troy(2004)

kalaa_pipaasi

2 hours ago, hyperbole said:

So far nobody here left a comment how great was Brad Pitt, he is fcking phenomenal and I felt I was watching a real demigod Achilles..sent a shiver down my spine in some episodes when I watched it on big screen IMAx prasads

giphy.gif haha

3 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Greek mythology mana Indian mythology lagane untadi and sun god, gods in general and rebirth concepts etx

Yeah ! 
ivanni asal ekkadikelli ochinayo… wonderful 

9 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Wish one day indian cinema could evolve to make such movies inspired from our own epics Ramayana , Mahabharata just like Troy from Iliad .

Rajamouli there no 

8 hours ago, hyperbole said:

So far nobody here left a comment how great was Brad Pitt, he is fcking phenomenal and I felt I was watching a real demigod Achilles..sent a shiver down my spine in some episodes when I watched it on big screen IMAx prasads

So was Eric Bana the guy that played Hector.

there was this spear throw  @0.43 a genuine way of highlighting heroism. the same action scene will be talked later.

@0.02  hector talks about that spear throw with his wife. you can switch-on the cc for subtitles

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, kalaa_pipaasi said:

there was this spear throw  @0.43 a genuine way of highlighting heroism. the same action scene will be talked later.

@0.02  hector talks about that spear throw with his wife. you can switch-on the cc for subtitles

Subtle things like this set apart good movies from great ones.

• Upvote 2

The only good scene in this movie, as far as acting is concerned, is when the King of Troy goes to beg for his son's body from Achilles.

The rest of the movie was a gorgeous fashion parade.Brad Pitt was absolutely hot, Eric Bana handsome, Diane Kruger wooden but stunning.

Anyway the movie would've been even more amazing if they stuck to Illiad, where gods intervene in the war and take sides. It just remained a standard blockbuster without any of the amazing magic of the original.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

The only good scene in this movie, as far as acting is concerned, is when the King of Troy goes to beg for his son's body from Achilles.

The rest of the movie was a gorgeous fashion parade.Brad Pitt was absolutely hot, Eric Bana handsome, Diane Kruger wooden but stunning.

Anyway the movie would've been even more amazing if they stuck to Illiad, where gods intervene in the war and take sides. It just remained a standard blockbuster without any of the amazing magic of the original.

Iliad is too complex to show in a 2 hour movie , they had to alter it heavily and cut out the mythical parts to fit the timeframe. 

Same way entire a movie cannot do justice to mahabaratha or Ramayana  . 

Idk I found all the actors great , but yes both the Troy king and Greek king were fantastic 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Raven_Rayes said:

There were some characters who should have ideally got more recognition as they played a greater role in the actual Iliad. I have read the Iliad so there are a few things I have noticed in the movie that should have been highlighted, here are a few: 

Agamemnon was shown as a cowardly king who was not much of a warrior, truth is that Agamemnon along with Ajax and Achillies was known to be in the top 3 most feared in the battle and Hector regularly sought to go after Agamemon while in the battle. 

Hector was portrayed quite well by Eric Bana and his character also showed some depth, however in the actual Iliad he was more than that. He was a brilliant tactician in the battlefield and no one except Agamemnon on the other side could even remotely match up to that. Achillies while almost an invincible warrior personally, wasn't a great battle tactician as much as Agamemnon and Hector were. 

Paris was shown as a weakling who couldn't fight it out on the battlefield however that wasn't true. Paris was known to be the greatest archer that existed on either sides of the battlefield, while he wasn't traditionally suited for conventional battle with sword his wizard like abilities with bow and arrow more than compensated for it. 

Also when he killed Achillies during the cease fire time after Hector's death, it was Apollo the sun god himself who came to him in a vision and told him about Achillie's heel which was the only part Achillies was mortal in. Apollo encouraged Paris and told him that he was the only capable of hitting that spot with such precision owing to his archer's skills and that's what Paris ended up doing. 

The character of Ajax wasn't shown much at all in this movie, but Ajax was known to be almost fierce warrior in the battlefield and the only one who could stand up to him was Hector. There's in fact a fight they indulge in where no winner was decided, however they fought pretty much through the whole day as per Iliad. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zarathustra said:

There were some characters who should have ideally got more recognition as they played a greater role in the actual Iliad. I have read the Iliad so there are a few things I have noticed in the movie that should have been highlighted, here are a few: 

Agamemnon was shown as a cowardly king who was not much of a warrior, truth is that Agamemnon along with Ajax and Achillies was known to be in the top 3 most feared in the battle and Hector regularly sought to go after Agamemon while in the battle. 

Hector was portrayed quite well by Eric Bana and his character also showed some depth, however in the actual Iliad he was more than that. He was a brilliant tactician in the battlefield and no one except Agamemnon on the other side could even remotely match up to that. Achillies while almost an invincible warrior personally, wasn't a great battle tactician as much as Agamemnon and Hector were. 

Paris was shown as a weakling who couldn't fight it out on the battlefield however that wasn't true. Paris was known to be the greatest archer that existed on either sides of the battlefield, while he wasn't traditionally suited for conventional battle with sword his wizard like abilities with bow and arrow more than compensated for it. 

Also when he killed Achillies during the cease fire time after Hector's death, it was Apollo the sun god himself who came to him in a vision and told him about Achillie's heel which was the only part Achillies was mortal in. Apollo encouraged Paris and told him that he was the only capable of hitting that spot with such precision owing to his archer's skills and that's what Paris ended up doing. 

The character of Ajax wasn't shown much at all in this movie, but Ajax was known to be almost fierce warrior in the battlefield and the only one who could stand up to him was Hector. There's in fact a fight they indulge in where no winner was decided, however they fought pretty much through the whole day as per Iliad. 

They tried to make the entire movie about how cool Brad Pitt was, with long hair. And he was. Its a typical action movie set in historical fiction. nothing more.

3 hours ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Iliad is too complex to show in a 2 hour movie , they had to alter it heavily and cut out the mythical parts to fit the timeframe. 

Same way entire a movie cannot do justice to mahabaratha or Ramayana  . 

Idk I found all the actors great , but yes both the Troy king and Greek king were fantastic 

visually, and even narration wise immortals was way better than Troy.

but Troy took the easier route of making the entire movie about Achilles, and it worked for them at the boxoffice.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, quickgun_murugun said:

This scene looks similar to Mahabharat Abhimanyu episode where Karna kills Abhimanyu and Arjuna takes the revenge !

Hector ni Karna tho polchaku vaa.. karna is a villian and Hecor is a hero..

• Upvote 2