Indian bank employee : "arrest him if he wants service in kannada in karnataka"

Telugodura456

Just now, Ellen said:

When a guy cannot understand and asks for service in Kannada, what's wrong ? Do you speak to your boss or clients in English or telugu? Aren't you adapting ? 

akai lets start USSI

31 minutes ago, ManOffSteel said:

Apparently the bank employee doesn't speak Kannada, what can he do. Bangalore is full of these angry kannadigas who feel that Bangalore belongs to them and that all non-locals should be thrown out.. Hyderabad on the other hand is very accepting to other cultures and languages, hindi is widely spoken..If you want development you should be open to people from other places coming and settling in your city.. what if your american manager gets upset with you tomorrow for not speaking american accent..

the employee can bring some kannada speaking employee to help. Have you ever seen in banks here where Spanish speaking customers are assisted by spanish speaking employees? And, spanish community is the minority here.

Why cant a bank employee in Karnataka speak kannada? Worse yet, why cant that employee bring a Kannada speaking employee to assist?

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, yemdoing said:

what kind of question is that.. it should both service and language. 

that kannada guy can ask for an employee who can speak local language; and the employee can take help of his colleagues to service this guy. IMHO both are at fault. 

26 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

video tesi kannada lo matladu ani edo rubabu chupinchinodidi tappu ledu antava. 

that bank employee was heard saying 'aisi ki taisi' .. and he has the job because of those local customers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

that kannada guy can ask for an employee who can speak local language; and the employee can take help of his colleagues to service this guy. IMHO both are at fault. 

No, its the responsibility of the employee. This is an insult to the vast majority of elders/ uneducated who can only speak their native language.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ellen said:

When a guy cannot understand and asks for service in Kannada, what's wrong ? Do you speak to your boss or clients in English or telugu? Aren't you adapting ? 

that video doesn't seem like it, random ga phone tesi kannada rada; kannada matladu ani vundi. just a small video of verbal altercation between two individuals shouldn't be a reason of outrage against northies or southies or any section of ppl who doesn't speak your language. 

red gurinchi-- yes its for my survival; I will adapt if I dont i dont get opportunities; for that bank employee its not a complusion; but banking sector especially in India; ppl get transferred all the time for 2-3 yrs across india; how can you expect them to learn every language of the place they serve. 

if someone pulls up camera and record me randomly I will definitely lose my cool, even if I know the language or not; definitely I would not talk to the guy in the language he was asking for it. 

47 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

that video doesn't seem like it, random ga phone tesi kannada rada; kannada matladu ani vundi. just a small video of verbal altercation between two individuals shouldn't be a reason of outrage against northies or southies or any section of ppl who doesn't speak your language. 

red gurinchi-- yes its for my survival; I will adapt if I dont i dont get opportunities; for that bank employee its not a complusion; but banking sector especially in India; ppl get transferred all the time for 2-3 yrs across india; how can you expect them to learn every language of the place they serve

if someone pulls up camera and record me randomly I will definitely lose my cool, even if I know the language or not; definitely I would not talk to the guy in the language he was asking for it. 

I gave other examples as well, as it is not uncommon for us to notice northies forcing us to speak Hindi. This isn't a single in incident. 

Bold: have you not heard of cadre/circle? Banking lo usually transfers unna they happen within a single state and the reason for this is language adaptability. Inter circle transfer rarely happens unless u have some good contacts. 

This is why clerk level recruitments in SBI or IBPS specifically require language proficiency. If you have not studied until 10th class in the same state, you are not eligible for posting. POs on the other hand don't need language proficiency. But afaik POs ki kuda  some regional language training istaru atleast in basic level during normal training.  Ivanni pichi leshi istunra if they have to speak whatever they want to?

• Upvote 1

Two days kinda oka store  ki I went with my tella friend. The girl over the counter was talking to me in Hindi, even when I was asking questions and answering in English. Pakkana na friend undi notice chesi kuda she is talking in hindi. It's not as if she doesn't know English, rep podduna software or somewhere job oste sachukuntu matladtar malla English la. I know hindi but  if we both talk in hindi, the tella girl with me would go crazy, that too when you are in their country, edo road meeda kaadu, when we are seeking service from their f'in business. 

14 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I gave other examples as well, as it is not uncommon for us to notice northies forcing us to speak Hindi. This isn't a single in incident. 

Bold: have you not heard of cadre/circle? Banking lo usually transfers unna they happen within a single state and the reason for this is language adaptability. Inter circle transfer rarely happens unless u have some good contacts. 

This is why clerk level recruitments in SBI or IBPS specifically require language proficiency. If you have not studied until 10th class in the same state, you are not eligible for posting. POs on the other hand don't need language proficiency. As far as I remmbe POs ki kuda regional language training is mandatory atleast in basic level. Ivanni pichi leshi istunra if they have to speak whatever they want to?

I don't know if the current system has changed by coming from a banking family I am pretty much aware, my dad, his frnds and colleagues have been to far away places;  some even served in north east. 

may be co-operative, banks like SBH or andhra bank or some Karnataka bank or syndicate bank that sorts;  though they are nationalized ones they have foot print in only certain states; some bigger banks they tend to transfer to far away places;  sometimes unions are also involved in the transfer process, in some banks there is a unspoken rule that a person should serve a north location in their service time. 

coming to that video vaadu PO avvochu gaa in this case you mentioned that they don't need language proficiency. also once recruitment is done, its prerogative of bank's management to send employees to which ever location they want to send; though they are public enterprise, they might send efficient employees to make a particular branch to perform better by doing that they might turn blind eye to language of that locality

1 hour ago, Dabbakai said:

So the paying customer must go begging around looking for a guy to speak his language in his own area where overwhelming majority speak the language. Only an "indian" will argue like that.

23 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Two days kinda oka store  ki I went with my tella friend. The girl over the counter was talking to me in Hindi, even when I was asking questions and answering in English. Pakkana na friend undi notice chesi kuda she is talking in hindi. It's not as if she doesn't know English, rep podduna software or somewhere job oste sachukuntu matladtar malla English la. I know hindi but  if we both talk in hindi, the tella girl with me would go crazy, that too when you are in their country, edo road meeda kaadu, when we are seeking service from their f'in business. 

who's country tellollada; tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, Dabbakai said:

coming to that video vaadu PO avvochu gaa in this case you mentioned that they don't need language proficiency. also once recruitment is done, its prerogative of bank's management to send employees to which ever location they want to send; though they are public enterprise, they might send efficient employees to make a particular branch to perform better by doing that they might turn blind eye to language of that locality

So the bank puts the employee in a situation where he does not have the skills to service. The response of the employee is to threaten to arrest the customer? saying customer as "chal hat" "nikal" - this the professionalism of your bank employees ?

Just now, Telugodura456 said:

So the paying customer must go begging around looking for a guy to speak his language in his own area where overwhelming majority speak the language. Only an "indian" will argue like that.

ante nee logic prakaram if I am traveling to mexico; I can manage with english ane naa nee uddesam.