Do Hindus eat beef 🥩 ??

Tellugodu

Or it only taken by Muslims and Christians ??  Is there any reason why beef is not preferred by Hindus ?? Is there any particular sect in Hindus consume beef ?? Teliste chepandi vayya.

E db lo chala mandi uncles eat beef and my family lo boys also consume so its like chicken or mutton .. a feelings em lekunda thintaru.. 

I don’t know the exact reason but we treat the animal as god andhuke ga snakes ki pray chestham, elephant ni god anukuntam, beef thinam

I don’t consume : I believe in god and blindly follow what I am taught regarding god. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DummyVariable said:

Why beef not preferred ante cows are goddess kaamadhenu... secondly most households had one in their house. They provided milk and some were used to till the land. So it was beneficial to many people. You don’t chop the hand that feeds you. They are also very friendly so people do get attached to them.

Makes sense 😇

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Why beef not preferred ante cows are goddess kaamadhenu... secondly most households had one in their house. They provided milk and some were used to till the land. So it was beneficial to many people. You don’t chop the hand that feeds you. They are also very friendly so people do get attached to them.

I think beef can also be from buffalo.?

21 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Or it only taken by Muslims and Christians ??  Is there any reason why beef is not preferred by Hindus ?? Is there any particular sect in Hindus consume beef ?? Teliste chepandi vayya.

Yes tintaru.

Yes being hindu u can eat beef, but be with specifics, eat bas taurus(scientific name) means not native Indian cows

Indian cow is called bas indicas (scientific name) 

Indian cow no hindu will eat, due to spiritual thing ,and purity of milk,mainly India is agricultral country in older times ,so most farmers treat them as pets so they will not eat, even in India northeast people eat bcoz presence of bas taurus cows around them 

So ivvani enduku le ani most Hindus will not eat any specific type

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NiranjanGaaru said:

Yes being hindu u can eat beef, but be with specifics, eat bas taurus(scientific name) means not native Indian cows

Indian cow is called bas indicas (scientific name) 

Indian cow no hindu will eat, due to spiritual thing ,and purity of milk,mainly India is agricultral country in older times ,so most farmers treat them as pets so they will not eat, even in India northeast people eat bcoz presence of bas taurus cows around them 

So ivvani enduku le ani most Hindus will not eat any specific type

45ed52837acf888b4625a5ac56b1073a_d_w.gif

simple logic, in old days we had severe famine and you butcher cow u get meal for few days(may be) but u pet/raise cow u can live on it with dairy and other substitutes for much longer.  If you say this simple no one is going to buy this, u have to put a fear( go hatya, kamadenu)  and divine angle to it to put order. While it is totally normal to send oxen( yeddulu and dunnspotu) to kalebara ( which again consumed by lower sect - be lack of food).

In Nepal much more hindu society they butcher indi buffalos and consume as meal

• Upvote 1