2% extra charge if you use your debit/credit card

mastercheif

4 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

No as such but if you have more transaction the rent for POS machine at a merchant will be waived off by a bank...

you don't see the obvious problem with such a system?

A system that encourages bigger players more than the smaller ones?

How can you remain neutral? I understand there is a hope that there might be some positive out of this all. I hope that it is the reason.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• Ara_Tenkai

• mastercheif

• Kool_SRG

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

higher volume merchants will have better deals with their banks.

the 2% the smaller merchants charge, is charged to them by the bank. They have to pass it on to you.

+1

Aah pedda merchants ki volumes ekkuva vuntayi ga aah amount anta ah bank current account ki veltadi so they have to waive of rent, else the merchant will say i will look in to another bank..

3 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

+1

Aah pedda merchants ki volumes ekkuva vuntayi ga aah amount anta ah bank current account ki veltadi so they have to waive of rent, else the merchant will say i will look in to another bank..

Its not just the rent. The credit card payment system is beset with risks like, product returns.

in normal cash transaction, when customer returns a product for any reason, the risk is with the business owner. In a cashless system, the risk is spread. So banks charge a small percentage to take that risk.

16 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Also its very hard to get a merchant account with a bank.

oorikey andaru kalalu kantunnaru. Bank loses a lot if the payment doesn't go through, and won't hand out merchant accounts like candy.

Yes u are right!! then what is the solution,  cash economy lo black money stash avuthundiga!! Manavallu evaru IT returns kuda file cheyaruga?? 

Just wanted to know

5 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Yes u are right!! then what is the solution,  cash economy lo black money stash avuthundiga!! Manavallu evaru IT returns kuda file cheyaruga?? 

Just wanted to know

solution nuvvu nenu cheppe antha easy kaadu man...Antha simple aye unte yeppodo chese vallu.

but its funny to see this post now, 2months dayars tear chesaru ippudu helpless ga talking.

2 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Just wanted to know

first you have to understand how tax system works. India used to have sales tax in the 90s. full andaru eggottaru taxes. US lo kooda same system. US lo entha mandi eggodthaaro oka saari kanukko. you'll be surprised.

anyway. Taravata VAT system thechharu ga. baaga thaggindi, because tax for a product is spread across the supply chain. So eggottaali antey, u have to do illegal business. verey daari ledhu. AYna eggodthunnaru. Evaru eggodthunnaru?

VAT kindha raani vaallu (like real estate, customer facing retail sellers etc). So the solution is to bring real estate into the fold, and audit these companies more and more.

India came up with GST (which I don't agree with). I prefer cross VAT system like in Europe. But India took the lazy route towards GST.

The idea is to identify the businesses where black money is in abundance and attack them. Cashless won't solve the problem of black money. 

1 minute ago, mastercheif said:

solution nuvvu nenu cheppe antha easy kaadu man...Antha simple aye unte yeppodo chese vallu.

but its funny to see this post now, 2months dayars tear chesaru ippudu helpless ga talking.

I dont blame anyone or mark it as wrong without having a solution!!

One thing I know is cash based economy is not good for a country!!

mana desham lo black money ledu ani anakandi!! So i am trying to find a solution as what other countries are doing and mana medhavula thoughts etc

dont take it offensively

7 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Just wanted to know

Businesses VAT sarigga kattatledu. Nuvvemo IT returns daaka vellipoyav.

daanni aapatam chetha kaani govt, bank lo padina lakhs of crores ni audit chesi, evaridi white, evaridi black ani chepthundanta. comedy kaakapothey.

The only solution is to make VAT compulsory. reduce stamp duty. plenty of things to do, man.

Modi is not smart enough, and doesn't have the right people around him. He's just swinging for the fences and hope his sh1t hits something worthwhile.

India elected a rank moron as PM.

3 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Cash print cheyadaniki money avasaremga! Every 2000rs note ki 3:50 rps karchu anta!! 

govt ki kharchu avthundi ani, aa kharchuni prajala meedha toyyaala?

oka 2000rs note enni transactions cheyyochu? so the cost of 3.5rs is miniscule. Its probably less than 0.0000001%

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

first you have to understand how tax system works. India used to have sales tax in the 90s. full andaru eggottaru taxes. US lo kooda same system. US lo entha mandi eggodthaaro oka saari kanukko. you'll be surprised.

anyway. Taravata VAT system thechharu ga. baaga thaggindi, because tax for a product is spread across the supply chain. So eggottaali antey, u have to do illegal business. verey daari ledhu. AYna eggodthunnaru. Evaru eggodthunnaru?

VAT kindha raani vaallu (like real estate, customer facing retail sellers etc). So the solution is to bring real estate into the fold, and audit these companies more and more.

India came up with GST (which I don't agree with). I prefer cross VAT system like in Europe. But India took the lazy route towards GST.

The idea is to identify the businesses where black money is in abundance and attack them. Cashless won't solve the problem of black money. 

I agree with your answer, but small scale lo jarigedi enduku apakudadu?? Like cinema halls, function halls, restaurants, hotels, petrol bunks, super markets, schools, colleges. We need to find a solution right!! 

6 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Cash print cheyadaniki money avasaremga! Every 2000rs note ki 3:50 rps karchu anta!! 

ala aithey, Govt can bear the entire cost of cashless transactions. It can construct and pay for the infra for cashless, and make it seamless for the citizen.

can the govt do it? No. It'll be too expensive for them. They want citizens to take care of the cost themselves.

They want things to be easy for them (the govt bureaucrats). cashless will mean, they can easily see where the money goes. But at what cost, is the question.

citizens job is not to make it easy for their govt. Its govt's job to make things easy for the citizens.

4 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

Businesses VAT sarigga kattatledu. Nuvvemo IT returns daaka vellipoyav.

daanni aapatam chetha kaani govt, bank lo padina lakhs of crores ni audit chesi, evaridi white, evaridi black ani chepthundanta. comedy kaakapothey.

The only solution is to make VAT compulsory. reduce stamp duty. plenty of things to do, man.

Modi is not smart enough, and doesn't have the right people around him. He's just swinging for the fences and hope his sh1t hits something worthwhile.

India elected a rank moron as PM.

Yes i dont agree Modi is smart enough!! Rather i agree every politician is dumb in India. VAT is a good example but adi kuda cash lo pay chestunnanduke govt chudaledu kada!! Kejrival anduke VAT app techadu so that people bill teesukoni upload chesthe govt can scrutinize ani.. but people dont want bill for obvious reasons