Emergency Room Bill

pandu123b

7 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

hahaha...spoken like a true idiot

is that it?? just name calling like an arrogant jackass? Why can't you stick to the topic instead of resorting to personal attacks. We hope you learn how to use a forum decently without abuse.

or do you have a solution to this age old problem? in other words, are you smarter than attorneys and law makers?? If you have a solution, here is a tip - start with lobbying in the White House... arguing pointlessly in this latkoor db will get you nowhere.

if you don't have a solution (which you don't), your point is moot. Who is an idiot now?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ennnna chata said:

Next time call your pediatrician on call , (6-8pm) then urgent care(8-12) then ER and you can drive to ER or book a cab no need to use emergency services if it’s not needed. Ask help from a friend or book Uber 

called. pediatrician on call support, they also advised to go to ER and then gave appointment in 2 days

1 hour ago, Sanjiv said:

is that it?? just name calling like an arrogant jackass? Why can't you stick to the topic instead of resorting to personal attacks. We hope you learn how to use a forum decently without abuse.

or do you have a solution to this age old problem? in other words, are you smarter than attorneys and law makers?? If you have a solution, here is a tip - start with lobbying in the White House... not arguing pointlessly in this latkoor db.

if you don't have a solution (which you don't), your point is moot. Who is an idiot now?

hahaha…you were getting defensive with your senseless arguments and blabbering nonsense. You must be new to the internet if you think calling someone an idiot is a personal attack.  If you can’t figure out who’s stopping from getting universal healthcare implemented, don’t argue about it. 

Also, you don’t have to be an attorney or a law maker to be smart. Please learn how politics work here before getting into sensitive topics if not you’ll sound like an idiot 

Peace out

15 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

hahaha…you were getting defensive with your senseless arguments and blabbering nonsense. You must be new to the internet if you think calling someone an idiot is a personal attack.  If you can’t figure out who’s stopping from getting universal healthcare implemented, don’t argue about it. 

Also, you don’t have to be an attorney or a law maker to be smart. Please learn how politics work here before getting into sensitive topics if not you’ll sound like an idiot 

Peace out

And you are getting offensive with your attacks, abuse and nonsense.

you also attacked someone else on this very same thread saying, "shut the fcuk up (STFU)". just scroll up and see for yourself (if you don't remember it). Seriously dude? LOL. It shows your pattern of abusing and attacking others like a coward when you lose your argument. If you cannot stick to the topic decently, don't bother discussing.

so what is stopping you from getting universal healthcare implemented?? if you are so smart, what exactly are you even doing on this latkoor db? Yeah, right! that's what I thought.

Don't try to teach anyone here how to use the internet (they know much more than that and much more than you). You'll make yourself look like a pure gold pakka idiot. do yourself a favor and go learn them. It will reward you!

No one asked you to come to US and you came here knowing all the facts. And now you are being a cry baby. who is being nonsensical and idiotic now??

As Trump said, "if you don't like it, just leave!"

Simple.

35 minutes ago, Sanjiv said:

And you are getting offensive with your attacks, abuse and nonsense.

you also attacked someone else on this very same thread saying, "shut the fcuk up (STFU)". just scroll up and see for yourself (if you don't remember it). Seriously dude? LOL. It shows your pattern of abusing and attacking others like a coward when you lose your argument. If you cannot stick to the topic decently, don't bother discussing.

so what is stopping you from getting universal healthcare implemented?? if you are so smart, what exactly are you even doing on this latkoor db? Yeah, right! that's what I thought.

Don't try to teach anyone here how to use the internet (they know much more than that and much more than you). You'll make yourself look like an idiot. do yourself a favor and go learn them. It will reward you!

No one asked you to come to US and you came here knowing all the facts. And now you are being a cry baby. who is being nonsensical and idiotic now??

As Trump said, "if you don't like it, just leave!"

