40+ years indians life in usa, is it worth it

andhrafan85

9 hours ago, nagchiru said:

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

Oh my mad india ila undaaaa damn.  Marchipoya india lo ela untundo kuda @~`

Are they still using rupees ?

3 hours ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Correct. India gurinchi negative points chebtaru but usa lo unnavi matram kanabadavu. Endukante usa vadu kanabadakunda lo lopala estadu. Asalu usa lo enni rogalu cheppandi asalu entha mandiki cancers o. Mari ikkada pollution ledu kada enduku inni rogalostunnay. ikkada nuvvu kone food items entha danger o telusa, super ga pack chesi neat ga pettesariki avanni fresh n super food anukuntaru but vati thone cancers and other diseases vastunnay. inka health insurance companies and doctor's motham scam. tondaraga doctor daggarikellalante emergency room antaru and un covered by insurance procedures antaru finally bill vachipotadi. inka manalni thellollu ekkadikellina verela treat chestaru becaise of brown. kids repu ninnu pattinchukoru ikkada penchithe

US lo kooda pollution undi untundi ledani evarannaru, plus most of those cancers that you spoke about are linked to eating mostly processed foods. Ikkadollu mostly microwaved foods avanni thinevaru or pre packaged foods full of preservatives those are the ones that mostly cause those cancers, if you eat good organic food that you prepare everyday avanni raavu. Also, some of those cancers you have mentioned are skin cancers which we all know affect people with lower melanin content like White people, we wouldn't have that problem. As a precautionary measure you could use good polarized sunglasses for your eyes and a good sun block to minimize this exposure when you go out in the sun. 

Atleast ikkada Organic food ante it's thoroughly tested, India lo kalthi food ammesi label esi pettina you can't do anything. Plus unlike here it's very tough for you there to bring those people to court and sue them even if you find out the food is adulterated. Life expentancy is more in the US compared to India, that's another thing. 

Agree with the medical setup scam in the US esp if you don't have good coverage, this won't affect you as badly though if you have good medical coverage. For life threatening emergency situations, hospital care and facilities in the US are the best in the world. Thellollu manalni ela choostharo why do you care so much, there are some who would treat you like an equal while there are some that don't. India lo nuvvu Delhi ki velithey North Indian gallandaru ninnu equal ga choosthara? Go ask some North East people how they get treated in their own nation. 

LTT for Monday's..!

good observations but they are mostly theoretical...practical ga emavutundo I guess very few have an idea..

few valid points but from looking at another angle, they aren't problems really

and, I'm sure the kids are American born and raised citizens...vallu Meetho elago vundaru...once they done with high school, it's not a bad idea to move to india and join them in a better graduate school and for MS, send them back to US and you say back in india...

1 minute ago, Bhai said:

No

It's true. Some cities in Africa have very good infrastructure as well. The improvished parts of Africa are mostly in the Sub Saharan region of Africa, there are parts of India along the Bihar/UP belt that can match Sub Saharan Africa in terms of how under developed they are. 

Eppudu kaalu pettaleda UP/Bihar area lo? 

1 minute ago, Android_Halwa said:

LTT for Monday's..!

good observations but they are mostly theoretical...practical ga emavutundo I guess very few have an idea..

few valid points but from looking at another angle, they aren't problems really

and, I'm sure the kids are American born and raised citizens...vallu Meetho elago vundaru...once they done with high school, it's not a bad idea to move to india and join them in a better graduate school and for MS, send them back to US and you say back in india...

Nuvvu cheppindi artham kaale, stay with them till they are done with high school in US or take them back to India and let them complete their schooling in India? 

3 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

Money unte po lekapote vaddu.. India lo middle class life kante US lo middle class life much better.. But if you have money US lo life kante India lo upper class life anytime better..

57 minutes ago, insighter242 said:

ezzzzactly

Oka 10C ista ante USA lo Indians lo oka 90% next 30 days lo jump avutaru India ki.. 

India lo how much money speaks ane daaniki oka example memu unde veedhi chivara oka Setti gari family undedi.. After trying to conceive for years they had a son at a very late age.. The son was born prematurely and had a lot of health issues... At 15 years he had the mental capacity of a 7 year old.. he spoke small words and mostly kept to himself and always failed the classes.. Finally with much trying I think he passed tenth class.. Recently I saw on facebook that he is married to a very good looking girl.. Reason why his father made of lot of money in his business and he is the only son. So people were really lining up to give their daughter to him.. On the other hand my dad was a govt employee with not much assets.. Even though I am in the US in FT job not many offers are coming. Also no one in India care about NRIs these days.. NRIs are like bakaras for real estate cheating and money exploitation mostly..

2 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Oka 10C ista ante USA lo Indians lo oka 90% next 30 days lo jump avutaru India ki.. 

India lo how much money speaks ane daaniki oka example memu unde veedhi chivara oka Setti gari family undedi.. After trying to conceive for years they had a son at a very late age.. The son was born prematurely and had a lot of health issues... At 15 years he had the mental capacity of a 7 year old.. he spoke small words and mostly kept to himself and always failed the classes.. Finally with much trying I think he passed tenth class.. Recently I saw on facebook that he is married to a very good looking girl.. Reason why his father made of lot of money in his business and he is the only son. So people were really lining up to give their child to her.. On the other hand my dad was a govt employee with not much assets.. Even though I am in the US in FT job not many offers are coming.

Arranged marriage antene antha ga mari, all about your paisa. 

5 hours ago, princeofheaven said:

Did you go to India or Iraq

Monna PK movie baledannanduke phone lu chesi champestham annaru PK fans Mahesh Kathi gadini, adi freedom of expression antava. 

8 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

naku ardam ayindi enti ante...suthi methati manasu undi...vechati methati pink towel lanti vallaki USlo hayiga untadi...same observed in frnd circle as well

Pink towel endi

Just now, idibezwada said:

lol...not all arranged marriages are about paisa...you better change your perspective man

Maybe some are not, but 90% of what I saw are about paisa. Maybe your opinion differs. 

Aa matram daniki perspective ela maripotundi.