we can no longer win- Mercedes Benz

macha

Amidst the release of Tesla’s limited Full Self-Driving beta and the rollout of Waymo’s truly driverless ride-sharing service in Phoenix, Arizona, Mercedes-Benz has announced that it is throwing in the towel. Speaking with local media, a Mercedes-Benz spokesman noted that the company will no longer be competing in a race that it would lose. “We don’t compete in any race that we can no longer win,” the spokesman said.

benz realized faster... hope others realize too rather wasting money..

TSLA will kill the BMWs, Benzes and Range Rovers. After 10 years it will be a world of self driving electric cars.. I will load upon TSLA stocks as much as I can in the next few years..

Just now, JambaKrantu said:

TSLA will kill the BMWs, Benzes and Range Rovers. After 10 years it will be a world of self driving electric cars.. I will load upon TSLA stocks as much as I can in the next few years..

The only competition in self driving is an army of law suits , I think self driving will only come in countries without a culture of suing companies into oblivion 

2 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

eyy vookoaaa vaaa ....(satirically )

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

The only competition in self driving is an army of law suits , I think self driving will only come in countries without a culture of suing companies into oblivion 

Right now what TSLA says is that the self driving feature still needs active supervision and should not be relied upon completely. They will use same argument and push the responsibility to the driver than the company. 

4 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

agree... this will change soon as they collect more data and learn from there mistakes...

13 minutes ago, macha said:

Amidst the release of Tesla’s limited Full Self-Driving beta and the rollout of Waymo’s truly driverless ride-sharing service in Phoenix, Arizona, Mercedes-Benz has announced that it is throwing in the towel. Speaking with local media, a Mercedes-Benz spokesman noted that the company will no longer be competing in a race that it would lose. “We don’t compete in any race that we can no longer win,” the spokesman said.

benz realized faster... hope others realize too rather wasting money..

10 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Conveniently  skipped waymo and talking like he said only tesla lol. I liek tesla too but lets not pretend that tesla invented self driving or electric cars.

Waymo will be  more advanced than tesla. They use Lidar sensors while tesla admanatly refuses to use because of Musk. Waymo will be like the software that major automakers can license. 

32 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Hearing same from last 10 years ,may it will take another 20 years..