Simple.

again who’s being a cry baby for being called an idiot and still blabbering nonsense but not answering the questions asked. Yep, I thought so 

inta sensitive unte etla bathukutav bujji 

You clearly don’t know how the system works rather brainwashed by a group who is the reason for this situation. I mean what can I even expect from someone who is quoting Trump 

On 7/13/2023 at 10:05 PM, dasari4kntr said:

it was very old case which i heard...(dont judge about the visitors insurance...etc it was more than 10 years back case)

parent visited from india...and hospitalized and died in hospital...

My father-in-law came to the USA last November. Suddenly he fell ill, and we took him to urgent care.. they charged $800.. gave him some medicines.. after a few days his condition worsened.. we took him to urgent care, and they asked us to take him to emergency. They admitted him in the hospital.. for four days and sent him home as his condition is stabilized.. he fell ill again in 10 days. went to emergency.. they admitted him for 15 days now and sent him home.. on the day they discharged him, we noticed he had lost hearing... and told the same to Doctor, and they neglected.. after coming home.. we realized he got severe ear infection.. lot of discharge from ear.. he was again admitted to hospital for 15 days.. and discharged.. after coming we noticed he has a lot of  rash on his head... and nurse came home and checked and confirmed it is shingless.. now again admitted to hospital for over a month...HE became very week and lost all muscle as didnt have solid food for almost 3 months by now.  Only liquid food.. Doctors couldn't diagnize what is the actual issues.. they did lot of MRI scans.. CT scans .. Chest Xrays... could not find anything.. They gave a lot of steroids... medicines.. anti-biotics.. We suffered a lot for 4 months.. with new born.. both me and my wife working and my father-in-law in hospital.. It was hell..

Finally, he passed away in hospital at the end of MAy.. The total bill came to $300,000.. Hospitals in USA are a big scam..

At any point had we taken my father-in-law to India, he would have survived.. Doctors here are very slow.. Laws are so that Doctors can't take independent decisions to give aggressive treatments.. Some of the Doctors are Indians and they themselves agreed that had it been in India, he would have survived... 

We couldn't take him to India coz none of us have stamping.. plus didn't get the passport yet. We asked many people and posted in many facebook groups that if there is anyone who can take them, we can pay the full charge... But, no luck..

Upon an extensive search in the internet, we found there are companies who transport such patients across countries after getting necessary approvals from doctors and airlines, and airports. Basically bed to bed service. They take patients from the hospital bed in USA to hospital bed in India.. They take care of everything.  But we came to very late.. They have 3 options. 

1. Book a private air ambulance - $200,000 - They will send the patient in private jet with a doctor and trained nurse and equipment (oxygen, emergency medicines etc)

2. They will book 9-10 seats in the commercial airline to place a stretcher. A trained nurse will go with patient with all necessary equipment. This costs $60,000.

3. They will book a first class/business class seat in commercial airline and a trained nurse will accompany the patient with all necessary equipment. Any where between $20,000 to $30,000.

AS soon as we came to know about this service, we booked them by opting #3 option and paid $25,000. 

They booked the flights and contacts both source hospital (USA) and destination hospital (Vizag), checked the patient condition, got all necessary instructions from Doctors, approvals from airlines, ambulances from hospital to airlines were arranged.. But, unfortunately, two days before his travel , his condition went very bad and he passed away.. Our lives shattered, we didn't know what to do.. 

We complained to doctors hospital management.. we know there is obvious negligence from hospital side at every step.. They themselves know it.. They even asked if we want to do a autopsy.. But, we rejected. HE already suffered a lot in hospital. We didnt want his body to be cut.. We creamted him in here itself in USA (After speaking to his immediate family) in India.. My wife is his only child. 

The hospital could not sign on his death certificate until now. Its been almost two months now.. Usually, Death certificate will be signed within 2 weeks.. 

Hospitals and insurance companies are a big scam here in USA.. India is far better and far advanced than USA now a days.. Plus USA hospitals are very short-staffed now... 

Sorry all for the long post.. But, I guess this will be helpful for our Indian community.. HAd we know about that Air ambulance services 2 months before, we could have transfered him to India and he would have been alive.. 

