Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time

tennisluvr

20 minutes ago, uttermost said:

I root against India these days. Except when Rahane is playing.

So u must be wasting little time these days as rahane's form is pathetic 

Hopefully he gets back on track for sa series

2 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Which means Kohli is hitting his peak, Smith has already hit his peak. Let's see how long Smith can sustain that, also it's funny how you have twisted my discussion to make it Smith vs Kohli which I never intended to do. 

Orei howle first thread title ento chadivi ra ra I said greatest Indian batsman of all time, okka mukka artham kaakunda enduku ra osthavu. 

Long way to go for this..

Just now, CMSAAB said:

babu tennisluvr ne posts lo min consistency ledu. evadu raise chesthe vaadini cool chestu matladutunav.

neeku sachin istam lekapothe parledu anthe kani baseless allegations enduku?? kodiga sense tho matladu

Sachin ishtam ledu ani ekkadanna, just saying that Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time. 

Even if people say he isn't already and fail to accept it since their adulation of Sachin is too much, they will eventually. Kohli's best is yet to come. 

1 minute ago, tennisluvr said:

Not really, even if everyone is raking up hundreds very few are doing it with successfully captaining the team as well and leading from the front. Smith is which is why I have already stated that he's a genius, a once in a generation player. Kohli is one such as well. 

If everyone is raking up hundreds, it means Kohli's hundreds are just par for the course. Nothing special.

I think cricinfo made a comparative analysis on eras, and Sachin came up as a much better batsman compared to his peers, than Kohli compared to his peers.

36 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Proved this series. 

Sachin pakkaku tappukochu, Sachin fans all silent. Sachin miserable failure as a captain and can't lead the team. 

Kohli thrives under the pressure of captaincy and performed even better. 

Sachin time lo Indian cricket was struggling .. Political influence , mafia influence 

and senior players nundi non cooperation... Things were very rough compared to the current times..

ippudu okka bowler Peru cheppu bro who is dangerous for batsmen.. Aa rojullo every team had more powerful bowlers than batsmen.. Ippudantha batsmen game aypoyindi t20s n all other bs screwed cricket... Criekt is no more an interesting  game 

Yes... kohli is definitely a very good player... 

Just now, uttermost said:

If everyone is raking up hundreds, it means Kohli's hundreds are just par for the course. Nothing special.

I think cricinfo made a comparative analysis on eras, and Sachin came up as a much better batsman compared to his peers, than Kohli compared to his peers.

Would love to take a look at it. Also Sachin's career lasted far longer than Kohli's, Kohli hasn't even completed 10 years in international cricket yet. 

So your comparative analysis might have to wait a bit more, especially since Kohli hasn't even hit his best yet. The best is yet to come, and by the time he's going to dominate the scene like no Indian batsman of any previous generation ever did. 

11 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Ippudu Sachin waste ani evadannadu. Sachin was a great player and a terrific contributor to the team, however Kohli purely on batting grounds is the greatest Indian batsman so far across all formats of the game ani cheputunna

prathi player records better avutay when new generation of players come in. vvrichards one day lo chala better chesadu sachin. now kohli is doing even better. thats a cycle. respects richards, lara, ponting, bradman kohli etc.

anthe kaani batting grounds lo greatest ani pichi maatlau enduku??? meeru america vachi em labam ra babu. chesedi emo professional jobs, ideology matram ooru metta kante darunam. _%~

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Fitness to the point of obsession, what a welcome change from the days of 90s when we couldn't bat out 50 overs. 

Yes. Fitness. one good thing about him. and his sportsmanship.

He's less of a sore loser compared to Sachin. way way less. 

but batting wise, Kohli still has to finish his career to be declared the best.

1 minute ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

Sachin time lo Indian cricket was struggling .. Political influence , mafia influence 

and senior players nundi non cooperation... Things were very rough compared to the current times..

ippudu okka bowler Peru cheppu bro who is dangerous for batsmen.. Aa rojullo every team had more powerful bowlers than batsmen.. Ippudantha batsmen game aypoyindi t20s n all other bs screwed cricket... Criekt is no more an interesting  game 

Yes... kohli is definitely a very good player... 

