40+ years indians life in usa, is it worth it

andhrafan85

5 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Money unte po lekapote vaddu.. India lo middle class life kante US lo middle class life much better.. But if you have money US lo life kante India lo upper class life anytime better..

Period

33 minutes ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Correct. India gurinchi negative points chebtaru but usa lo unnavi matram kanabadavu. Endukante usa vadu kanabadakunda lo lopala estadu. Asalu usa lo enni rogalu cheppandi asalu entha mandiki cancers o. Mari ikkada pollution ledu kada enduku inni rogalostunnay. ikkada nuvvu kone food items entha danger o telusa, super ga pack chesi neat ga pettesariki avanni fresh n super food anukuntaru but vati thone cancers and other diseases vastunnay. inka health insurance companies and doctor's motham scam. tondaraga doctor daggarikellalante emergency room antaru and un covered by insurance procedures antaru finally bill vachipotadi. inka manalni thellollu ekkadikellina verela treat chestaru becaise of brown. kids repu ninnu pattinchukoru ikkada penchithe

well said

11 hours ago, andhrafan85 said:

will reach 40 in 5 years and thinking if this is all worth, waiting for GC for 10+ years etc..

one single suggestion if you are serious about going back either pre arrange a job you can tolerate or setup a business before relocating rest of the other things like pollution, water , people etc are secondary and you will either tolerate or eliminate them

11 hours ago, Merabharathmahan said:

Mee parents india lo inka unte vellipo with ur kid n wife. Evadini suggestion or opinion adagaku india move avvadam meeda. Evarinanna adigithe inka okokkadu okoti chebtaru, savings 10 crores undalani and india lo job undalani and inka india lo rich area lo illu unda ani and kid ni international school ki send cheyadaniki dabbulunnaya ani, also they talk about pollution and power cuts...etc.  just as a middle class ppl laga bratikithe chalu india lo , no need to send kids to international schools. US lo life without parents and between this mixed ppl is worst. Manam inka enni years bratukutamo teliyadu ee stress life style lo and also parents india lo enni rojulu inka untaro kooda teliyadu so unna short time lo enjoy chey vallatho    Just satisfy avvu ippati varaku usa lo earn chesina money tho 

Neeku vellali anipisthe just book flights and velli po anthe. do not compare with any desi people in us. 

Even I think the same way.  Its totally an individual opinion because everybody has a different outlook on their life. What matters is how much happy you are.

Konthamandhiki india ki velladam ishtam untadhi after spending some years in USA its totally up to each individual.

Money is a never ending story. 10 crs sampadhinchaka inkokadu vachchi 15crs untey baaguntaayi antaadu so again cycle starts. I totally agree with you what you said in your post. Cheers.

2 hours ago, idibezwada said:

After my recent trip to india below are my observations

1) pollution: definitega ekkuva ayindi..i observed it when i am travelling on bike..but i dint see this problem when i am traveling in car...i dnt see this as a prblm to move back as i can afford a car

2) Climate: 1st 2-3 doola terchesindi...i felt like its too hot...but 1st week tarvata i got used to it

3)I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water: ofcourse yes, but cant a NRI afford it? or buy some purifier?..neyavva USlo house kontene purifier pettukuntunnaru...i dont see it as a prblm to move back

2) Commute: it depends to whr and when you are  commuting

3) opportunities: plan and move only  when you got it

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely? lol..to whom? this is a joke

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs...If you are picking a shitty one and complaining...no one can help

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc...things changed a lot..people changed a lot..i am ok with it...we had all this discrimination and liberations going on in the society when i am a kid...i still enjoyed my childhood...i am sure my next gen will not have a prblm with it

Its all personal preference..if your family is here and anni UStho compare chestu chuskunte there is no point in moving...but i have my family and friends there...nenu oka week sick aite nannu chuskodaniki chala mandi unnaru...USlo operation lantivi jarigina anni maname cheskovali...and My wife felt i am more happier there in india compare to here in US...i dont how she felt it

Conclusion: Initial plan was to move back by 2022 and now trying to move back by 2020

@idibezwada, akkada GC, everything in India looks shitty.

2 hours ago, idibezwada said:

1) pollution: definitega ekkuva ayindi..i observed it when i am travelling on bike..but i dint see this problem when i am traveling in car...i dnt see this as a prblm to move back as i can afford a car

2) Climate: 1st 2-3 doola terchesindi...i felt like its too hot...but 1st week tarvata i got used to it

3)I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water: ofcourse yes, but cant a NRI afford it? or buy some purifier?..neyavva USlo house kontene purifier pettukuntunnaru...i dont see it as a prblm to move back

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs...If you are picking a shitty one and complaining...no one can help

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc...things changed a lot..people changed a lot..i am ok with it...we had all this discrimination and liberations going on in the society when i am a kid...i still enjoyed my childhood...i am sure my next gen will not have a prblm with it

Its all personal preference..if your family is here and anni UStho compare chestu chuskunte there is no point in moving...but i have my family and friends there...nenu oka week sick aite nannu chuskodaniki chala mandi unnaru...USlo operation lantivi jarigina anni maname cheskovali...and My wife felt i am more happier there in india compare to here in US...i dont how she felt it

Conclusion: Initial plan was to move back by 2022 and now trying to move back by 2020

Its all personal preference..if your family is here and anni UStho compare chestu chuskunte there is no point in moving. Very True.  Adaptability lenidhi velladam waste. Mundhey thelusthadhi ga what to expect and what not to expect. Naaku same USA lifestyle verey country lo kaavalantey how is it possible... Mari USA ki vachchey tappudu India lo unattu mana family untey baagundu ani endhuku anukoley because people adapt to the situations and climate.

