Opt To H1 Stamping

Rate this topic

sairamec

Hi,

I'm currently on my OPTX which is valid till Feb2015. My H1B visa is approved and will start from October of this year (2014). If I intend to travel outside of USA and plan to return back to USA before october, should I go for H1B stamping or can I just return on my valid OPT work authorisation?

My doubt is how soon can I go for my H1B stamping before october (some people say I should go 90 days before from October 1st i.e., after july1st..is that true? or can I go even earlier?)

and for any reason if I fail to secure H1B stamping can I still be able to return to USA on my valid OPT work authorization?

Your advise and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

No you can not
You will enter USA after oct 1st only.. No matter what it is.. Because your h1 stamping startdate will be from oct 1st only.. Once your h1 stamped they will cancel your f1 visa

No you can not
You will enter USA after oct 1st only.. No matter what it is.. Because your h1 stamping startdate will be from oct 1st only.. Once your h1 stamped they will cancel your f1 visa

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response man.

Just so I understood you correctly. If I go for H1B stamping before oct1st and got the stamping (now, my F1 will be cancelled). I cannot return to USA untill Oct1st.

If for some reason I fail to secure stamping (or any RFEs'), in that case my F1 is not cancelled right? so can I return to USA on OPT work authorization?

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response man.

Just so I understood you correctly. If I go for H1B stamping before oct1st and got the stamping (now, my F1 will be cancelled). I cannot return to USA untill Oct1st.

If for some reason I fail to secure stamping (or any RFEs'), in that case my F1 is not cancelled right? so can I return to USA on OPT work authorization?

No matter what your h1b will effective from Oct 1 st ..........

whether you go for visa or not. your status will change from F1 to H1B.