40+ years indians life in usa, is it worth it

andhrafan85

7 hours ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  just as a middle class ppl laga bratikithe chalu india lo , no need to send kids to international schools. US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. Manam inka enni years bratukutamo teliyadu ee stress life style lo and also parents india lo enni rojulu inka untaro kooda teliyadu so unna short time lo enjoy chey vallatho    Just satisfy avvu ippati varaku usa lo earn chesina money tho 

Neeku vellali anipisthe just book flights and velli po anthe. do not compare with any desi people in us. 

++++++

3 hours ago, nagchiru said:

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

after 10 years kooda indian lo same situation untadi kada poy emi cheysthav? ikkadey retire ayy ,  ikkadey remaining panulu kooda cheyseyamanu appudu mathram anni problems unna india enduku? poye eppudu sontha vooru kaavala?

12 minutes ago, iam_who_iam said:

after 10 years kooda indian lo same situation untadi kada poy emi cheysthav? ikkadey retire ayy ,  ikkadey remaining panulu kooda cheyseyamanu appudu mathram anni problems unna india enduku? poye eppudu sontha vooru kaavala?

Exaggerating to the next level...its just the mindset of such people...

4 hours ago, nagchiru said:

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

uncle better u stick to USA it would be best for you... looks like ur mindset is same as back in 2000's 

8 weeks spend chesi u didn't explore anything uncle.... 

44 minutes ago, iam_who_iam said:

Lol..naku ade ardam kala

5 hours ago, nagchiru said:

good luck 

Did you go to India or Iraq

After my recent trip to india below are my observations

1) pollution: definitega ekkuva ayindi..i observed it when i am travelling on bike..but i dint see this problem when i am traveling in car...i dnt see this as a prblm to move back as i can afford a car

2) Climate: 1st 2-3 doola terchesindi...i felt like its too hot...but 1st week tarvata i got used to it

3)I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water: ofcourse yes, but cant a NRI afford it? or buy some purifier?..neyavva USlo house kontene purifier pettukuntunnaru...i dont see it as a prblm to move back

2) Commute: it depends to whr and when you are  commuting

3) opportunities: plan and move only  when you got it

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely? lol..to whom? this is a joke

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs...If you are picking a shitty one and complaining...no one can help

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc...things changed a lot..people changed a lot..i am ok with it...we had all this discrimination and liberations going on in the society when i am a kid...i still enjoyed my childhood...i am sure my next gen will not have a prblm with it

Its all personal preference..if your family is here and anni UStho compare chestu chuskunte there is no point in moving...but i have my family and friends there...nenu oka week sick aite nannu chuskodaniki chala mandi unnaru...USlo operation lantivi jarigina anni maname cheskovali...and My wife felt i am more happier there in india compare to here in US...i dont how she felt it

Conclusion: Initial plan was to move back by 2022 and now trying to move back by 2020

6 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

1) pollution: definitega ekkuva ayindi..i observed it when i am travelling on bike..but i dint see this problem when i am traveling in car...i dnt see this as a prblm to move back as i can afford a car

2) Climate: 1st 2-3 doola terchesindi...i felt like its too hot...but 1st week tarvata i got used to it

3)I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water: ofcourse yes, but cant a NRI afford it? or buy some purifier?..neyavva USlo house kontene purifier pettukuntunnaru...i dont see it as a prblm to move back

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs...If you are picking a shitty one and complaining...no one can help

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc...things changed a lot..people changed a lot..i am ok with it...we had all this discrimination and liberations going on in the society when i am a kid...i still enjoyed my childhood...i am sure my next gen will not have a prblm with it

Its all personal preference..if your family is here and anni UStho compare chestu chuskunte there is no point in moving...but i have my family and friends there...nenu oka week sick aite nannu chuskodaniki chala mandi unnaru...USlo operation lantivi jarigina anni maname cheskovali...and My wife felt i am more happier there in india compare to here in US...i dont how she felt it

Conclusion: Initial plan was to move back by 2022 and now trying to move back by 2020

nee age entha ba

31 minutes ago, greensboro said:

India ki poyi brathakatam kante nigeria lo brathakatam melu man

Uncle nee lanti valla kosame Eritrea Ethiopia Somalia lanti deshalu waiting direct citizenship istharu

1 hour ago, idibezwada said:

Correct. India gurinchi negative points chebtaru but usa lo unnavi matram kanabadavu. Endukante usa vadu kanabadakunda lo lopala estadu. Asalu usa lo enni rogalu cheppandi asalu entha mandiki cancers o. Mari ikkada pollution ledu kada enduku inni rogalostunnay. ikkada nuvvu kone food items entha danger o telusa, super ga pack chesi neat ga pettesariki avanni fresh n super food anukuntaru but vati thone cancers and other diseases vastunnay. inka health insurance companies and doctor's motham scam. tondaraga doctor daggarikellalante emergency room antaru and un covered by insurance procedures antaru finally bill vachipotadi. inka manalni thellollu ekkadikellina verela treat chestaru becaise of brown. kids repu ninnu pattinchukoru ikkada penchithe