Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time

tennisluvr

4 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

So the usual sh1t that Sachin was the lone savior for the team was more of a Sachin fanboys creation and has to be taken with a lot of salt. 

but it was mostly true that people stopped watching the game once Sachin got out. To them, the game was not worth watching.

I dont think Kohli can ever hope to gain that level of following.

1 minute ago, Kool_SRG said:

@gr33d

Those days captain has had no say in selection...What selectors gave had to play with that, once in middle of tour when he asked for Kanwaljit singh if i am right noel david was selected he was surprised who is he..

Yes that "David" was a well known family friend, he got in purely through Shivlal Yadav's blessings. Which unfortunately the ranji legend Kanwaljit Singh didn't have. 

Just now, uttermost said:

but it was mostly true that people stopped watching the game once Sachin got out. To them, the game was not worth watching.

I dont think Kohli can ever hope to gain that level of following.

Yes but that's got more to do with the options people have available now, compared to what they had when their only source of entertainment was an ugly box playing a low definition video. 

You have to take that into account when you talk about the millennial generations attention span. 

4 minutes ago, CMSAAB said:

sensible post. past generation heroes tho current generation vallani compare cheyyatam. ee dikkumalina indian mentality maaradu eppatiki.

kohli aadutuna bowlers evaru sachin/lara aadinappudu evaru?? 

Ippudu okkadu veedu stand out bowler ani cheppamanu ala evadu kanapadadu...

13 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Maybe a notch higher, but not a huge difference between him and Kohli when it comes to average. And whatever gap is, Kohli is quickly closing it out. 

ori pichoda smith average tests 60+ kohli is bettering now since he is doing well now. ippudu 53 0r some 51 last year varaku 40+ lo undi.

kodiga facts telusukuni matladu

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Discussion isn't about a particular "cup". It's about the time frame his dominance in ODIs started in the late 90s and continued upto the early 00s. 

okay. you are free to claim whoever you want as the best batsman.

for people like me, it'll be Sachin. Its not because he was the lone player of the team, or the world's best batsman or anything. Its just blind following.

Anyway batting standards have improved overall. Not just kohli, everyone is racking up hundreds these days, and the average score has shot through the roof. so your claim is on a bit of shaky grounds.

1 minute ago, CMSAAB said:

ori pichoda smith average tests 60+ kohli is bettering now since he is doing well now. ippudu 53 0r some 51 last year varaku 40+ lo undi.

kodiga facts telusukuni matladu

Which means Kohli is hitting his peak, Smith has already hit his peak. Let's see how long Smith can sustain that, also it's funny how you have twisted my discussion to make it Smith vs Kohli which I never intended to do. 

Orei howle first thread title ento chadivi ra ra I said greatest Indian batsman of all time, okka mukka artham kaakunda enduku ra osthavu. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Yes but that's got more to do with the options people have available now, compared to what they had when their only source of entertainment was an ugly box playing a low definition video. 

You have to take that into account when you talk about the millennial generations attention span. 

and you have to take into account the fact that everybody is racking up hundreds these days. just look at ODI and T20 batting.

To compare someone who's not from this era is pointless. 

15 minutes ago, kakatiya said:

Sachin is a good captain in bad time . When Sachin was captain he didn't get team he wanted.. team he got where mostly fixers..

But still he managed to win the matches single handedly.

People look at Sachin failures only.. in current odi team we have Rohit, Rahane dhawan , pandya, pande and dhoni who perform even if Kohli fail. Back then if Sachin fails..jadeja Azhar are the only hope and both where fixers. 

GP

34 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Proved this series. 

Sachin pakkaku tappukochu, Sachin fans all silent. Sachin miserable failure as a captain and can't lead the team. 

Kohli thrives under the pressure of captaincy and performed even better. 

It's all equates to one and only thing. 

FITNESS 

thats what I like him about. 

2 minutes ago, uttermost said:

okay. you are free to claim whoever you want as the best batsman.

for people like me, it'll be Sachin. Its not because he was the lone player of the team, or the world's best batsman or anything. Its just blind following.

Anyway batting standards have improved overall. Not just kohli, everyone is racking up hundreds these days, and the average score has shot through the roof. so your claim is on a bit of shaky grounds.

Not really, even if everyone is raking up hundreds very few are doing it with successfully captaining the team as well and leading from the front. Smith is which is why I have already stated that he's a genius, a once in a generation player. Kohli is one such as well. 

35 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Proved this series. 

Sachin pakkaku tappukochu, Sachin fans all silent. Sachin miserable failure as a captain and can't lead the team. 

Kohli thrives under the pressure of captaincy and performed even better. 

23 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Papam Sachin fan boys ippudu kotha GOD ni worship chesukovalsinde. 

23 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Ade chestunna inni rojulu asalu Ind-SL series scoreboard kooda choodale. 

Just opened cricinfo and saw that Kohli scored 6 double centuries in 18 months as a captain including 2 back to back in this series. Then thought not such a surprise knowing the kind of quality player and captain Kohli is. 

16 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

I don't watch cricket at all, however I try to read cricinfo time to time. And it was all full of Kohli's prowess off late, so not surprised at all

babu tennisluvr ne posts lo min consistency ledu. evadu raise chesthe vaadini cool chestu matladutunav.

neeku sachin istam lekapothe parledu anthe kani baseless allegations enduku?? kodiga sense tho matladu

Just now, dakumangalsingh said:

It's all equates to one and only thing. 

FITNESS 

thats what I like him about. 

Fitness to the point of obsession, what a welcome change from the days of 90s when we couldn't bat out 50 overs.