So Ryzen, did you buy that Apple M1 chip based macbook?

Raven_Rayes

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

perks of Apple controlling their ecosystem. So now its the fastest mobile processor, then.

Perf/watt yes but ryzen 5900h is the fastest mobile processor overall

Just now, RoadRomeo said:

I dont know. Tablets may be, not sure

I mean, does Ryzen make processors for laptops? I thought mostly gamers bought those processors coz its cheaper and more flexible than Intel.

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

does AMD make mobile processors?

Amd used to have slower , hotter processors 5 years ago during bulldozer architecture era. 

After shifting to zen architecture , they have made significant improvement . Even their share went from 2.2 $ to 105$ since they released zen. 

Some people can't accept the fact that a company can improve by leaps and bounds in such a short time and they just say amd is trash , it's hot  . Nothing you can say can convince them otherwise 

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Perf/watt yes but ryzen 5900h is the fastest mobile processor overall

Apple always felt more sluggish to me than a linux book.

I feel most fanbois just try to justify buying overpriced hardware. before it was the stunning display. Now its the M1.

2 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Amd used to have slower , hotter processors 5 years ago during bulldozer architecture era. 

After shifting to zen architecture , they have made significant improvement . Even their share went from 2.2 $ to 105$ since they released zen. 

Some people can't accept the fact that a company can improve by leaps and bounds in such a short time and they just say amd is trash , it's hot  . Nothing you can say can convince them otherwise 

I can't believe there aren't more ARM processors like M1 coming out.

i want to see how such chips work in a real computing environment, and not the fantasy land Apple created for them in their macbooks.

my experience with Apple was negative. I found it to be sluggish. but it was in the early 2000s, with a powerpc

little bit sad at how good M1 is, based on all reports.

one more victory for closed platforms and authoritarianism in the computing world.

wish linux developers agreed on a standard that can be implemented, without Apple claiming the top prize for what is essentially a marginal improvement in chip design.