@@@ Football Thread: 2014-15 Season@@@

chittimallu16

Guest chittimallu21

70pts above undevadni gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476okka 2 weeks wrong decisions teskuni naakipoya...   30pts diff is nothing  Cindy gaado Scholseyy gadoo gattiga aadarante oka week gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476 Mtkr gaadu kuda close gane unnadu gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476

yes I know 30 points not a huge margin but still sanchez povadam valla I havent stopped or slowed down antunna.... 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• king420

• shishkebab

• Suhaas

• KeyserSoze

anyone can be in Europe. Wenger is confident about the european spot but I think its very very tight this time around. 

Southampton: They are a surprise package this season. Last year summer lo players and pochettino ellipoyaka I thought the club will battle for relegation but what Koeman did with this new team was just amazing. There was a huge outburst from a section of fans about the exodus last summer but things have totally changed now and I will agree without shame that I did NOT expect them to be where they are now in February after they played all the top teams twice already. I think they deserve to be in europe more than anyone else in england. If they lose that european spot then there is no soul in football and its not justice either. 

Arsenal: Its a regular business for wenger and the team to be in the europe. Every year they face the same issue if they will be in europe or not but somehow manage to be there and its happened for the last consecutive 16 years which is a massive record with the amount of funds the club had after that stadium. Just like any season the heat is on wenger to claim the 4th spot trophy and they are definitely in the mix with only a point or two below it.  Sanchez has been top signing and has carried the team for a long time in the beginning of the season. His inspirational work has boosted others to chip in and cazorla is a classic example. Ozil needs to step up, he has been very mediocre so far for arsenal except the beginning of 2013-14 season. I wish Wenger uses Akpom a lot more now that Sanogo, Poldi and Campbell are gone. Coquelin is a major boost for the team in the defensive half of the midfield. Injuries are always a curse for arsenal more than any team. But with the quality on the pitch and on the bench they should be able to get that spot. 

Manchester United: Spent a lot of money last summer but could not get them firing on all cylinders. With an experienced head like LVG who tasted league success in other parts of europe and with quality additions like DiMaria, Blind and Herrera and also with the decent additions like Rojo and Shaw (overpaid though) they had some injuries which set them back but failing to get that european spot would be a disaster considering all the money spent.  Definitely have a shot at european spot but LVG's tactics are questionable as he is underusing Rooney, the heart of man united. The way he deployed DiMaria as a forward was also laughable :lol: Also I guess Falcao will be out of OT come may. Their best player is David De Gea so far and without him they would have been around 7th position. 

Spurs: Had a slow start for theseason but once again Pochettino has worked wonders with the Lily White boys. The way he promoted Kane over the disastrous Soldado needs to be applauded and it worked wonders for them. Bentaleb in the midfield has been very solid for them. Lloris is a rock at the back but I dont think they might get that CL spot. Might get europa spot though but I could be wrong.

West Ham: Surely Liverpool fans must be mad at the way Carroll is performing for west ham :lol:  Carroll, Song and above all Downing has been their best players. Not to forget their GK Adrian, he has been pretty solid at the back. Happy to see Jenkinson getting good play time and he has been doing well for them. Dont see them getting UCL or Europa either but can definitely build on what have achieved so far

baga chepparu brother smileys-praying-742234.gif

nenu final table ila untundhi anukuntunna brother

Chelsea

city

Arsenal

Man utd

spurs

southampton 

liverpool

west Ham

stoke 

swansea

Everton

Newcastle

Crystal palace

west brom

sunderland

burnley

hull

aston villa

Leicester

qpr

\

Sanchez povadam pedda bokka ayyindi neeku gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476  Cindy gadu good come back from 7th spot to 3rd 

brother smileys-praying-742234.gif i messed up my team big time  this season...

last season idhe time ki  30k na overall rank .. 7 yeras fantasy history lo idhe worst season naadhi 

Guest chittimallu21

baga chepparu brother smileys-praying-742234.gif

nenu final table ila untundhi anukuntunna brother

Chelsea

city

Arsenal

Man utd

spurs

southampton 

liverpool

west Ham

stoke 

swansea

Everton

Newcastle

Crystal palace

west brom

sunderland

burnley

hull

aston villa

Leicester

qpr

I dont think Villa will relagate....  Everton will finish above Swans maayya... they lost Bony no?

Guest chittimallu21

Reus extends with bvb till 2019. 

may be its just a move to get BVB more money if some thieves come bidding for him in the next two summers..... contract ending lo unte clubs will not be ready to pay more but once he has a lot more to run through his contract then BVB can demand more.... Good on Reus for trying to help his club financially... but even if he really stays then thats so classy of him....

Coach Louis van Gaal has produced a dossier of statistics to disprove West Ham United boss Sam Allardyce’s claim on the weekend that Manchester United were a "long-ball" team.

United drew 1-1 with West Ham in the Premier League at Upton Park on Sunday afternoon, after which Allardyce claimed: “We couldn’t cope with 'long-ball United', it was 'thump it forward and see what they could get'. In the end it paid off."

And clearly Allardyce’s comments have hit a nerve with his counterpart at Old Trafford, with Van Gaal arriving at his pre-match press conference ahead of United’s home encounter with Burnley on Wednesday night armed with four pieces of paper supporting his claims.

"Because I expected this question, I have made an interpretation of the data for this game and then I have to say that it is not a good interpretation from Big Sam," said Van Gaal.

So what exactly was on each page?

Page No. 1

louis-van-gaal-man-utd-manchester-united

Dossier Page No. 1

This tells us West Ham attempted 200 passes to United’s 343 in the match, while we also learn 71.1 per cent of the home side’s “long passes”- of over 25 metres – were forward compared to the visitors’ 49.9 per cent.

Page No. 2

two-van-gaal_3262832.jpg

Dossier Page No. 2

Here we see West Ham tried 32 “long or forward passes” in the game, of which 34.4 per cent were successful.

Page No. 3

manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-stats-m

Dossier Page No. 3

This shows us United attempted 41 “long or forward passes” up until the 76th minute23 of which hit their target.

However, as Van Gaal was also keen to explain, most of those were played out wide to the wings and so do not count as long balls.

"When you have 60 per cent ball possession, do you think that you can do that with long balls?" he asked.

"Yeah, long balls, in the width, to switch the play. You have to look at the data and then you will see that we did play long balls, but long balls wide, rather than to the striker.”

Page No. 4

louis-van-gaal-man-utd-manchester-united

Dossier Page No. 4

Here we learn United tried 12 “long or forward passes” after the 76th minute, when Van Gaal explained he changed his side’s tactics in search of an equaliser by trying to exploit the 6ft 4in Marouane Fellaini, with 33.3% successful.

Van Gaal finished the press conference by concluding: "I give you this and you can see that the blue ones are the good ones because long balls are also very difficult, which is why I began with the explanation of ball possession.

"When you have 60 per cent ball possession you cannot play long balls. So again, they did it 71 (per cent) and we 49, and I give it to you, you can copy it and then maybe you can go to Big Sam and he will get a good interpretation.

Looks like he is loosing it. 

aa vishyam ardam avtune undi 

technically 3  5  2 formation is becoming 3  6  1 and that 1 forward is getting covered by atleast 2 defenders and goal keeper...gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476

Guest chittimallu21

absolutely rattled  :lol:

One thing I cant agree with Fat Sam though .... “We couldn’t cope with 'long-ball United', it was 'thump it forward and see what they could get'. In the end it paid off."  

United really didnt succeed with the long balls though, it was the scramble for ball in the box during injury time where everyone was throwing everything to get that last minute equalizer got them that one point.....