He came to USA as a normal person.. now he is no more.. He is 67 years old.. no bad habits.. had been yoga guru for almost 2 decades.. he ahs been actively doing yoga all along.. a chemical engineer.. At that age also, he used to play with local Indian guys.. he was very passionate about Cricket and Tennis.. All guys used to be surprised that he is able to run and play cricket at that age.. better than many other guys.. 

HE is very educated and has knowledge in every field including medical.. He used to read about medicines that were given in hsopital and he himself told us that if he is in the hospital for long with such medication, he will not see India soil.. he will die in USA itself and that's exactly is what happened.. 

He never allowed us to sign any document in the hospital for responsibility.. Even in such abd health he signed himself in all documents..This really helped us.. We are not liable for any hospital bills as he signed himself.. Other wise we would have to pay $300, 000 bill now. 

been there, kid kosam vellam, around 1200-1500 kattam same for emergency

Nenu anduke HSA tesukole ee sari, my deductible is just 500, ee HSA tho every year some scans or check up ante doola teerutundi, bills coming in thousands so ee sari nunchi don't care about tax saving but peace of mind kosam non-HSA plans and low deductible plan teesukunna

I can still contribute to FSA and it has some 500 so deductible kooda tax saved but its use it or lose it so december end lopala use cheyali

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2023 at 4:35 PM, pandu123b said:

yeah anna

nenu office lo unnanu , it would have taken 30 minutes to come home and again some time to take him urgent care.

so, wife called 911 and they took it to er

Wait for Ambulance bill..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

universal healthcare

If you believe this will fix things then you must believe in magic. Nothing is free. Insurance ki katte badulu tax kadatavu and in return you get wonderful govt bureaucracy that will answer to no one. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Galactus said:

been there, kid kosam vellam, around 1200-1500 kattam same for emergency

Nenu anduke HSA tesukole ee sari, my deductible is just 500, ee HSA tho every year some scans or check up ante doola teerutundi, bills coming in thousands so ee sari nunchi don't care about tax saving but peace of mind kosam non-HSA plans and low deductible plan teesukunna

I can still contribute to FSA and it has some 500 so deductible kooda tax saved but its use it or lose it so december end lopala use cheyali

thanks for sharing!

i think it is like pre pay vs post pay

since we pay high premiums for low deductible, if we don’t use, it will be a waste !

8 hours ago, bankris said:

My father-in-law came to the USA last November. Suddenly he fell ill, and we took him to urgent care.. they charged $800.. gave him some medicines.. after a few days his condition worsened.. we took him to urgent care, and they asked us to take him to emergency. They admitted him in the hospital.. for four days and sent him home as his condition is stabilized.. he fell ill again in 10 days. went to emergency.. they admitted him for 15 days now and sent him home.. on the day they discharged him, we noticed he had lost hearing... and told the same to Doctor, and they neglected.. after coming home.. we realized he got severe ear infection.. lot of discharge from ear.. he was again admitted to hospital for 15 days.. and discharged.. after coming we noticed he has a lot of  rash on his head... and nurse came home and checked and confirmed it is shingless.. now again admitted to hospital for over a month...HE became very week and lost all muscle as didnt have solid food for almost 3 months by now.  Only liquid food.. Doctors couldn't diagnize what is the actual issues.. they did lot of MRI scans.. CT scans .. Chest Xrays... could not find anything.. They gave a lot of steroids... medicines.. anti-biotics.. We suffered a lot for 4 months.. with new born.. both me and my wife working and my father-in-law in hospital.. It was hell..

Finally, he passed away in hospital at the end of MAy.. The total bill came to $300,000.. Hospitals in USA are a big scam..

At any point had we taken my father-in-law to India, he would have survived.. Doctors here are very slow.. Laws are so that Doctors can't take independent decisions to give aggressive treatments.. Some of the Doctors are Indians and they themselves agreed that had it been in India, he would have survived... 