Not Kohli's fault at all that ICC wants to spread cricket by making it a shorter, more exciting format than continue to propagate it as a 10 hour marathon. If ICC wants to do that, it's hardly Kohli's fault. He's doing the best he can in the circumstances he's put in, and in that aspect no one comes close to his genius. 

Kohli is a genius, not just a very good player. He surpassed that stage a long time ago. 

Just now, tennisluvr said:

Would love to take a look at it. Also Sachin's career lasted far longer than Kohli's, Kohli hasn't even completed 10 years in international cricket yet. 

So your comparative analysis might have to wait a bit more, especially since Kohli hasn't even hit his best yet. The best is yet to come, and by the time he's going to dominate the scene like no Indian batsman of any previous generation ever did. 

so does your declarations of who the best batsman is.

anyway, I like Kohli. just not excited about his batting. Kohli seems a really competitive and nice fellow.

3 minutes ago, tennisluvr said:

Sachin ishtam ledu ani ekkadanna, just saying that Kohli is the greatest Indian batsman of all time. 

Even if people say he isn't already and fail to accept it since their adulation of Sachin is too much, they will eventually. Kohli's best is yet to come. 

asalu em base chesukuni greatest batsman ani cheptunav?? one of them ani cheppu. inka vaadi career avvaledu

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

Yes. Fitness. one good thing about him. and his sportsmanship.

He's less of a sore loser compared to Sachin. way way less. 

but batting wise, Kohli still has to finish his career to be declared the best.

Yes that's why I said he's by no means done. And the best is yet to come, the change in his attitude and the resilience in his approach can clearly be seen since he has become the captain. The buck stops with him and there's no passing the buck around, he will stand up no matter the circumstances or the situation. 

As someone that initially disliked Kohli for the first few years of his career and pretty much wrote him off as a media hype, I am happy to have been disproved. Kohli is a complete genius of a batsman. 

I am assuming you are talking about Tests. If you are, he still needs to prove that he can play on bouncy pitches.  Its been almost 3 years since India played against tough opponent outside India. 

This is Virat's record. Just 44.30 avg outside India

unfiltered 2012-2017 62 112 11 5389 254 53.35 9606 56.10 13 33 3 621 16 Profile
filtered 2012-2017 24 44 4 1772 182* 44.30 3480 50.91 3 13 1 184 9

This is Sachin's record. See Sachin's avg outside India. Higher than in India

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 1989-2013 200 329 33 15921 248* 53.78 29437+ 54.04* 51 68 14 2058+ 69 Profile
filtered 1989-2012 106 176 17 8705 248* 54.74 15885 54.80 29 36 10 1115

This is Steve smith's record. He is much more consistent that Virat in Tests. Also he played almost 50% of matches outside India unlike Kohli who played just 40%

Career averages
  Span Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 0 4s 6s  
unfiltered 2010-2017 58 106 15 5551 215 61.00 9861 56.29 21 21 4 615 33 Profile
filtered 2013-2017 28 53 6 2693 215 57.29 4994 53.92 10 10 1 296 20

If you consider all three formats, Virat probably is the best. Technically much better than Steve Smith. Can his technique work on fast bowling pitches? no one knows yet.

By all personal accounts, Sachin is a world class asshole. Kohli is not. That's one thing Kohli has going for him.

He's got a gorgeous independent girlfriend, which means he's not the controlling type.

but batting.. hmmm... lets wait for 10 more years.

1 minute ago, uttermost said:

so does your declarations of who the best batsman is.

anyway, I like Kohli. just not excited about his batting. Kohli seems a really competitive and nice fellow.

Yes I by no means am stating a conclusive fact. It's just an opinion, but one that I have a lot of faith on. 

Kohli is greater than GOD(Sachin for Indian cricket fans) already.