We need major recession

Manishican

USA is broken...the fact that a word from my keyboard can make money to Tech companies means the supply of money is simply unlimited. It's like humans unleashed infinite money hack. This will only result in two things...war or depression for the next generation. The same phenomenon happened in India too, and it will repeat in the US. People will buy with millions, and rent will be in thousands. Ultimately the rates keep rising anthe. Recession bokka emi undadu

5 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Agree… but do you want to buy a house or keep your job? Single job guys can also buy a smaller house in an affordable range..

Not everyone will lose a job in a recession may be 2 to 5% will lose depending on the severity. May be things will change for the better

18 hours ago, Manishican said:

Aa house prices endhi

Aa inflation endhi

Aa interest rates endhi

Evadu thaggatledhu

People doing multiple jobs

People buying multiple homes

Unfortunately we need major recession to get things back to pre covid level.

Last 3-4 years lo few changes ayyayi bro.

1. Telugu people are not investing in India. a. Due to Amravati issue b. Inflation and rupee depreciation c. It’s very tough to get money from India when in need. So, most people coming from middle class backgrounds either spend on housing or wife pressure tho Tesla car kontunaru.

2. People have started looking for alternate sources of income. a. Covid mundu wife panicheyaka pothe, spouses started working, thanks to remote jobs. b. People started investing in partnerships in buying investment homes, gas stations even land and getting some passive income. 
c. Of course, people doing multiple contract jobs, those doing 1FT and 1 contract jobs unnaru, but their life is in trouble. 

3. These house prices will not come down or either fall 5% more anthe. Reason enti antae, supply chain issue inka undi and builders are building on a risk based approach. For example, $600k home ki building cost $350k avuthundhi, builder expenses (payroll of employees) $50k, lot premium $50k other expenses ($50k). So builder is making $100k profit on a home. Pre-Covid this use to be $150k to $200k because building material cost, labor cost chala low unde.. 

54 minutes ago, Manishican said:

Not everyone will lose a job in a recession may be 2 to 5% will lose depending on the severity. May be things will change for the better

Not everyone but many of them will lose jobs if consumers stop spending, companies stop investing or go bankrupt.. 2 to 5% is a standard unemployment rate even in the best of the times.. 2008 recession appudu more than 10% undi unemployment rate and that means 15-20 million people without jobs.. konni sarlu 30% unemployment rate kuda undi.. and that is only direct unemployment.. indirect ga impact aye businesses chala untaayi and most of them won’t even recover…. 
you could be one of those millions.. so be careful what you wish for.. 

5 hours ago, AnandaVivek said:

Bank ki kannalu vesthuntava bro..what is that salary…

3 rental homes...andulo okati 4 plex...340k base me and spouse...

7 minutes ago, sarvayogi said:

3 rental homes...andulo okati 4 plex...340k base me and spouse...

Antha unte India ki povachu ga happy ga..antlu thomukuntu, pillala diapers marusthoo, vanta chesukuntoo ee kastalu enduku bro

12 minutes ago, AnandaVivek said:

Antha unte India ki povachu ga happy ga..antlu thomukuntu, pillala diapers marusthoo, vanta chesukuntoo ee kastalu enduku bro

its not kastalu..its called searching for more opportunities here..I am not the sit in arm chair and relax for life..I will run until I hit 60.

8 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Agree… but do you want to buy a house or keep your job? Single job guys can also buy a smaller house in an affordable range..

keeping or losing job is not in your hand. Guys doing 3-4-5 jobs may end up having nothing and those doing 1 may still keep it. Point is why is it getting so difficult to afford a decent single family home when your income is 120-130k. If these 120-130k earners have to buy small homes then what about those earn less than that - may be they have to move to small towns where it is cheaper but eventually it will become not affordable. I see some people have established passive income and some investments but again that is less % of overall population. Some argue you have to change jobs and get high salary - possible for less % of population only. 

3 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Not everyone but many of them will lose jobs if consumers stop spending, companies stop investing or go bankrupt.. 2 to 5% is a standard unemployment rate even in the best of the times.. 2008 recession appudu more than 10% undi unemployment rate and that means 15-20 million people without jobs.. konni sarlu 30% unemployment rate kuda undi.. and that is only direct unemployment.. indirect ga impact aye businesses chala untaayi and most of them won’t even recover…. 
you could be one of those millions.. so be careful what you wish for.. 

I mean unemployment will increase 2 to 5% from current levels bringing to 6 to 9%.

2 hours ago, Paamu said:

keeping or losing job is not in your hand. Guys doing 3-4-5 jobs may end up having nothing and those doing 1 may still keep it. Point is why is it getting so difficult to afford a decent single family home when your income is 120-130k. If these 120-130k earners have to buy small homes then what about those earn less than that - may be they have to move to small towns where it is cheaper but eventually it will become not affordable. I see some people have established passive income and some investments but again that is less % of overall population. Some argue you have to change jobs and get high salary - possible for less % of population only. 

There are always homes in the lower end.. even in Dallas there are homes in the 300K range, but you have to be open to live in other areas where there are no desis and houses are smaller..

but if everyone wants to buy a home in the prime high demand areas, with >3000sft, big backyard, with great schools, rich neighborhoods, and still get it for 400-500K, those days are long gone… 

40 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

There are always homes in the lower end.. even in Dallas there are homes in the 300K range, but you have to be open to live in other areas where there are no desis and houses are smaller..

but if everyone wants to buy a home in the prime high demand areas, with >3000sft, big backyard, with great schools, rich neighborhoods, and still get it for 400-500K, those days are long gone… 

I am talking about everyone not just desis. So essentially we have to live with the inflated prices antav. I feel 2-3 jobs will vanish for many people in the coming year or so (  that is one of the reason why people have so much money) - so already house(s) unnnollaki good.  But after that - most people will have 1 job or 2 if both the couple work and the competition may be like Pre covid.  

One thing I observed is construction quality has fallen and the sqft has reduced but prices have been increasing during past 3-4 years. But with multi jobs and stock money no daddy listening. 

37 minutes ago, Paamu said:

I am talking about everyone not just desis. So essentially we have to live with the inflated prices antav. I feel 2-3 jobs will vanish for many people in the coming year or so (  that is one of the reason why people have so much money) - so already house(s) unnnollaki good.  But after that - most people will have 1 job or 2 if both the couple work and the competition may be like Pre covid.  

One thing I observed is construction quality has fallen and the sqft has reduced but prices have been increasing during past 3-4 years. But with multi jobs and stock money no daddy listening. 

Inflation is coming down.. and once control aithe anni prices kuda control lo ki ravachhu… but it all depends on supply and demand… not just house construction quality, quality of all goods have gone down.. read about shrinkflation.. 

jobs thagguthaayi.. job market tight aithe, multiple jobs ravadam kuda kastam.. 

Just don’t wish for recession.. 

• Like 1