IPL 2018....Get all the latest news here...

CricPokChic

England Star Joe Root 'Disappointed' With IPL 2018 Snub

England coach Trevor Bayliss had said earlier that Joe Root should make himself unavailable for the IPL.

England Star Joe Root

England star Joe Root was disappointed with the Indian Premier League snub© AFP

England Test captain Joe Root has said that he was 'disappointed' after not being picked up by any franchise in the mega Indian Premier League (IPL) auction held earlier this year. Root, along with South African batsman Hashim Amla, were the only two marquee players to go unsold in the IPL 2018 auction. Root said having a big pay day was not his motive behind playing in the Indian T20 league but to improve his skills in the shortest format of the game.

"I was disappointed," Root said. "The reason I wanted to go out there was to play more Twenty20 cricket; it wasn't to go and earn as much money as possible. I'm not in that position. For me, I wasn't going to fit into any one of those (IPL) teams. There's not really much you can do. It was disappointing but it's also very understandable. Sides have a clear idea of what they want their makeup of their team to look like and they build around that," Root was quoted as saying by The Guardian.

"You've just got to get on with the rest of the cricket I can play. It gives me a really good period to make sure everything is set for the start of the Test season back at home but it would have been really nice to have had the experience and everything that the IPL brings to the table."

Root had also given the tri-nation T20I series also involving Australia and New Zealand a miss but returned to the England ODI squad for bilateral ODI series against hosts New Zealand.

A few weeks before the IPL 2018 auction, England coach Trevor Bayliss had said that Root should make himself unavailable for IPL 2018 and take time off to recuperate from a draining Ashes series.

England were outplayed in all departments by hosts Australia as they were hammered 4-0 in the five-Test series, with Root often finding himself completely out of his depth and struggling to find his form.

"We had that discussion a few days ago, I suggested to him that he shouldn't play, that he should have a break," Bayliss had told Sky Sports.

"He feels that whenever he's had a break in the last couple of years, it's always been a T20 series. He wants to play in 50-over World Cups and T20 World Cups.

"He thinks if he keeps missing all the T20 cricket he's just going to fall behind and not be up to speed when those come along.

"It's just a Catch-22 situation. There are difficult decisions to make. You're damned if you do, damned if you don't," the coach added.

In February, Bayliss, who had coached Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) to two IPL titles, even said that all Twnety20 internationals be scrapped.

"I wouldn't play T20 internationals, I'd just let the franchises play," Bayliss told Sky Sports.

"If we continue putting on so many games there'll be a certain amount of blowout, not just players but coaches as well."

IPL launches anthem for 2018 edition

I

63274243.jpg
NEW DELHI: The Indian Premier League (IPL) on Monday launched the anthem for the 2018 edition, starting April 7 with defending champions Mumbai Indians taking on Chennai Super Kings.

In a first, the BCCI and Star India have collaborated to create anthem for the campaign this year which puts spotlight on what the IPL stands for - pitting the best in T20 cricket against each other. And aptly, they have named the anthem 'Best vs Best'.

The lyrics, music and the video of 'Best vs Best' encompass the spirit of IPL - the tournament which brings together the best in the game, where best of global talent showcase their prowess.

R5Erk6N21c0bhMgb?format=jpg&name=small

The anthem has been released in five languages - Hindi, Tamil, Bengali, Kannada and Telugu - across all platforms (TV, radio, and digital).

A talented ensemble of artists worked on the anthem - South African film maker Dan Mace, music director Raajeev V Bhalla and vocalist Siddhart Basrur, who sung the anthem in five different languages.

"The very essence of IPL is a thrilling, action-packed celebration of cricket where the best of talent take on each other in one of the most gruelling cricket tournaments in the world. It is a fantastic celebration of both the game and its millions of fans across the world. The Best vs Best campaign endeavours to showcase the pinnacle of cricket that this tournament is associated with," BCCI CEO Rahul Johri said.

• CricPokChic changed the title to IPL 2018...IPL anthem 2018 released.....

Amol Muzumdar appointed Rajasthan Royals batting coach

Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy.
Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy. © Getty

India's domestic batting legend, Amol Muzumdar, has been appointed as the batting coach of Rajasthan Royals for IPL 2018, the franchise announced on Tuesday (March 13). Muzumdar's appointment is the latest addition to the Royals' coaching setup which has Sairaj Bahutule as bowling coach, Zubin Bharucha as head of cricket and Shane Warne, who will serve as the mentor of the team.

