• Suhaas

• KeyserSoze

Southampton,

Manchester United,

Tottenham,

Arsenal,

Liverpool 

West Ham in tightest battle for Champions League in nine years

The battle for Champions League football is the tightest it has been since the 2005/06 season, analysis shows.

With just 14 matches of the Premier League season remaining, a host of teams remain in contention for the top-four positions that with them bring access to Europe's elite competition.

League leaders Chelsea and reigning champions Manchester Cityappear nailed on to secure their places amongst the top four but after that the picture is less clear.

Southampton in third through Manchester UnitedTottenham,ArsenalLiverpool to West Ham in eighth all retain a genuine chance of finishing the season in the much coveted positions.

The six teams occupying 3rd to 8th in the table are separated by just eight points and as the weekend's matches showed - withTottenham beating Arsenal and West Ham holding Manchester United - the battle between them is almost impossible to call

Guest chittimallu21

Southampton,

Manchester United,

Tottenham,

Arsenal,

Liverpool 

West Ham in tightest battle for Champions League in nine years

The battle for Champions League football is the tightest it has been since the 2005/06 season, analysis shows.

With just 14 matches of the Premier League season remaining, a host of teams remain in contention for the top-four positions that with them bring access to Europe's elite competition.

League leaders Chelsea and reigning champions Manchester Cityappear nailed on to secure their places amongst the top four but after that the picture is less clear.

Southampton in third through Manchester UnitedTottenham,ArsenalLiverpool to West Ham in eighth all retain a genuine chance of finishing the season in the much coveted positions.

The six teams occupying 3rd to 8th in the table are separated by just eight points and as the weekend's matches showed - withTottenham beating Arsenal and West Ham holding Manchester United - the battle between them is almost impossible to call

anyone can be in Europe. Wenger is confident about the european spot but I think its very very tight this time around. 

Southampton: They are a surprise package this season. Last year summer lo players and pochettino ellipoyaka I thought the club will battle for relegation but what Koeman did with this new team was just amazing. There was a huge outburst from a section of fans about the exodus last summer but things have totally changed now and I will agree without shame that I did NOT expect them to be where they are now in February after they played all the top teams twice already. I think they deserve to be in europe more than anyone else in england. If they lose that european spot then there is no soul in football and its not justice either. 

Arsenal: Its a regular business for wenger and the team to be in the europe. Every year they face the same issue if they will be in europe or not but somehow manage to be there and its happened for the last consecutive 16 years which is a massive record with the amount of funds the club had after that stadium. Just like any season the heat is on wenger to claim the 4th spot trophy and they are definitely in the mix with only a point or two below it.  Sanchez has been top signing and has carried the team for a long time in the beginning of the season. His inspirational work has boosted others to chip in and cazorla is a classic example. Ozil needs to step up, he has been very mediocre so far for arsenal except the beginning of 2013-14 season. I wish Wenger uses Akpom a lot more now that Sanogo, Poldi and Campbell are gone. Coquelin is a major boost for the team in the defensive half of the midfield. Injuries are always a curse for arsenal more than any team. But with the quality on the pitch and on the bench they should be able to get that spot. 

Manchester United: Spent a lot of money last summer but could not get them firing on all cylinders. With an experienced head like LVG who tasted league success in other parts of europe and with quality additions like DiMaria, Blind and Herrera and also with the decent additions like Rojo and Shaw (overpaid though) they had some injuries which set them back but failing to get that european spot would be a disaster considering all the money spent.  Definitely have a shot at european spot but LVG's tactics are questionable as he is underusing Rooney, the heart of man united. The way he deployed DiMaria as a forward was also laughable :lol: Also I guess Falcao will be out of OT come may. Their best player is David De Gea so far and without him they would have been around 7th position. 

Spurs: Had a slow start for theseason but once again Pochettino has worked wonders with the Lily White boys. The way he promoted Kane over the disastrous Soldado needs to be applauded and it worked wonders for them. Bentaleb in the midfield has been very solid for them. Lloris is a rock at the back but I dont think they might get that CL spot. Might get europa spot though but I could be wrong.

