Jump to content

Stock discussions


Vaampire

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

I am using fidelity for 401k and I have brokerage account also. But not able to find that cashout option from 401K to brokerage account.

may be fidelity ki call cheyyali yemo

There should be a cash equivalent holding(fund etc) available in most if not all 401k providers. You can sell the holdings you dont want, and move your cash into this cash equivalent thing. When you speak to the Fidelity rep, just ask them if there is a way if you can sell your funds and hold the proceeds in cash within your 401k

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, vkk said:

There should be a cash equivalent holding(fund etc) available in most if not all 401k providers. You can sell the holdings you dont want, and move your cash into this cash equivalent thing. When you speak to the Fidelity rep, just ask them if there is a way if you can sell your funds and hold the proceeds in cash within your 401k

 

most of the employers won't provide an option to open brokerage account in 401K accounts...It depends on the employer not the provider. I too have the Fidelity 401K but my employer don't support brokerage account option...t

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, anandam2012 said:

most of the employers won't provide an option to open brokerage account in 401K accounts...It depends on the employer not the provider. I too have the Fidelity 401K but my employer don't support brokerage account option...t

I am not aware of a brokerage option in the context of a regular 401k. So can’t comment on that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TKWQ said:

I am not aware of a brokerage option in the context of a regular 401k. So can’t comment on that

we can open one bro if our current 401K account maintaining employer provides, so that we can invest in individual stocks using our 401K money like any trading account 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Balibabu said:

@Spartan ankul please help him. 

Just change allocation to money market funds ..  

 

don’t try to time it . Especially in retirement accounts . Look at the long  game in retirement account  imo .

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pandemkodi said:

Just change allocation to money market funds ..  

 

don’t try to time it . Especially in retirement accounts . Look at the long  game in retirement account  imo .

Why bro .. Retairment accounts will fall down more in Current market trend 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In your 401k brokerage you will get access to a lot more funds. Choose the category you think is good and invest in that fund.

with individual stocks you are taking more risk.

my strategy is usually going with funds in 401k and go for long term benefiting funds rather than keep changing lanes based on temporary trend.

any risks I take in regular investment account.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 5:54 PM, anandam2012 said:

we can open one bro if our current 401K account maintaining employer provides, so that we can invest in individual stocks using our 401K money like any trading account 

Can you please tell how? My 401k account does not have this option

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nokia123 said:

Can you please tell how? My 401k account does not have this option

call your 401K provider and check if you employer permits to open a borkerage account in your 401K. If they allow then you can open brokerage account, transfer money from 401K and then you can trade invidual stocks like any trading account. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Get ready for blood bath. Weak hearts, dont open trading app’s.

Yes ade anabotunanu… Both bath confirm today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.