"We are proud to have Amol Muzumdar on board as the team's batting coach. His record on domestic circuit speaks for his greatness. The young batsmen will get so much to learn from him and develop their skills. Amol and Sairaj both bring skill, experience and vehemence that will surely drive the energy of the team in the right direction," Barucha said.

Having plied his trade with Mumbai, Assam and Andhra, Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy. He scored 11,167 runs in first-class cricket, including 40 centuries and 60 fifties, at an average of 48.13. His last first-class appearance was for Andhra in the 2013-14 season.

Excited about his new role, the Mumbai stalwart said: "These are exciting times for a batsman. Twenty20 has completely changed the contours of the game. The skill-sets are different, the game is more happening. There is never a dull moment. As a coach one has to constantly innovate and adapt while guiding the youngsters acquire new batting skills and keeping the basics of the game intact at the same time. It is a role I am excited about."

Royals, who are making their return to the IPL this year following a two-year ban, recently announced Steven Smith as their captain for the upcoming season. They play their first match - an away game - against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 9.

IPL 2018: I Will Be As Unpredictable As Possible, Says Ravichandran Ashwin

Ravichandran Ashwin was named skipper of Kings XI Punjab for IPL 11.

IPL 2018: I Will Be As Unpredictable As Possible, Says Ravichandran Ashwin

Kings XI Punjab unveiled their new jersey for the 11th edition of the IPL.© AFP

Ravichandran Ashwin will be leading Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) in the upcoming season of the Indian Premier League (IPL). Ashwin's captaincy was announced during a Facebook live session conducted by former India batting star and KXIP mentor Virender Sehwag in February. KXIP on Tuesday unveiled their new jersey and also conducted a Facebook Live session for the same. Post the event, Ashwin revealed how no one will be able to predict his moves as he will try and stay as unpredictable as possible.

"It is a new challenge. You'll not be able to predict my next move. All players you think are going to open, will play in the middle order & all the middle-order batsmen will open. I'll try & stay as unpredictable as possible," Ashwin told news agency ANI.

KXIP will begin their campaign against Delhi Daredevils on April 8 at the Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi.

When Ashwin was appointed as captain, Sehwag had said that he always wanted a bowler to be a captain.

"I always thought that if someone should become the captain it should be a bowler because I am a great fan of Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Kapil Dev. These were bowlers, who went on to become captains and did really well for the team. I'm sure Ashwin would wonders for Kings XI Punjab this season," Sehwag had said.

Sehwag also pointed out the best quality of Ashwin.

"The best quality in Ashwin is that he is very smart and he can change the bowlers very quickly. He understands the T20 format better than anybody else because he used to bowl in Powerplay, he used to bowl in slog overs. So, he knows what to do in T20 format," Sehwag added.

Sehwag backs fresh Indian bench strength to fire for KXIP

Kings XI Punjab are set to begin their IPL 2018 campaign on April 8, against Delhi Daredevils
Kings XI Punjab are set to begin their IPL 2018 campaign on April 8, against Delhi Daredevils © Getty

Virender Sehwag, Kings XI Punjab's mentor, believes a strong bench of Indian players was what the team was missing in the last few seasons, as a result of which they were one of the weakest sides in Indian Premier League. However, having spent big on the Indian players at the auctions this year, he is confident that they have a side to win the competition this season.

"The kind of team we have this year, we can win the championship," Sehwag told PTI on Tuesday. "We have spent a lot of of money on some of the players, so hopefully they will do the job. This surely is the best KXIP team in the last 10 years."

Apart from R Ashwin (Rs 7.6 Crore), KXIP also spent big on KL Rahul (Rs 11 Crore), Karun Nair (Rs 4.6 Crore), Ankit Rajpoot (Rs 4 Crore) and Barinder Sran (Rs 2.2 Crore).

"Last few years, our Indian players were not that good except Wriddhiman Saha and Axar Patel," he added. "That was one gap. If you want to win the IPL, you have to have good Indian players. We have four to five of them this time.

"We were also struggling with Indian batting line up which could hold the innings together. Guys like Rahul, Nair and Manoj Tiwary can hold the middle-order. We have explosive openers in Gayle and Finch, and down the order we have David Miller. Hopefully, they will do well against spinners."