West Ham: Surely Liverpool fans must be mad at the way Carroll is performing for west ham :lol:  Carroll, Song and above all Downing has been their best players. Not to forget their GK Adrian, he has been pretty solid at the back. Happy to see Jenkinson getting good play time and he has been doing well for them. Dont see them getting UCL or Europa either but can definitely build on what have achieved so far

anyone can be in Europe. Wenger is confident about the european spot but I think its very very tight this time around. 

Southampton: They are a surprise package this season. Last year summer lo players and pochettino ellipoyaka I thought the club will battle for relegation but what Koeman did with this new team was just amazing. There was a huge outburst from a section of fans about the exodus last summer but things have totally changed now and I will agree without shame that I did NOT expect them to be where they are now in February after they played all the top teams twice already. I think they deserve to be in europe more than anyone else in england. If they lose that european spot then there is no soul in football and its not justice either. 

Arsenal: Its a regular business for wenger and the team to be in the europe. Every year they face the same issue if they will be in europe or not but somehow manage to be there and its happened for the last consecutive 16 years which is a massive record with the amount of funds the club had after that stadium. Just like any season the heat is on wenger to claim the 4th spot trophy and they are definitely in the mix with only a point or two below it.  Sanchez has been top signing and has carried the team for a long time in the beginning of the season. His inspirational work has boosted others to chip in and cazorla is a classic example. Ozil needs to step up, he has been very mediocre so far for arsenal except the beginning of 2013-14 season. I wish Wenger uses Akpom a lot more now that Sanogo, Poldi and Campbell are gone. Coquelin is a major boost for the team in the defensive half of the midfield. Injuries are always a curse for arsenal more than any team. But with the quality on the pitch and on the bench they should be able to get that spot. 

Manchester United: Spent a lot of money last summer but could not get them firing on all cylinders. With an experienced head like LVG who tasted league success in other parts of europe and with quality additions like DiMaria, Blind and Herrera and also with the decent additions like Rojo and Shaw (overpaid though) they had some injuries which set them back but failing to get that european spot would be a disaster considering all the money spent.  Definitely have a shot at european spot but LVG's tactics are questionable as he is underusing Rooney, the heart of man united. The way he deployed DiMaria as a forward was also laughable :lol: Also I guess Falcao will be out of OT come may. Their best player is David De Gea so far and without him they would have been around 7th position. 

Spurs: Had a slow start for theseason but once again Pochettino has worked wonders with the Lily White boys. The way he promoted Kane over the disastrous Soldado needs to be applauded and it worked wonders for them. Bentaleb in the midfield has been very solid for them. Lloris is a rock at the back but I dont think they might get that CL spot. Might get europa spot though but I could be wrong.

West Ham: Surely Liverpool fans must be mad at the way Carroll is performing for west ham :lol:  Carroll, Song and above all Downing has been their best players. Not to forget their GK Adrian, he has been pretty solid at the back. Happy to see Jenkinson getting good play time and he has been doing well for them. Dont see them getting UCL or Europa either but can definitely build on what have achieved so far

sHa_clap4  sHa_clap4

Guest chittimallu21

neevi kuda post cheyyi 

I guess this is how it will end based on what we have seen so far.......

1) Shiit

2) Citeh

3) Arsenal 

4) Manure

5) Saints

but I want this way

1) Citeh

2) Shiit

3) Saints

4) Arsenal

5) Manure

1) Shiit

2) Citeh

3) Arsenal 

4) Manure

5) Saints

but I want this way

1) Citeh

2) Shiit

3) Saints

4) Arsenal

5) Manure

Saints shortness of depth and fixtures tho kastam emo anipisthundi last daka injuries ayithey

1) Shiit

2) Citeh

3) Arsenal 

4) Manure

5) Saints

but I want this way

1) Citeh

2) Shiit

3) Saints

4) Arsenal

5) Manure

ee joke bagundi gallery_8818_6_385253.gif?1367349476