Court orders Adele to pay 140 million to her ex husband

DummyVariable

4 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

Ante Bezos kooda samarpinchukunnadu kada. Can we say it is sad for him too? Many Desi divorced uncles kooda paying more than half their salary every month ..

Bezos gadu & his wife tax ega 10ganeeki chesina plan .. this is different 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

What if she is earning but not enough to live a highFi lifestyle... if she marries a rich guy and in the process fulfills here wishes, would you call her financially dependent? 🤔

2 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

A different topic and I have advocated it elsewhere. That is not the question though, would you call someone like that financially dependent even though they are earning? 

Financial dependence doesn't mean that though, because the wife doesn't NEED to depend on her husband for her expenses. Sure, her husband might have a fancier lifestyle, but he is not forcing that lifestyle on her. She is living with him, but she can chose to live whichever lifestyle that suits both of them. The important thing is if she can be independent with her finances or not. 

2 hours ago, DummyVariable said:

A different topic and I have advocated it elsewhere. That is not the question though, would you call someone like that financially dependent even though they are earning? 

Also only stupid people live over their means, average live to their means and smart people live under their means. Same thing applies to wives. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Financial dependence doesn't mean that though, because the wife doesn't NEED to depend on her husband for her expenses. Sure, her husband might have a fancier lifestyle, but he is not forcing that lifestyle on her. She is living with him, but she can chose to live whichever lifestyle that suits both of them. The important thing is if she can be independent with her finances or not. 

You can get accustomed to a lifestyle and get addicted to it and thereby become dependent on someone...

4 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Also only stupid people live over their means, average live to their means and smart people live under their means. Same thing applies to wives. 

Nice post 👌

44 minutes ago, quickgun_murugun said:

Bezos gadu & his wife tax ega 10ganeeki chesina plan .. this is different 

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Inko level of thinking idhi

shock.gif

Actually a pretty good idea to be honest, except for the promiscuity involved. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

You can get accustomed to a lifestyle and get addicted to it and thereby become dependent on someone..

+_(

5 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

5 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

If a girl making 80k marries a billionaire, are you still expecting her to spend only what she makes i.e. 80k?

If a girl making 80k marries a billionaire, are you still expecting her to spend only what she makes i.e. 80k?

Are we talking before or after signing a prenup? All I am saying is, even if you're a millionaire or a billionaire, living under your means is always the right thing to do. A lot of people making few 100k live in as good of a house as Warren Buffet lives in, what's different about being a billionaire? If you're seeking a Malibu Hills lifestyle making barely 100k, with your life in debt, you're not any better than someone living under 30k a year with a million dollar in stocks and savings. 

1 minute ago, Catabolite said:

Are we talking before or after signing a prenup? All I am saying is, even if you're a millionaire or a billionaire, living under your means is always the right thing to do. A lot of people making few 100k live in as good of a house as Warren Buffet lives in, what's different about being a billionaire? If you're seeking a Malibu Hills lifestyle making barely 100k, with your life in debt, you're not any better than someone living under 30k a year with a million dollar in stocks and savings. 

That is not the question though. Is someone financially dependent if they married a rich person? Living life a certain way is addicting.. 

That is not the question though. Is someone financially dependent if they married a rich person? Living life a certain way is addicting.

I am not sure I get the certain way you're talking about...are you talking about fancy cars, or branded accessories? Like I said, living this kind of lifestyle is an addiction for a lot of people. Even if those people didn't marry rich, they would still be living over their means. They would be financially dependent either way, either on their husband or on their credit card loans. 

Also to answer your question, is Priscilla Chan financially dependent on her husband? I would say no, because she went to UCSF for Med school, she worked as a pediatrician for a while. She probably wouldn't be doing as much philanthropy as she is doing now, but any doctor in the area would be making over a quarter million a year, and her lifestyle wouldn't be any different. She would have taken a longer time to own a house on loan, but besides that I would say she is financially independent. 

8 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

I am not sure I get the certain way you're talking about...are you talking about fancy cars, or branded accessories? Like I said, living this kind of lifestyle is an addiction for a lot of people. Even if those people didn't marry rich, they would still be living over their means. They would be financially dependent either way, either on their husband or on their credit card loans. 

Most of the time there will be pay discrepancies and asset discrepancies between couples. Someone makes more and someone makes less. Whoever is making more will presumably share whatever they are making more - mostly translates into lifestyle upgrade for whoever is making less. Over a period of time, this way of living becomes addicting to who ever makes less. At that point that person is basically dependent on her partner. Now how will financial dependency ever go away?

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Most of the time there will be pay discrepancies and asset discrepancies between couples. Someone makes more and someone makes less. Whoever is making more will presumably share what they are making more - mostly translates into lifestyle upgrade for whoever is making less. Over a period of time this way of living becomes addicting to who ever makes less. At that point that person is basically dependent on her partner. Now how will financial dependency ever go away?

+_(

2 minutes ago, Catabolite said:

Also to answer your question, is Priscilla Chan financially dependent on her husband? I would say no, because she went to UCSF for Med school, she worked as a pediatrician for a while. She probably wouldn't be doing as much philanthropy as she is doing now, but any doctor in the area would be making over a quarter million a year, and her lifestyle wouldn't be any different. She would have taken a longer time to own a house on loan, but besides that I would say she is financially independent.