Marcus Stoinis (INR 6.2 Crore) and Andrew Tye (INR 7.2 Crore) were a couple of the big foreign buys for KXIP in the recent player auction. However, Sehwag believes it the money spent on the veteran duo of Yuvraj Singh and Chris Gayle - both bought at the base price of INR 2 Crore - which is their biggest steal. Sehwag went on to explain what could be deemed as 'return on investment' for the team.

"It is great that they have come to us at their base price. It is surely a bargain. Who knows if there were more bidders, they could have gone as high as $1 million. They are big names and match winners, even if they win two-three games for us, we would get the return on investment," Sehwag said.

While Yuvraj is expected to be a certain starter, Chris Gayle's role in the team could be limited, with the presence of other openers such as Mayank Agarwal and KL Rahul in the side to complement Aaron Finch. To add to it, they also have Karun Nair, who has been opening in T20s for Karnataka lately. Sehwag has admitted that to fiind the right combination for the opening spot could give the team management a bit of a headache.

"Finch is not available for the first game so most likely Gayle will play in his place. So the opening game is not a problem but we have a big headache after that. We will all sit together and take the call. I believe Finch is such a player that he can play anywhere," he explained.

Kings XI Punjab begin their IPL 2018 campaign away from home at the Feroz Shah Kotla against Delhi Daredevils on April 8.

Injured Mitchell Santner To Miss England Series, IPL 2018

Mitchell Santner was signed up by Chennai Super Kings for the Indian Premier League.

Injured Mitchell Santner To Miss England Series, IPL 2018

Mitchell Santner has been ruled out of the two-Test series against England.© AFP

New Zealand's spinning all-rounder Mitchell Santner has been ruled out of the two-Test series against England with a knee injury that will keep him out of action for up to nine months, New Zealand Cricket said on Wednesday. Santner suffered some discomfort during the limited overs series against England and the scans revealed a bone defect. Leg-spinner Todd Astle has been brought in as the 26-year-old's replacement for the series starting at Eden Park on March 22.

The injured left-arm spinner will also be sidelined for the upcoming season of IPL for Chennai Super Kings and his first County season with Derbyshire.

• CricPokChic changed the title to IPL 2018...IPL Fantasy League 2018 will be released by next week....
On 3/13/2018 at 10:22 AM, CricPokChic said:

Amol Muzumdar appointed Rajasthan Royals batting coach

Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy.

Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy. © Getty

India's domestic batting legend, Amol Muzumdar, has been appointed as the batting coach of Rajasthan Royals for IPL 2018, the franchise announced on Tuesday (March 13). Muzumdar's appointment is the latest addition to the Royals' coaching setup which has Sairaj Bahutule as bowling coach, Zubin Bharucha as head of cricket and Shane Warne, who will serve as the mentor of the team.

"We are proud to have Amol Muzumdar on board as the team's batting coach. His record on domestic circuit speaks for his greatness. The young batsmen will get so much to learn from him and develop their skills. Amol and Sairaj both bring skill, experience and vehemence that will surely drive the energy of the team in the right direction," Barucha said.

Having plied his trade with Mumbai, Assam and Andhra, Muzumdar finished his career as the second highest run-getter in the Ranji Trophy. He scored 11,167 runs in first-class cricket, including 40 centuries and 60 fifties, at an average of 48.13. His last first-class appearance was for Andhra in the 2013-14 season.

Excited about his new role, the Mumbai stalwart said: "These are exciting times for a batsman. Twenty20 has completely changed the contours of the game. The skill-sets are different, the game is more happening. There is never a dull moment. As a coach one has to constantly innovate and adapt while guiding the youngsters acquire new batting skills and keeping the basics of the game intact at the same time. It is a role I am excited about."

Royals, who are making their return to the IPL this year following a two-year ban, recently announced Steven Smith as their captain for the upcoming season. They play their first match - an away game - against Sunrisers Hyderabad on April 9.

Veedu T20 ki coach endi comedy kakapothe

• CricPokChic changed the title to IPL 2018..FLASH FLASH.....IPL Fantasy League 2018 launched in fandromeda........
2 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

Ipl T20 league launched in fandromeda...check it out guys.....

kotha thread start chedham undu nenu chestha..  inka ee therad close.. league details ani akada vedham

4 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

Ipl T20 league launched in fandromeda...check it out guys.....

endhi edi gola india number ivvu mantundu login ki ..mundhu valu antha erri p gala.. register kuda india number kavali antadamn