Suggestion needed, are we required to pay? Free home for 1 year, now asking to pay

RENT

32 minutes ago, RENT said:

Payment is not issue brother, I never promised or commited on paper on verbally that I will pay but he is more inclined towards troubling me legally than the actual money.

Documentary evidence emi leka pothe ela legal ga trouble chestaru vay, nee athi kaakapothe

inka laagaku, teguddi

32 minutes ago, RENT said:

Brotherr I never commited in writing or verbally and never said anything in texts that I will pay him. He wants to use this opprtunity to trouble me legally and money is just a excuse

he could be in some deep sh!t -> make him understand your situation and settle it with decent amount. both parties happies.. 

2 hours ago, RENT said:

Hie all,

I stayed in my uncle’s house on goodwill for good 1 year and my wife frequently visits she has job in another state and we have address proof as our uncle’s home address for now.my uncle never asked for any written or oral agreement from us to pay and he let us stay on goodwill without any problems. Some family issues happened within family and he is now asking us to pay over 12,000 dollars for all the months we stayed and if not he will report aganist us for not paying the money and staying in the home for free. what shall we do? Is this right what he is doing? Without any formal agreement such as lease, are we liable to pay? 

nuvvu reverse lo cheppu mee uncle gadiki. nuvvu 12 months mee intlo nannu nanny ga vadukonnav. ippati daka naaku dabbulu pay cheyaledhu nuvvu nenu chesina services ki ani..

cooking,laundry, vaccum cleaning ,lawn cleaning anni panulu nee chetha cheyinchukonnavu, nuvvu naaku paisal ivvakapothe nee pungi bajaisthanu ani cheppu aa edaviki.

3 hours ago, dewarist said:

Documentary evidence emi leka pothe ela legal ga trouble chestaru vay, nee athi kaakapothe

inka laagaku, teguddi

This is good brother, there is no documented evidence

3 hours ago, ZoomNaidu said:

he could be in some deep sh!t -> make him understand your situation and settle it with decent amount. both parties happies.. 

he is psycho, he is not listening due to family grudge, he wants to take it on me, he is using this as a reason to trouble me

3 hours ago, MDharmarajuMA said:

nuvvu reverse lo cheppu mee uncle gadiki. nuvvu 12 months mee intlo nannu nanny ga vadukonnav. ippati daka naaku dabbulu pay cheyaledhu nuvvu nenu chesina services ki ani..

cooking,laundry, vaccum cleaning ,lawn cleaning anni panulu nee chetha cheyinchukonnavu, nuvvu naaku paisal ivvakapothe nee pungi bajaisthanu ani cheppu aa edaviki.

H1b lo a work cheyyakudadu kada 

4 hours ago, xano917 said:

Send an email to him that you are willing to pay the rent money. And explain the reasonable amount that you are willing to pay.

If he still files a complaint then hire a lawyer or even better hire a lawyer now and get his advice what to do.

Ok will that do that if all else fail

4 hours ago, RENT said:

Due to family problem, he is trying to use this opportunity to trouble me and no matter what we say he is more inclined towards filing a case than settling the matter ..,that is why I am in confusion

They let you stay for 1 year for free.. so they must be Very nice people who wanted to help you.. meeru entha worst ga behave chesthe vallu mimmalni rent kattamani  adugutaaru??
Did you share any expenses when during this one year or just free loaded on food, expenses etc... 

6 hours ago, RENT said:

Hie all,

I stayed in my uncle’s house on goodwill for good 1 year and my wife frequently visits she has job in another state and we have address proof as our uncle’s home address for now.my uncle never asked for any written or oral agreement from us to pay and he let us stay on goodwill without any problems. Some family issues happened within family and he is now asking us to pay over 12,000 dollars for all the months we stayed and if not he will report aganist us for not paying the money and staying in the home for free. what shall we do? Is this right what he is doing? Without any formal agreement such as lease, are we liable to pay? 

Buffalo why stay for free🐃

3 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

They let you stay for 1 year for free.. so they must be Very nice people who wanted to help you.. meeru entha worst ga behave chesthe vallu mimmalni rent kattamani  adugutaaru??
Did you share any expenses when during this one year or just free loaded on food, expenses etc... 

Buffalo food expense 2000$ donkey🐃

3 hours ago, RENT said:

he is psycho, he is not listening due to family grudge, he wants to take it on me, he is using this as a reason to trouble me

In that case, communicate thru e-mails. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2020 at 10:57 AM, RENT said:

Hie all,

Did you pay Bhayya ?