What's the correct answer to this equation?

tacobell fan

2 minutes ago, reality said:

Becoz, 2(2+2) is in the denominator, as a whole.

Don’t assume it as 8/2*(2+2)...

arent you assuming it as 8/(2*(2+2)) ?

7 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

arent you assuming it as 8/(2*(2+2)) ?

Nah, 2(2+2) is enough to say, that is as a whole. Where as you would need * sign to explicitly treat (2+2) as a numerator, or it would have been written as 8(2+2)/2, which many people here are assuming, even though that’s not the case.

9 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

haha yeah you are right... BODMAS ni wrong ga implement chesa... picked up the wrong order, my bad.

However Division and multiplication same weightage kadu kada... D(ivision) comes first and then the M(ultiplication), your answer is right but not the order you explained... isnt it?

BODMAS and PEMA renditlo mul and div ki,, add and sub ki same weight.. so left to right annattu gurtu bro..

1 minute ago, Staysafebro said:

A=B

5A=5B.....1

10A=10B.....2

10A-5A=10B-5B

10(A-B)=5(A-B)

cancel (A-B) on both sides

10=5

thats because you re basically multiplying 10 and 5 by zero.. both sides (A-B) vaadav but since A = B, you are multiplying both 10 and 5 with zero

You can do that with any number

9*0 = 8*0

cancel 0 on both sides, then 8=9

4 minutes ago, reality said:

Nah, 2(2+2) is enough to say, that is as a whole. Where as you would need * sign to explicitly treat (2+2) as a numerator, or it would have been written as 8(2+2)/2, which many people here are assuming, even though that’s not the case.

not talking about asterisk (*)... im talking about the second bracket I added

4 minutes ago, chittimallu_14 said:

not talking about asterisk (*)... im talking about the second bracket I added

Yes, I noticed those extra brackets you added. That’s why I am saying, you wouldn’t need those to be there explicitly, because it is same as how it is represented in the question (no need to assume). Where as, for the other one, you would need to assume it as numerator, unless it is represented in those two ways I mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, Beardman said:

Who knows yeah.. what we have derived so far can be 90% true and it will seem like our theories are perfect when in fact they are only partially correct. The road looks straight for now.

15 minutes ago, Staysafebro said:

A=B

5A=5B.....1

10A=10B.....2

10A-5A=10B-5B

10(A-B)=5(A-B)

cancel (A-B) on both sides

10=5

%$#$

People, ee PEMDAS BADASS lu not from rule book or not mathematics laws... they are created just as banda gurthulu for people with poor memory and common sense application.

10 minutes ago, reality said:

Yes, I noticed those extra brackets you added. That’s why I am saying, you wouldn’t need those to be there explicitly, because it is same as how it is represented in the question (no need to assume). Where as, for the other one, you would need to assume it as numerator, unless it is represented in those two ways I mentioned above.

em cheppavo ardham kaledu but your answer is wrong... like MRI said above the answer is 16... run it through a calculator to confirm for yourself, I just did it and confirmed it myself :lol: 

You have to finish the brackets first and then divide and then multiply (BODMAS, brackets first then division and then multiplication)

so its 2+2 = 4

8/2 = 4

4x4 = 16

in the above order

3 minutes ago, MagaMaharaju said:

%$#$

I applied bodmas/pemdas and cancelled the variables first before subtracting. Subtraction comes last. Take that Elon Hawking S@nC#aZi

22 minutes ago, Beardman said:

Be careful with what Wolfram says here. These are philosophical debates in the field called "Philosophy of Mathematics". These debates are about precisely these issues: discovered vs invented. Platonism vs Nominalism

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/platonism-mathematics/

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nominalism-mathematics/

3 minutes ago, reality said:

People, ee PEMDAS BADASS lu not from rule book or not mathematics laws... they are created just as banda gurthulu for people with poor memory and common sense application.

1rx1rm.jpg