IPL 2018....Get all the latest news here...

CricPokChic

2 minutes ago, age_21 said:

ala chesthe player ki em use untadi 

Team ki player ki bonding..Vaallu agree ayyinake retain chestaaru daaniki agreement chestaaru...

Ippudu auction lo pettina dhoni ki 15 Cr ravatam not sure...

Retaining ki rules pettaru you can read them when free browse thru earlier pages in this thread...

IPL 2018: Lasith Malinga joins Mumbai Indians as bowling mentor

Mumbai Indians on Wednesday appointed Sri Lankan International and one of its longest serving member player, Lasith Malinga as the bowling mentor of the team.

Lasith Malinga, Lasith Malinga Mumbai Indians, MI Lasith Malinga, Lasith Malinga bowling, Lasith Malinga mentor, IPL,. sports news, cricket, Indian ExpressMumbai Indians owner Akash Ambani feels having Malinga as mentor will serve a great benefit to the young talents of the team. (Source: Express Archive)

Mumbai Indians on Wednesday appointed Sri Lankan International and one of its longest serving member player, Lasith Malinga as the bowling mentor of the team for the upcoming Indian Premier League season.

Malinga has been the core of Mumbai Indians winning combination in the last decade. The Sri Lankan has donned the prestigious Mumbai Indians jersey in 110 matches of the 157 games the franchise has played so far.

A veteran of over 20 ODIs and 300 T20s, Malinga will join the support staff headed by coach Mahela Jayawardane, bowling coach Shane Bond, batting coach Robin Singh and newly appointed fielding coach James Pemment.

“It’s a great opportunity to be present with, and an honour to continue my association with Mumbai Indians. Mumbai has been my home away from home for the last decade. As a player, I have enjoyed the journey with Mumbai Indians and now as mentor, I look forward to the new chapter,” said Malinga.

Mumbai Indians owner Akash Ambani feels having Malinga as mentor will serve a great benefit to the young talents of the team.

“Mumbai Indians has proven record of scouting and bringing forth the young talents at national stage. It will be a boon for these youngsters as well the established ones to have the combine force of Shane Bond and Lasith Malinga to back them,” said Akash Ambani.

IPL teams oppose proposal to change match timings

Star India, the official IPL broadcaster, had requested the BCCI for a change in timing, which the IPL governing council had accepted in principle during their last meeting at Bengaluru.

THE EIGHT IPL franchises have informed the BCCI about their objection to the proposed changes regarding the start times of all the matches during the 11th edition of the tournament. Star India, the official IPL broadcaster, had requested the BCCI for a change in timing, which the IPL governing council had accepted in principle during their last meeting at Bengaluru.

The BCCI had then sought the franchises’ view and it is learnt that all eight were on the same page in terms of sticking to the traditional start times. As per the proposed changes, the 8pm games were to be shifted to 7pm and the 4pm ones be postponed to 5:30 pm.

“There will be no problem on days with just a single match but there will be a big one when there are doubleheaders. They won’t get the complete three-hour quota and instead will have to share it with two matches. The overlap will result in one-and-a-half hours of each IPL match losing out on viewers,” a franchise official told The Indian Express.

There was also a proposal to advance the 4pm matches by an hour but the franchises don’t seem keen on that idea either. IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla stated the final decision on the matter would be taken soon.

• CricPokChic changed the title to IPL 2018...Match schedule yet to be decided.....

IPL 2018: Shane Warne Joins Rajasthan Royals As Team Mentor

Shane Warne was captain of Rajasthan Royals when they won the IPL in 2008.

IPL 2018: Shane Warne Joins Rajasthan Royals As Team Mentor

Former Australia leg-spinner Shane Warne will be a part of the Rajasthan Royals outfit as team mentor for this year's Indian Premier League (IPL). Warne took to Instagram and uploaded a video where he was seen making the announcement. "Got a huge announcement that I promised and that is that I will be joining the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL in season 2018 as team mentor. I am very thankful for the opportunity that I will mentoring the Royals, so I will be really looking forward to it and being back involved with the Royals. Have some wonderful memories, specially from 2008 where we won the inaugural year," said Warne in the video. The former Australian spin wizard was the captain of the Rajasthan Royals team that won the IPL in the year 2008.

Speaking about his memories in the IPL, Warne said, "The fans in India have always supported me through out my whole career but they really got behind us in 2008 with the Rajasthan Royals. As I said, great memories and the guys have done a wonderful job in putting the squad together with so many talented Indian players, international players, senior players and young junior players they always support. It really is a wonderful squad and think they are going to achieve some special things in 2018. So once again, I am delighted to announce that I am the team mentor for Rajasthan Royals and thank you for all your support. I can't wait to get there and remember the words, Hallo Bol."

Warne has taken 57 wickets in 55 matches in the IPL playing for Rajasthan Royals and was the man behind Royals' success in the inaugural year. 

Warne will be joined by another Royals old hand in former Mumbai batsman Zubin Bharucha as Head of Cricket.
Warne and Bharucha s association at the Royals goes back to 2008. As part of Royals think-tank, the two forged a solid partnership and are looking forward to working with each other again.

Royals co-owner Manoj Badale was thrilled at Warne's return.

He is a legend of the game and what he has achieved in Rajasthan Royals is unmatchable, said Badale.

Bringing back Shane Warne is also a way of giving back to our fans who have stood by us in trying times. As we are looking to build a strong team that can be in contention for the title, we believe Warne is the right person to mentor the Rajasthan Royals."

Contrary to their thrifty approach previously, Royals spent big in the recent IPL auction, buying troubled England all-rounder Ben Stokes for a whopping Rs 12.5 crore and India pacer Jaydev Unadkat for Rs 11.5 crore.

Australian captain Steve Smith and India batsman Ajinkya Rahane are the other big names in the team.