We couldn't take him to India coz none of us have stamping.. plus didn't get the passport yet. We asked many people and posted in many facebook groups that if there is anyone who can take them, we can pay the full charge... But, no luck..

Upon an extensive search in the internet, we found there are companies who transport such patients across countries after getting necessary approvals from doctors and airlines, and airports. Basically bed to bed service. They take patients from the hospital bed in USA to hospital bed in India.. They take care of everything.  But we came to very late.. They have 3 options. 

1. Book a private air ambulance - $200,000 - They will send the patient in private jet with a doctor and trained nurse and equipment (oxygen, emergency medicines etc)

2. They will book 9-10 seats in the commercial airline to place a stretcher. A trained nurse will go with patient with all necessary equipment. This costs $60,000.

3. They will book a first class/business class seat in commercial airline and a trained nurse will accompany the patient with all necessary equipment. Any where between $20,000 to $30,000.

AS soon as we came to know about this service, we booked them by opting #3 option and paid $25,000. 

They booked the flights and contacts both source hospital (USA) and destination hospital (Vizag), checked the patient condition, got all necessary instructions from Doctors, approvals from airlines, ambulances from hospital to airlines were arranged.. But, unfortunately, two days before his travel , his condition went very bad and he passed away.. Our lives shattered, we didn't know what to do.. 

We complained to doctors hospital management.. we know there is obvious negligence from hospital side at every step.. They themselves know it.. They even asked if we want to do a autopsy.. But, we rejected. HE already suffered a lot in hospital. We didnt want his body to be cut.. We creamted him in here itself in USA (After speaking to his immediate family) in India.. My wife is his only child. 

The hospital could not sign on his death certificate until now. Its been almost two months now.. Usually, Death certificate will be signed within 2 weeks.. 

Hospitals and insurance companies are a big scam here in USA.. India is far better and far advanced than USA now a days.. Plus USA hospitals are very short-staffed now... 

Sorry all for the long post.. But, I guess this will be helpful for our Indian community.. HAd we know about that Air ambulance services 2 months before, we could have transfered him to India and he would have been alive.. 

He came to USA as a normal person.. now he is no more.. He is 67 years old.. no bad habits.. had been yoga guru for almost 2 decades.. he ahs been actively doing yoga all along.. a chemical engineer.. At that age also, he used to play with local Indian guys.. he was very passionate about Cricket and Tennis.. All guys used to be surprised that he is able to run and play cricket at that age.. better than many other guys.. 

HE is very educated and has knowledge in every field including medical.. He used to read about medicines that were given in hsopital and he himself told us that if he is in the hospital for long with such medication, he will not see India soil.. he will die in USA itself and that's exactly is what happened.. 

He never allowed us to sign any document in the hospital for responsibility.. Even in such abd health he signed himself in all documents..This really helped us.. We are not liable for any hospital bills as he signed himself.. Other wise we would have to pay $300, 000 bill now. 

is it your story or pasted from somewhere?

1 minute ago, Aquaman said:

is it your story or pasted from somewhere?

My own story anna.. I opened another thread on this last night to spread awareness. 

14 minutes ago, bankris said:

My own story anna.. I opened another thread on this last night to spread awareness. 

sucks man..sorry for your loss

Medical related things are bad in the US.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, pandu123b said:

thanks for sharing!

i think it is like pre pay vs post pay

since we pay high premiums for low deductible, if we don’t use, it will be a waste !

For me, there was not significant difference between premium, less than the cost of a single food takeout in biweekly check so opted for the low deductible

10 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

again who’s being a cry baby for being called an idiot and still blabbering nonsense but not answering the questions asked. Yep, I thought so 

inta sensitive unte etla bathukutav bujji 

You clearly don’t know how the system works rather brainwashed by a group who is the reason for this situation. I mean what can I even expect from someone who is quoting Trump 

Nuvvu "STFU" ante kuda okay na? LOL

So you are an idiot because you agree that you are an idiot.

You are an idiot because you think how the age old system works and you think you can change it.

You are an arrogant idiot because you are!

Ok, got it.