my observation

tables

recent ga in the past 3 to 4 years I am seeing lot of CS grads coming out of US schools. I am not talking about indian coming on F1 visa, but indians born here.

also lot of other asians and latina kids studying CS.

in the next 5 to 10 years there will be influx of more and more cs grads who are US citizens. not sure if the market is big enough to accomodate them.

I heard UC berkeley has a Data science program which has a strength of 1000 students per year.

• Upvote 1

inga next 5-8 years lo kothaga H1 meeda oche valla bathuku ippudu current F1 galla laaga avthadhi, ochama, job trails chesama, back vellama, thats it. Long term nundi GC kosam wait chesthunna unkles ki job poyina or job change try chesina, situation dump thata seat lo kurchuni fiercely a EOs pass chesthe ela untadho ala untadhi. . .   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, tables said:

recent ga in the past 3 to 4 years I am seeing lot of CS grads coming out of US schools. I am not talking about indian coming on F1 visa, but indians born here.

in the next 5 to 10 years there will be influx of more and more cs grads who are US citizens. not sure if the market is big enough to accomodate them.

I heard UC berkeley has a Data science program which has a strength of 1000 students per year.

we should not think too much..   just upgrading tech and save or invest as much as we can

why not. except for a few we(h1/gc) are not in the same market as these us born kids. naa colleague son is cs graduate. facebook etc lo internships chesadu. he will eventually go to some faang/hft/quant firm. 

10 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

By the time they come AI will sweep most of the jobs. emantaru @dasari4kntr 

yes…most of the monotonous jobs will be take over by AI…

there will be huge competition for limited jobs…

maa vaadu architecture (not computer related) side interest vunnadu…highschool lo kooda elective ade teesukunnadu… so encouraging him what he is really interested…irrespective of job guarantee….lets see..

20 hours ago, tables said:

Andaru smart aithunaru current generation kids know exactly where the money is, these smart kids study cs or other challenging courses and reach heights or realize and switch careers by doing bootcamps or such

There are also some dumb students who study other areas like sociology, psychology, criminal justice lantivi and go no where, these students don't even know what IT is or have a proper plan in career. 

two types of groups abcd's lo. Inka another batch medicine ani memu great doctors ani vallake valle oohinchukuntaru  valla goorinchi nenu matlada 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

maa vaadu architecture (not computer related) side interest vunnadu…highschool lo kooda elective ade teesukunnadu… so encouraging him what he is really interested…irrespective of job guarantee….lets see..

I thought you have a daughter

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

how many kids bro?

22 hours ago, tables said:

@Havingsaidthat US Indian kids ABCD 21 age vachakaa vadu US lo puttinda India lo puttinda teliduu  vadu english matladuthe tappa vallanu evadu hire chesukodu..

US born indian kids can't work hard they will be hired and fired

cc @DallasKarreBaluGadu

22 hours ago, tables said:

True. A friends daughter graduated in DS from berkeley recently and got an Awesome package from Oracle. Dream for anyone and esp for a Fresher. This kid was planning to become a doctor and changed the path midway. 

Another friends daughter graduated from UCLA (CS) and got a similar package from Intuit in SD. 

Its true US market is going to be flooded with these fresh graduates creating issues for H1s and OPTs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

True. A friends daughter graduated in DS from berkeley recently and got an Awesome package from Oracle. Dream for anyone and esp for a Fresher. This kid was planning to become a doctor and changed the path midway. 

Another friends daughter graduated from UCLA (CS) and got a similar package from Intuit in SD. 

Its true US market is going to be flooded with these fresh graduates creating issues for H1s and OPTs.

in my team i manage interns like that…but somehow they are in different attitude…in my observation (in this capitalistic field) many cant survive long in this industry…

2 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

in my team i manage interns like that…but somehow they are in different attitude…in my observation (in this capitalistic field) many cant survive long in this industry…

Throw some light on the attitude. 

Even though i never had interns in my team, we had an intern program and I used to interact with them in other teams. They are a bundle of energy and good ideas. And when they come to a corporate environment they are usually disappointed because of slow progress, process overheads, slow decision making, etc. They have a completely different picture of what we do in office. They think of us working like in movies, with algorithms, click the button and eagerly waiting for response.