2% extra charge if you use your debit/credit card

mastercheif

Just now, lazybugger said:

ala aithey, Govt can bear the entire cost of cashless transactions. It can construct and pay for the infra for cashless, and make it seamless for the citizen.

can the govt do it? No. It'll be too expensive for them. They want citizens to take care of the cost themselves.

They want things to be easy for them (the govt bureaucrats). cashless will mean, they can easily see where the money goes. But at what cost, is the question.

citizens job is not to make it easy for their govt. Its govt's job to make things easy for the citizens.

Nenu people meeda thoyamani anatle!! We need to find a solution antunna like govt or banks has to pay or some thing like that

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazybugger

• Ara_Tenkai

• mastercheif

• Kool_SRG

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

I agree with your answer, but small scale lo jarigedi enduku apakudadu?? Like cinema halls, function halls, restaurants, hotels, petrol bunks, super markets, schools, colleges. We need to find a solution right!! 

First thing. small scale lo jarigey vanni, it is not center's purview. VAT is completely state subject (atleast until GST passes).

cashless is not the right solution ani chepthunna ga. Its a convenience. If govt. wants to really go cashless, they have to take the infra burden for the entire system, and make it as cheap as dealing in cash.

4 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Yes i dont agree Modi is smart enough!! Rather i agree every politician is dumb in India. VAT is a good example but adi kuda cash lo pay chestunnanduke govt chudaledu kada!! Kejrival anduke VAT app techadu so that people bill teesukoni upload chesthe govt can scrutinize ani.. but people dont want bill for obvious reasons

You have to understand one thing. VAT is spread across the system. Only the customer facing retail businesses can avoid VAT. That means almost 75-90% of VAT is paid.

If the retailer doesn't pay his VAT, he won't get his rebate too. The loss to exchequer is not much.

But, this is not true for sectors where VAT doesn't apply. Like real estate. First they have to bring real estate into VAT purview.

5 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Nenu people meeda thoyamani anatle!! We need to find a solution antunna like govt or banks has to pay or some thing like that

UPI/BHIM is a good initiative. Govt should improve on that to make that mode of payment the most preferred one.

I'm okay if that happens. Even if illiterate people may have trouble initially adjusting to it, they may get used to it eventually.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

First thing. small scale lo jarigey vanni, it is not center's purview. VAT is completely state subject (atleast until GST passes).

cashless is not the right solution ani chepthunna ga. Its a convenience. If govt. wants to really go cashless, they have to take the infra burden for the entire system, and make it as cheap as dealing in cash.

I agree with you there is no denial!! But cash valla pay cheyadamlo transaction jariginatte teliyatle kada!! Ex oka function hall rent teesukunnam1L pay chesam!! No bill mari how can u stop those ani na question 

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

You have to understand one thing. VAT is spread across the system. Only the customer facing retail businesses can avoid VAT. That means almost 75-90% of VAT is paid.

If the retailer doesn't pay his VAT, he won't get his rebate too. The loss to exchequer is not much.

But, this is not true for sectors where VAT doesn't apply. Like real estate. First they have to bring real estate into VAT purview.

This is absolutely true if it is goods but service sector scenario doesnt come under it right!!

1 minute ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

I agree with you there is no denial!! But cash valla pay cheyadamlo transaction jariginatte teliyatle kada!! Ex oka function hall rent teesukunnam1L pay chesam!! No bill mari how can u stop those ani na question 

cheppina kadha. Govt has to target such businesses. Enni untaayi alaanti businesses cheppu oka city lo?

oka 10,000 untaaya? they can easily audit them regularly to check for tax evasion.

State govts should take tax issues seriously. Govt in India is too lazy. bureaucrats are glory hunters (That TG lady secretary).

I don't want the entire system to suffer because they couldn't catch those 10000 businesses.

1 minute ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

This is absolutely true if it is goods but service sector scenario doesnt come under it right!!

yes. I forgot that part. How silly that service tax is paid to the center (the state doesn't even bother to collect it properly).

They should simply put service tax in the same bracket as goods (like GST has done anyway). I have other problems with the GST, that is beyond the scope of this discussion.

2 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

cheppina kadha. Govt has to target such businesses. Enni untaayi alaanti businesses cheppu oka city lo?

oka 10,000 untaaya? they can easily audit them regularly to check for tax evasion.

State govts should take tax issues seriously. Govt in India is too lazy. bureaucrats are glory hunters (That TG lady secretary).

I don't want the entire system to suffer because they couldn't catch those 10000 businesses.

Govt shd take tax issues seriously na!! Ade unte ee discussion manaki vachede kadu kada bhayya!!

nenu cheppina business enni unna its a lot of money right!!

mana vallu tax evasion chese sariki govt goods meeda taxes penchuthundi!! Iphone 20000 ekkuva, tvs ayithe 200% extra charge!! Deeni valla upper middle class kuda luxury items konaleru!! There is no need just cheptunna

Also commercial tax office is among the most corrupt in India. 

When there is such systemic issues in India, how can cashless solve the problem of tax leakage? The same tax collectors will waive off taxes, even when digital records are there.

1 minute ago, lazybugger said:

When there is such systemic issues in India, how can cashless solve the problem of tax leakage? The same tax collectors will waive off taxes, even when digital records are there.

Corruption kuda cash lone jaruguddi kada!! Cashless valla konchem ayina taggudani na feeling.

ex: hyd police janalani pattukovadam manesaru!! Red signal datithe pic teesi intiki pamputharu!! 500 fine intiki vastundi. Govt is paying 50-100 to the police who took the pic!! Win-win

3 minutes ago, lazybugger said:

I agree cashless okkate corruption apadu it needs govt surveillance too but to some extent making everything online and cashless will reduce the corruption. Its just my feeling

3 minutes ago, Ara_Tenkai said:

Govt shd take tax issues seriously na!! Ade unte ee discussion manaki vachede kadu kada bhayya!!

nenu cheppina business enni unna its a lot of money right!!

mana vallu tax evasion chese sariki govt goods meeda taxes penchuthundi!! Iphone 20000 ekkuva, tvs ayithe 200% extra charge!! Deeni valla upper middle class kuda luxury items konaleru!! There is no need just cheptunna

I mean, instead of glory hunting. I hate bureaucrats who appear in the media.

anyway, lets see if govt will take on the cost of cashless transactions, and make it easy for indian people to transact without cash.

There are other problems with it. Like international financial players gaining a lot from such a system, unless the govt owns the entire domestic infrastructure.