2 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

Money unte po lekapote vaddu.. India lo middle class life kante US lo middle class life much better.. But if you have money US lo life kante India lo upper class life anytime better..

ezzzzactly

9 hours ago, nagchiru said:

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

Valid points. 

Infrastructure wise it's not even a fair comparison. USA is million times ahead of India when it comes to the roads, traffic maintenance, civic sense etc. Comparison not valid because you are comparing a developing nation with a huge population to a much bigger much more developed nation with more resources. So you have to adjust with a sub par infrastructure. 

Also education for kids will be sub standard, at the end of the day if they aren't going to prepare for IITs/EAMCET etc they will have very few career options to choose from and reservations might impact you depending on your caste etc. So your kids won't be exposed to as many diverse career options as they would have in the US if they happen to go back to India. 

Much more polluted air and water is a reality, it will even get worse as Indians' population is going to increase multi fold in the coming decades placing a strain on an already fragile ecosystem. So yes be prepared to pay for basic necessities like water etc. Food will be a lot more adulterated than in the US as the checks and balances are much lesser than what they are here, plus the corruption is a lot higher. 

When it comes to starting your own business as well, Indian ranks among one of the worst nations when it comes to ease of doing business. So there's a lot of bureaucratic redtape and hoops you have to jump through even to get a permit to setup your own industry/business. 

At the end of the day, your kids will thank you if they get to grow here and explore all the different opportunities they can come across here compared to the opportunities in India. 

The above are the positives. 

As for the negatives of living in the US compared to India, some reasons would be 

1) Not being able to spend time with your parents at their later stages of life, you can of course offset this by trying to have them here for as much time as possible during the course of the year. 

Of course they will still be bored as they won't have the adaptability to adjust to the life here after living in India for so long so they might feel very bored living here but yeah that's a tough one to overcome. 

2) Healthcare system in the US although very advanced is a total rip off and is designed in such a way to maximize profits for the pharma and insurance companies while ripping off the middle class here. Of course it is useful when you have an extreme emergency etc but that said you would still end up paying a steep price unless you have a very very good health coverage. Other developed nations like Canada, UK, Australia are far better than US in this regard. 

3) Cultural issues and alienation/loneliness: Although this can be overcome to the most part at sometime I guess you will feel this being an alien in an alien land no matter what your residency status is. 

End of the day it's your personal call, good luck making the right one. 

I myself have these conflicts when I think about them but do what you think would make you happy in the long term. Even if you are unhappy in the short term, if you think the right decision would make you happy in the longer term go for that option. 

Another idea for you since you have a GC is to find a job that lets you stay for a few months in India and at the same time facilitate coming to the US when you want, that way you can have the best of both worlds. This isn't possible to 99% of the people on a visa and since you aren't one of them, use that option to your advantage. 

9 hours ago, nagchiru said:

I just turned 40, so I am eligible to reply ;)

I was in similar situation until 2013, but then I have decided to go to India and stay there for a longer period of time, not as visor who goes on a vacation visits few places and people, eats good food, feel nostalgic and returns back to USA.

This time I went there for 8 weeks with my family.. Here's my observation 

1) pollution: unfortunately India is not the same as around 5-7 years, there are lot many vehicles contributing  to air pollution, which I found is unberable.

water is of the worst quality. I have observed that people are accustomed to buying water, I am not sure about the quality and hygiene. Regarding the water supplied by city it's better to not even touch it. I felt that ground water is of much better quality.

2) Commute: Several people told me that a minimum of 2 hr commute per day is expected.

3) opportunities: very few compared to USA, other avenues are difficult to get into. 

4) freedom: can't express your opinion freely.

5)housing: a shitty apartment with no natural light and water is very expensive at 50-75 lakhs

6)people: difficult to adjust to the mindset of the people. Most of them are still stuck in 19th century. Not much progress in terms of religious freedom, discrimination, women's liberation etc.

there are several other things I am not writing here.

Homestly, I don't want to bring up my children in that environment.

Fortunately I got my GC, but it did not have any impact on my decision.

I have decided to stay here in USA for another 10 years and decide on returning then.

good luck 

Asalu nuvvu India anukuni e africa vellavemo o sari check chesuko

4 hours ago, idibezwada said:

It's very true, freedom in India is an illusion. Cult of personality/hero worship rules in India. Appatlo Sonia Gandhi meeda satire esadani evarino arrest chesaru. 

Even recently PK movies meeda edo opinion ichadani Mahesh Kathi ki champestham ani warnings icharu vaadi fans. So it's obvious, India lo there are a certain set of people including politicians, film stars who are larger than life and if you say anything critical about them people will get ready to come and kill you. Adi freedom of expression antava. 

Compared to that, even the President of the USA gets mocked routinely on a daily basis on TV, Internet, everywhere. That's the beauty of US no one will come and threaten or kill you if you mock anyone whether it be the most popular NFL star or the numero uno politician of the nation. 

1 minute ago, Bhai said:

Asalu nuvvu India anukuni e africa vellavemo o sari check chesuko

Peddaga theda em ledu rendintiki for the most part in terms of the infrastructure. Thanu cheppindi 100% right, nenu kooda ade observe chesa.