Suggestion needed, are we required to pay? Free home for 1 year, now asking to pay

RENT

47 minutes ago, Galactus said:

If both are you working then just pay it off as he has allowed you to stay for 1 year , this is morally a better choice

but with out any agreements not sure if you had to pay anything actually , you will be better off consulting a lawyer rather than asking this question in db if you want to play the hard ball

The intention here is to trouble me brother not actually the payment although he wants  the money as well ..,he is looking to trouble me legally.

48 minutes ago, xano917 said:

Had you rented the room from stranger how much would you have paid for that accommodation ?

Negotiate and pay that bro. 

Payment is not issue brother, I never promised or commited on paper on verbally that I will pay but he is more inclined towards troubling me legally than the actual money.

37 minutes ago, sanjaysahu said:

You don't really need to have a written agreement ...a VERBAL Agreement (even if a text message ) is also valid if he decides to sue you in a Small Claims court ($5k max limits for such courts) , If you recollect a year ago you may have said.. I will give you some thing or pay x amount etc.. it is still valid...

I understand that you have family issues now but he helped you by keeping you and your wife in house for 1 year which may have increased expenses (Utility ,Grocery etc).. there may be some issues now may be year or 10 later it will may get resolved. But if he drags you to court or go through all that the difference can/may increase.

Better to Negotiate and say you pay something 

Brotherr I never commited in writing or verbally and never said anything in texts that I will pay him. He wants to use this opprtunity to trouble me legally and money is just a excuse

34 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

better to pay and move on.

relative intlo free ga undadame bokka.. ippudu kakunna.. future lo eppudo okasari debba padtadi.

He is using this opportunity to trouble me legally ..,

25 minutes ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

Mee uncle pendlam pedda kotlata petti vuntadi intla...phukat la Atla etla vundanichinav ani..

anduke pendlanni tanda cheyanika, pendlam ego satisfy cheyanika paisal istava sasthava antundu ...

12k degara real seaukuni one time payment ani, oka 8k samarpinchuko

More than money, what I am underatanding is he wants to proceed and trouble me legally as he has a personal grudge internally

3 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Just pay it

What to do if he is mor inclined towards troubling me saying he will place a complaint to pay rather than settling the matter with me. He is a very psycho minded, I thought his intentions are good but now I am seeing his true colors.

5 minutes ago, RENT said:

Brotherr I never commited in writing or verbally and never said anything in texts that I will pay him. He wants to use this opprtunity to trouble me legally and money is just a excuse

Send an email to him that you are willing to pay the rent money. And explain the reasonable amount that you are willing to pay.

If he still files a complaint then hire a lawyer or even better hire a lawyer now and get his advice what to do.

23 minutes ago, RENT said:

Payment is not issue brother, I never promised or commited on paper on verbally that I will pay but he is more inclined towards troubling me legally than the actual money.

iddaru working annappudu ....dabbulu mohana  padesi andariki cheppukovachu ichi pada10gina ani ... why lagging ?

4 minutes ago, Kootami said:

iddaru working annappudu ....dabbulu mohana  padesi andariki cheppukovachu ichi pada10gina ani ... why lagging ?

script ala demand cheyyatledu