Can parents visit US with a one way ticket?

jersey babai

Folks, please let me know if any one got their parents with one way ticket and they returned back to India after buying a return ticket later once they come here.

My parents are planning to visit in 2 months, but their return date is iffy, not sure.

So, instead of changing multiple times and losing money, can we just get them on a one way ticket for now and buy a return ticket later when they want to travel back?

Is it safe at the port of entry?  

My father cannot adjust here for long time, last 2 trips multiple changes cheyyalsi vachindi, so thinking to just buy a one way ticket this time. Any advises? 

you can...my mom came without a return ticket and allowed her....but it happened just bcoz we forgot to book a return ticket....but why cant you but a refundable ticket a day before the travel?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

It is a red flag.. why do you want to book a one way ticket?? Are they not going back? 

ante round ticket unte vadu pakka return pothadu ani gurantee unda vaa

Just now, Sarvapindy said:

ante round ticket unte vadu pakka return pothadu ani gurantee unda vaa

No.. it is all about showing intent to the CBP officer at the POE.. 

Even in a H1 interview, if you show the intent to settle down in US, they will reject the visa.. 

1 hour ago, jersey babai said:

Folks, please let me know if any one got their parents with one way ticket and they returned back to India after buying a return ticket later once they come here.

My parents are planning to visit in 2 months, but their return date is iffy, not sure.

So, instead of changing multiple times and losing money, can we just get them on a one way ticket for now and buy a return ticket later when they want to travel back?

Is it safe at the port of entry?  

My father cannot adjust here for long time, last 2 trips multiple changes cheyyalsi vachindi, so thinking to just buy a one way ticket this time. Any advises? 

buy a 24hrs cancellation ticket before they depart and cancel it once they land.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

No.. it is all about showing intent to the CBP officer at the POE.. 

Even in a H1 interview, if you show the intent to settle down in US, they will reject the visa.. 

ade antunna vaa having return ticket does not show intent