Apparently gifting your wife a fitness bike is sexist: Peloton Bike!!

DummyVariable

5 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

See this is the problem. What if you end up like this?

Neuroscientists Confirm That Our Loved Ones Become Ourselves

"The correlation between self and friend was remarkably similar," Coan said. "The finding shows the brain's remarkable capacity to model self to others; that people close to us become a part of ourselves, and that is not just metaphor or poetry, it's very real. Literally we are under threat when a friend is under threat. But not so when a stranger is under threat."

"It's essentially a breakdown of self and other; our self comes to include the people we become close to," Coan said. "If a friend is under threat, it becomes the same as if we ourselves are under threat. We can understand the pain or difficulty they may be going through in the same way we understand our own pain."

Sure, I probably already changed. Eight years ago, I would have never done anything to change myself for him. But now, I actually don't mind. It means I am becoming like him somewhat. 

1 hour ago, Meowalpha said:

If both husband and wife are like you and me, it will never work out. One person compromises for the other, that's how relationships work. Watch Mr.Perfect.

I don’t have the concentration power to watch movies. It will take days or sometimes months. I might as well say that I don’t watch movies. 

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

I don’t have the concentration power to watch movies. It will take days or sometimes months. I might as well say that I don’t watch movies. 

You also don't have the concentration power to get the point of my statement it seems.

51 minutes ago, Meowalpha said:

Sure, I probably already changed. Eight years ago, I would have never done anything to change myself for him. But now, I actually don't mind. It means I am becoming like him somewhat. 

Are you recommending that people should marry someone who is not like them so that they end up like the other person? 

Speaking of fairness, cups and saucers: Irani Chai and Osmania biscuits below. Equal chai in the cup and the saucer and two biscuits to share. A fair world indeed. 🙂

Hyderabadi-Iranian-Tea-640x381.jpg

2 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

I only read the concluding sentences to be fair.

Only for you honey. 

+_(

3 hours ago, Meowalpha said:

If both husband and wife are like you and me, it will never work out. One person compromises for the other, that's how relationships work.

Are you recommending that people should marry someone who is not like them so that they end up like the other person? 

Who am I to recommend what someone should and shouldn't do...

Speaking of fairness, cups and saucersIrani Chai and Osmania biscuits below. Equal chai in the cup and the saucer and two biscuits to share. A fair world indeed. 🙂

Hyderabadi-Iranian-Tea-640x381.jpg

Prefer PBJ