore for only a couple years. There was no point in wasting time to learn kannada since they're not coming back to India ever. 

Not just kannada, my nephew can't speak Telugu or Tamil or Hindi. And i exclusively speak to him only in English too. He can speak French and German though. 

Why learn these languages when there's no intention to ever live in India?

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

haha and this specimen berates perfectly english speaking indians in america as not being american enough.

For himslef he will ace toefl and gatra to be accepted in america but teaches kids here not to learn local languages or make it optiona.

I'm actually proud of my nephew's language skills in English. He's only 11. 

But he can't speak Telugu at all. Never spoke it in his life even though his parents are both Telugu and he spent the largest part of his childhood with me. More than with his parents.

And i never spoke to him in Telugu. Somehow it never even occurred to me to teach him Telugu. Lmao. 

It's entirely my fault that he can't speak Telugu. And it's amusing to me.

4 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't impose my views on others. Especially on my sister who already finds me intimidating to talk to. 

Anyway it was stopgap and they were in Bangalore for only a couple years. There was no point in wasting time to learn kannada since they're not coming back to India ever. 

Not just kannada, my nephew can't speak Telugu or Tamil or Hindi. And i exclusively speak to him only in English too. He can speak French and German though. 

Why learn these languages when there's intention to ever live in India?

Lol - at taking an extra rare exception - and arguing that as a "right".

Its far better that your jet setting cousin takes inconveninece of learning kannada then investing in hindi instruction in medak for handful of north indians.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

I'm actually proud of my nephew's language skills in English. He's only 11. 

But he can't speak Telugu at all. Never spoke it in his life even though his parents are both Telugu and he spent the largest part of his childhood with me. More than with his parents.

And i never spoke to him in Telugu. Somehow it never even occurred to me to teach him Telugu. Lmao. 

It's entirely my fault that he can't speak Telugu. And it's amusing to me.

hahaha ...ofcourse you are. A status conscious person like you is expected to be. its not that you are against lingustically organized societies but just disdain non-english ones.

3 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Lol - at taking an extra rare exception - and arguing that as a "right".

Its far better that your jet setting cousin takes inconveninece of learning kannada then investing in hindi instruction in medak for handful of north indians.

Nah. People always find ways around such stupid laws. 

We'll if it's really imposed stringently, then fine. Mostly it's won't be. 

And Hindi will always be taught all around India. Just like 'Chinese' is taught in China. Lmao 

Bte he didn't learn Hindi while in Bangalore. I think it was French. 

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Nah. People always find ways around such stupid laws. 

We'll if it's really imposed stringently, then fine. Mostly it's won't be. 

And Hindi will always be taught all around India. Just like 'Chinese' is taught in China. Lmao 

Bte he didn't learn Hindi while in Bangalore. I think it was French. 

its a stupid law to learn kannada in karnataka.? Will you tell your cousin not learn english to live in usa? - lmao.

hindi sucking , india worshipping. amrika visa craving - power worshipper - lmao.

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

hahaha ...ofcourse you are. A status conscious person like you is expected to be. its not that you are against lingustically organized societies but just disdain non-english ones.

I don't care. It's my job to make sure that he has a great life. 

Imposing languages that he won't even use on him is kinda pointless. 

Ofcourse he's never going to call himself a Telugu person. And he'll never be accepted as one anyway. So why bother?

2 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

its a stupid law to learn kannada in karnataka.? Will you tell your cousin not learn english to live in usa? - lmao.

hindi sucking , india worshipping. amrika visa craving - power worshipper - lmao.

Lmao. Okay. 

I myself didn't learn kannada and don't speak it. I have no intention of being in Bangalore too. 

Go give your lectures to those who still live in Bangalore and won't speak Kannada. 

I simply think it's a waste of time to learn it. Even if learning kannada is quite easy there's no need for me to. 

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Hindi will always be taught around India. Deal with it 

Surprising you are okay with Mandarin imposition in China, but are against Hindi imposition in India. Lmao 

As for me I don't care. Because Hindi is not actually imposed. Especially in the part of India where I'm from 

Hyd lo velli chepko nee anti Hindi chethha. I don't care about Hindi too.

Unless not learning a language prevents me from reading scientific papers, I don't care. Indian languages are probably good for poetry and some great pose which is not interesting to me

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Lmao. Okay. 

I myself didn't learn kannada and don't speak it. I have no intention of being in Bangalore too. 

Go give your lectures to those who still live in Bangalore and won't speak Kannada. 

I simply think it's a waste of time to learn it. Even if learning kannada is quite easy there's no need for me to. 

I think your ever wandering "mind" now went to the topic of adults learning a language  on their own time.

The discussion here is circullum in schools for mass education.

Come back when you can atleast stick to a topic within some basic paratmeters and not be that sloppy - lmao.

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

Hindi will always be taught around India. Deal with it 

Surprising you are okay with Mandarin imposition in China, but are against Hindi imposition in India. Lmao 

As for me I don't care. Because Hindi is not actually imposed. Especially in the part of India where I'm from 

Hyd lo velli chepko nee anti Hindi chethha. I don't care about Hindi too.

Unless not learning a language prevents me from reading scientific papers, I don't care. Indian languages are probably good for poetry and some great pose which is not interesting to me

that not even true. but okay. lmao.

So you want china to be imposed now - how about their communism? or you want to pick and choose - lmao.

You - ofcourse dont care - you are just a social ladder climbing ape ..lol

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

that not even true. but okay. lmao.

So you want china to be imposed now - how about their communism? or you want to pick and choose - lmao.

You - ofcourse dont care - you are just a social ladder climbing ape ..lol

dude, you are losing it. what does this even mean?

are you a China stan or not? do you realize that they impose their 'national' language which is spoken only by around 70%  as native tongue?

if you are okay with it, why rail against Hindi?

5 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

I think your ever wandering "mind" now went to the topic of adults learning a language  on their own time.

Come back when you can atleast stick to a topic within some basic paratmeters and not be that sloppy - lmao.

I already made my point. that it can never be imposed effectively across India

Even in Chennai, it is possible to completely avoid learning Tamil for kids at school. It may not be possible in some corner of TN, coz they wouldn't have Hindi teachers there.

the majority of private schools in TN are RSS leaning, and Hindi will be taught there. always will be.

12 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

neither can Hindi be imposed nor local language be imposed in India.

India can't even make its riders drive on the right side of the road yet. lmao.

Its one of the things that I found attractive about India, until I looked closely. I found a far worse structure inside the chaos. a structure that I don't have the energy to constantly come up against and one that has infected almost every facet of Indian life.

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

dude, you are losing it. what does this even mean?

are you a China stan or not? do you realize that they impose their 'national' language which is spoken only by around 70%  as native tongue?

if you are okay with it, why rail against Hindi?

What does what mean ? you are shilling for  just one aspect of china without the overall socio-political system btw,

By the way chinese mandarin is taught only to those whose languages are considered as dialectics of mandarin

Tibetans, monogllians, uighurs learn in their own languages.

Even if you want to copy china - you cant pick and choose like that - lmao.