Dealing with autism during covid

terminator_desi

On 10/18/2020 at 11:38 PM, duryaodhana said:

As many people said, 2 years is very early to try CBD oil. We tried CBD oil for my son for 3 months (when he was 4 years of age). It didn't help him in any way. 

For 2 years of age.

My suggestion is to go natural/organic approach. 

• Stop regular milk. If your son is very much into Milk, then go for A2 (organic milk). I don't recommend almond milk, some kids have oxalate issues.  
  • GFCFSF diet- gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free
  • All organic vegetables
  • Avoid Fruits - if your kid is hyperactive - sugars make more active
  • Looks for symptoms of Constipation and diarrhea (if kid is feeling these then food nutrition's won't be absorbed by body)
  • Avoid outside food - No fast food/Junk food at all
  • Avoid Potato chips, Corn based chips and bread items. (will be very horrible at first, it gets easier after few months)
  • Avoid - Eggs and Meat for few weeks -  trail and error.
  • Give him Epsom Salt Bath every evening - Magnesium will make the body relax a bit

If you really want to for Medication route.

• Go for OAT Test (from Great Plains Lab). You need a doctor's approval for this. This will give you overall health and the same doctor can read the results and recommend any medication after that.
  • B12 shots, Glutathione cream, Omega 3 oil. These are little toss up, works for some kids and does not work for other kids. 

We tried all sort of Medical approaches in last 2 years for my son. He is almost 5 years now. Nothing worked for him. We are still following the Diet and ABA, Speech therapy.  It's been more than 2 years on this journey or struggle (whatever you call it), he still does not speak and lot of behavior issues.😟

Sorry to hear that.

Do you believe that the primary cause is due to chemicals? I have come across folks that never had a thing in generations and had kids with autism. 

I believe it is due to chemicals in water/food. 

The top ten chemicals are:

1. Lead

2. Methylmercury

3. PCBs

4. Organophosphate pesticides

5. Organochlorine pesticides

6. Endocrine disruptors

7. Automotive exhaust

8. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons

9. Brominated flame retardants

10. Perfluorinated compounds

Forever chemicals ani US lo water lo for many decades kaliparu till last year. They banned them very recently. So, many of us that migrated in the last decade to America are more prone to bore kids with such unfortunate diseases.  

https://www.hcplive.com/view/exposure-household-chemicals-increases-risk-autism-offspring

4 hours ago, Tapakai said:

First of all thanks for all the parents who are trying hard for their kids, I can only understand what everyone is going through. Is there a group formed out of this thread? Even my 2 and half year old has similar symptoms and we started ABA services.

Not sure about other states but in California, State Early Start program funds for all therapies Speech, OT, EI including ABA until 3 and then local school district takes over. I heard if your child is labeled as Autistic, state still funds ABA over and above school classes.

CA lo alta regional lo register avvali and they will guide you throughout , you can also apply for home help they will send someone to take care of the kid when parents want to go out and take a break. year ki inni hours ani free untundhi. also apply for MEDI-CAL if your insurance has copay then medical will cover it. even school takeover chesukunnaka kuda u can still avail all these. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yomama20 said:

Sorry to hear that.

Do you believe that the primary cause is due to chemicals? I have come across folks that never had a thing in generations and had kids with autism. 

1. Lead

2. Methylmercury

3. PCBs

6. Endocrine disruptors

7. Automotive exhaust

Forever chemicals ani US lo water lo for many decades kaliparu till last year. They banned them very recently. So, many of us that migrated in the last decade to America are more prone to bore kids with such unfortunate diseases.  

https://www.hcplive.com/view/exposure-household-chemicals-increases-risk-autism-offspring

Nobody in my family had any signs of Autism before. My family (in India) still thinks he is "just speech delayed". I never heard about the term "Autism" before. 

1 hour ago, duryaodhana said:

Nobody in my family had any signs of Autism before. My family (in India) still thinks he is "just speech delayed". I never heard about the term "Autism" before. 

@duryaodhana is speech your only concern?

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 4:20 AM, Yomama20 said:

Sorry to hear that.

1. Lead

2. Methylmercury

3. PCBs

6. Endocrine disruptors

7. Automotive exhaust

Chemical in water nothing to do with autism 

Here are the 10 countries with the highest autism rates:

1. Hong Kong (372 per 10k children)
  2. South Korea (263 per 10k children)
  3. United States (222 per 10k children)
  4. Japan (181 per 10k children)
  5. Ireland (153 per 10k children)
  6. Switzerland (145 per 10k children)
  7. Canada (106 per 10k children)
  8. Denmark (69 per 10k children)
  9. Singapore (67 per 10k children)
  10. Belgium (60 per 10k children)

• 1 month later...

quick update:

ma vadiki therapies start ayinai.. OT desi amey..amey ki em telvadu meme chepali anni....inko avida behavioral therapist bane undi..long process anedi ardam ayindi...

combined consonant sounds ostunai.. high sensory issues...a urakadam jump cheyadam unbearable... food motham zero.. only puree form..solids try chesta ...motham threw up a ika... A2 milk nadusthundi...danto edo great change ostundi analenu..but ok...

bayataki teskapote chukal...atu urkuta antadu etu urkuta antadu...unable to control him during his pediatric visits.

Sensory diet gurinchi telisna valuu em em implement chesthunlo chepandi vayaa okasari... 

ques: Autism ki GI ki relation endo baga study chesinavalu chepandi.. I am also studying heavily on this.

lastly single words tho start cheyandi vayaas..emana speech delays unte..pedda pedda sentences dialogs vadakandi..

foood...want food... water...want water ane signs use chesthu cheyandi..

collective knowledge thone edana kalis sadistam manam.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, shaw183 said:

quick update:

ma vadiki therapies start ayinai.. OT desi amey..amey ki em telvadu meme chepali anni....inko avida behavioral therapist bane undi..long process anedi ardam ayindi...

combined consonant sounds ostunai.. high sensory issues...a urakadam jump cheyadam unbearable... food motham zero.. only puree form..solids try chesta ...motham threw up a ika... A2 milk nadusthundi...danto edo great change ostundi analenu..but ok...

bayataki teskapote chukal...atu urkuta antadu etu urkuta antadu...unable to control him during his pediatric visits.

Sensory diet gurinchi telisna valuu em em implement chesthunlo chepandi vayaa okasari... 

ques: Autism ki GI ki relation endo baga study chesinavalu chepandi.. I am also studying heavily on this.

lastly single words tho start cheyandi vayaas..emana speech delays unte..pedda pedda sentences dialogs vadakandi..

are there support groups for parents with autistic kids? i think they can be of lot of help

44 minutes ago, shaw183 said:

quick update:

Sensory issues elantivi unnayi? 

1 hour ago, shaw183 said:

quick update:

Some eat solid foods, but mostly sweet. Cakes, chocolate milk ala more.  Never greens or vegetables. Also addicted to phones nonstop.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Some eat solid foods, but mostly sweet. Cakes, chocolate milk ala more.  Never greens or vegetables. Also addicted to phones nonstop.

they're just being kids I guess

1 hour ago, shaw183 said:

quick update:

kid to kid different untadhi anukunta vallaki unde complications.

so oka kid ki set ayyindhi inkokarki set avvakapovachu