Best goal of this WC scored by Croatia

tennisluvr

1 hour ago, chittimallu2 said:

They are not mathematically out yet but good chance they might be gone next week. 

One player cant do much bhayya, even though I agree he was subpar for his standards this tournament and also him missing the penalty is proving to be costly for them. The majority of the blame goes to Sampaoli, Argie manager. He left out Icardi, one of the best strikers this season and a much better dynamic player than the clowns they have on the pitch today. That’s one thing he got it partially wrong before the start of the tournament. He could have gotten some goals but that’s not the major issue overall.

Argentina’s problems lie in midfield and further back. Today he (Sampaoli) tried to overload the midfield because Croatia has a great midfield and this by putting extra numbers in the middle of the park he tried to win the battle. Again, that’s a good tactic but he didn’t put the right men there as he left out Ever Banega who is one of the better midfielders.. What did this do? This made Messi drop back into the midfield and win the ball by himself and the Croatians were very happy as the world’s best player is away from the goal. They were okay with this happening all day long. There was no bite in the Argies attack until Dybala was running down the flanks. Argentina didn’t have width, their wingers were so bad who cant put in a decent cross either.

IMO Sampaoli should take the majority of the blame and to me its absolutely shocking how he bottled this as Im a fan of him and was having much better expectations. I don’t think it just was meant to be for Argentina.

On the other hand, massive credits to Croatia as they played to their strengths and nullified every single threat. Vrsaljko was massive and so were Lovren and Vida at the back. Modric and Rakitic owned that midfield despite being outnumbered in most cases.

If someone is putting the blame on Messi for this debacle they need to get their head checked or need to question their footballing knowledge. The only blame I put on him is for missing that penalty against Iceland.

Exactly what I said above... interview of Luka

"This result and Argentina's poor display was due to our good game, our compact block all over the pitch, particularly when we didn't have the ball," Modric said in his postgame news conference.

"We cut off Messi, stopped him receiving the ball. He's their most dangerous player," Modric said.

Modric and his teammates also reduced Messi's touches in the penalty area from nine to two, and cut the number of passes he received in the attacking third from 45 against Iceland down to 10.

"Messi is an incredible player, but he can't do everything alone," Modric told Argentina's TV Publica. "In football you need help and it can't be done alone. Although he is great, great, but it can't be done alone.

"The way we played helped today too. We closed the gaps so [Javier] Mascherano couldn't pass the ball in the beginning, and then later when we got our rhythm of the game, we played very well."

Whats your pick on the topic.. im curious

Messi is greatest ever . 

ronaldo is the best professional. For people to even compare him to Messi is a credit to the hard work and dedication ronaldo has put into his profession.

of course this is just my opinion .

1 hour ago, TrumpCare said:

ohh really did Lebron miss an simple  basket in crucial  moments ??

Messi missed simple penalty which costed them..dnt compare lebron to Messi 

Ronaldo missed penalty in champions league final bro. That does not make him a lesser player. Mario balotelli almost never misses penalties . That does not make him the greatest . 

1 hour ago, TrumpCare said:

ohh really did Lebron miss an simple  basket in crucial  moments ??

Messi missed simple penalty which costed them..dnt compare lebron to Messi 

My thought my wish that's it@3$%

48 minutes ago, Optimus654 said:

Messi is greatest ever . 

ronaldo is the best professional. For people to even compare him to Messi is a credit to the hard work and dedication ronaldo has put into his profession.

adi kadhu kada topic... I meant your pick about the topic of this thread... best goal of the WC so far..

I agree with your reply though... Ronaldo should be honoured for being compared to Messi, deep inside even he knows he is inferior to that little genius.

adi kadhu kada topic... I meant your pick about the topic of this thread... best goal of the WC so far..

I agree with your reply though... Ronaldo should be honoured for being compared to Messi, deep inside even he knows he is inferior to that little genius.

Messi is not able to take pressure

But Messi is the best 

13 hours ago, Optimus654 said:

Ronaldo missed penalty in champions league final bro. That does not make him a lesser player. Mario balotelli almost never misses penalties . That does not make him the greatest . 

ohh yea...but still they won the match ..zero impact on the match ..Messi coasted them the worldcup ..%$#$%$#$

11 hours ago, futureofandhra said:

Messi is not able to take pressure

But Messi is the best 

pressure teskoleeni vadni best ani ela antaroo??

13 hours ago, Optimus654 said:

Messi is greatest ever . 

on what basis??  Image result for telugu gifs

if  some magician tricks make people greatest ever....a lot of you-tuber's have better skills than him 

13 hours ago, chittimallu2 said:

Diego costa ‘s first goal against Portugal . Power technique and placement . Top class display of Centre forward play. I am not a big fan of long range belters. Those are touch and go.

45 minutes ago, Suhaas said:

Coutinho's opener vs Swiss

Nacho's vs Por

Ericksen vs Aus 

in that order

Add Kolarov's fantastic free kick for serbia

42 minutes ago, Optimus654 said:

Diego costa ‘s first goal against Portugal . Power technique and placement . Top class display of Centre forward play. I am not a big fan of long range belters. Those are touch and go.

Agreed Costa bullied the defenders top class strike miss him in Chelsea Team