low profile companies with great benefits

sreenidhee

11 hours ago, Sanjiv said:

I prefer contracts at small companies with less than 3 team members and NO Scrum and no Jira. It works out great with WLB, job satisfaction and great rates.

alaantivi konni cheppu bayya. sukham gaa untundi life. ee process oriented companies lo pani takkuva process ekkuva 

12 hours ago, Sanjiv said:

I prefer contracts at small companies with less than 3 team members and NO Scrum, no Jira, no Camera during meetings and WFH. Great WLB, great job satisfaction and great rates!

Adi ela telustundi vaa eeyala repu Scrum Jira ivi leni companies kooda moving towards that direction right. 

Interview time lo nuvve aduguthava, plus close to 90% companies now have scrum model kadaa

4 hours ago, sreenidhee said:

alaantivi konni cheppu bayya. sukham gaa untundi life. ee process oriented companies lo pani takkuva process ekkuva 

Asalu Scrum framework ni invent chesinodni public lo broad daylight lo battalu oodathesi shoot chesi pareyyali literally. Agile is fine, everyone follows agile (even without knowing it) but Scrum is an overkill.

I tend to work less than 8 hours with Scrum but much more than 8 hours without it (extra hours for free) and many innovations. With Scrum, the company loses a ton of money on scrum masters, red tapism delays and no innovations (not even DevDays once or twice a year, YUCK!). It is similar to WFH where we work beyond 5 PM than if we have to go to work and will be out by 5 PM. Which one is more economical/loss-incurring to the company? Many companies fail to understand this basic and want to get on the Scrum bandwagon to see shiny reports, burn down chars, blah... just because other companies are doing it. Dumb. If there is one GOOD thing that came out of COVID, it is WFH which was unimaginable just a couple of years ago!

We would not know their systems from the job ad. Interview appudu adagatame their team size, if they are using Scrum, etc. Before I joined one of my jobs, I learnt there was just one other developer and figured out myself they would not have any Scrum or team structure and my guess turned out right. They all WFH, don't have Scrum or Jira (they maintain task list in MS Project, that's it). They have just 1 meeting a week for 30 minutes with the client (gets canceled most of the time :lol:) and everyone keeps their camera off. There are barely 2 emails in my Inbox a week and absolutely no distractions so I can laser-focus on my work, identifying gaps and innovating. The company saves a ton of $$ and I get job satisfaction.

Companies should understand trusting people goes a long way! Professionals should trust each other and stop treating each other like grocery store clerks working at minimum wages and asking for updates every day.

I heard some companies are doing Scrum even twice a day! Musk's Twitter must be one of them :) Slavery sweatshop sh!tholes. YUCK!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Adi ela telustundi vaa eeyala repu Scrum Jira ivi leni companies kooda moving towards that direction right. 

Interview time lo nuvve aduguthava, plus close to 90% companies now have scrum model kadaa

When they ask you if you have any questions at the end of the interview, that is your time. Make sure to use it. If the team size is too small, they probably don't have scrum (why would they spend money on a scrum master for 2-3 developers?). If they don't have scrum, they probably don't have Jira either. Always ask questions if you want to get the job and seal the deal. Employers like it when candidate asks questions. Of course, you cannot ask about use of Camera for meetings (during the interview).

See above...

48 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

Asalu Scrum framework ni invent chesinodni public lo broad daylight lo battalu oodathesi shoot chesi pareyyali literally. Agile is fine, everyone follows agile (even without knowing it) but Scrum is an overkill.

I tend to work less than 8 hours with Scrum but much more than 8 hours without it (extra hours for free) and many innovations. With Scrum, the company loses a ton of money on scrum masters, red tapism delays and no innovations (not even DevDays once or twice a year, YUCK!). It is similar to WFH where we work beyond 5 PM than if we have to go to work and will be out by 5 PM. Which one is economical/loss-incurring to the company? Many companies fail to understand this basic and want to get on the Scrum bandwagon to see shiny reports, burn down chars, blah... just because other companies are doing it. Dumb.

We would not know their systems from the job ad. Interview appudu adagatame their team size, if they are using Scrum, etc. Before I joined one of my jobs, I learnt there was just one other developer and figured out myself they would not have any Scrum or team structure and my guess turned out right. They all WFH, don't have Scrum or Jira (they maintain task list in MS Project, that's it). They have just 1 meeting a week for 30 minutes with the client (gets canceled most of the time :lol:) and everyone keeps their camera off. There are barely 2 emails in my Inbox a week and absolutely no distractions so I can laser-focus on my work, identifying gaps and innovating. The company saves a ton of $$ and I get job satisfaction.

Companies should understand trusting people goes a long way! Professionals should trust each other and stop treating each other like grocery store clerks working at minimum wages and asking for updates every day.

I heard some companies are doing Scrum even twice a day! Musk's Twitter must be one of them :) Slavery sweatshop sh!tholes. YUCK!!

lol, I couldn't agree more on that